PDA

View Full Version : The Marvelettes - "The Truth's Outside My Door"

test

mysterysinger
10-23-2018, 04:35 PM
Have to say I love everything about this track. Deffo in my top 5 Marvelettes sounds right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=24&v=9JqJxKWQJX8

johnjeb
10-23-2018, 08:52 PM
Love it, as well. Just played In Full Bloom earlier today. Another fave from that album is Too Many Tears.

daviddesper
10-23-2018, 11:47 PM
How about Love Silent, Love Deep? Any fans out there for that one?

Quinn
10-24-2018, 12:13 AM
Too Many Tears, Too Many Times was one of the key tracks for me. I always Marveled at it's relatable story and dark,dramatic arrangement. It was very different and was in stark contrast to what was being made in the Snakepit in 1965. So innovative it was that they couldn't do anything with it until 1969,when the sound of music caught up to IT. Great work from Ivy Jo Hunter and Mickey Stevenson[[ though I don't think he was around).

arr&bee
10-24-2018, 01:13 AM
Nice track,i haven't heard it in awhile.

kenneth
10-24-2018, 02:05 AM
My favorites from the album are still "Seeing is Believing" and "That's How Heartaches Are Made." But it's an excellent album. Very much a mood piece. I was surprised to learn how many different years the tracks came from because the album is so very cohesive.

Fullfillingnessfirstfinale
10-24-2018, 05:56 AM
IMO definitly my favoriteīs are "Now itīs the time for love" and "The truth outside my door". Ironically those tracks were the first tracks, which I heard from the album including on Marvelettes Compilations. Another one is "Everybody knows but you", sadly itīs Ann Bogan and The Andantes, anyone knows if there exits an alternate version of the song, contains all Marvelettes ?

And I completley agree, "Too many tears, too many times" is an outstanding track of this album, very sophisticated and a special atmospheric arrangment, there is a dangeraous felling in it, simply amazing !

144man
10-24-2018, 06:24 AM
I love every track on that album with the exception of "Rainy Mourning". The neglected "Sunshine Days" is my favourite.

snakepit
10-24-2018, 08:36 AM
Too Many Tears, Too Many Times was one of the key tracks for me. I always Marveled at it's relatable story and dark,dramatic arrangement. It was very different and was in stark contrast to what was being made in the Snakepit in 1965. So innovative it was that they couldn't do anything with it until 1969,when the sound of music caught up to IT. Great work from Ivy Jo Hunter and Mickey Stevenson[[ though I don't think he was around).

How dare Motown use my username for their studio!

copley
10-24-2018, 07:33 PM
'In Full Bloom' is my fav Motown album. Every track is a classic. Motown had no idea what it had got till they were gone!

TomatoTom123
10-24-2018, 07:54 PM
I like this song, and I recall liking the whole of In Full Bloom, but none of the tracks have especially stood out for me. I shall have to revisit the album. :)