PDA

View Full Version : Wjzz

test

oldspice676
02-17-2011, 12:10 PM
Quick Question: Does anybody remember the old radio station here in detroit called WJZZ!! if so could anybody list the names of songs that were played during the time the station was hot.

I really appreciate it, if u name some artists i'll find the tunes & play them on my radio show

DJ Oldspice
www.kynsradio1017.blogspot.com

glencro
02-17-2011, 02:32 PM
Yes I loved WJZZ and still miss that station.
I remember hearing a lot of Incognito, Boney James, David Sanburn, Al Jarreau, George Benson, Will Downing, Pieces of A Dream, Najee, Perri', Sade, Yellowjackets, Anita Baker album cuts that were not singles, Phyllis Hyman, Rahsaan Patterson, Wayman Tisdale, Brian Culberson, Sweetback [[band members of Sade), Gabrielle Goodman, Joe Sample, George Duke, Norman Brown, Teena Marie [[jazz influenced album cuts), Maxwell, Amiel Larue, Chaka Khan, Take 6, Dianne Reeves, Lizz Wright, Bobby McFerrin's "Bang!Zoom" cd, Hiroshima, Brenda Russell. I don't remember the specific songs but these were some of the artists. They surprised me by adding this gem by CeCe Winans that fit perfectly with their format
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-n8UclZ6g8

oldspice676
02-17-2011, 03:50 PM
Yes I loved WJZZ and still miss that station.
I remember hearing a lot of Incognito, Boney James, David Sanburn, Al Jarreau, George Benson, Will Downing, Pieces of A Dream, Najee, Perri', Sade, Yellowjackets, Anita Baker album cuts that were not singles, Phyllis Hyman, Rahsaan Patterson, Wayman Tisdale, Brian Culberson, Sweetback [[band members of Sade), Gabrielle Goodman, Joe Sample, George Duke, Norman Brown, Teena Marie [[jazz influenced album cuts), Maxwell, Amiel Larue, Chaka Khan, Take 6, Dianne Reeves, Lizz Wright, Bobby McFerrin's "Bang!Zoom" cd, Hiroshima, Brenda Russell. I don't remember the specific songs but these were some of the artists. They surprised me by adding this gem by CeCe Winans that fit perfectly with their format
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-n8UclZ6g8

right i heard it was the station for jazz in detroit & thanks for the artists i really enjoyed them! :-)

glencro
02-17-2011, 04:02 PM
It really was the station for jazz. After it went off the air, a "smooth jazz" station came along but their format reminded me of elevator music. Best wishes on your show, it is needed in this musical recession

oldspice676
02-17-2011, 05:07 PM
It really was the station for jazz. After it went off the air, a "smooth jazz" station came along but their format reminded me of elevator music. Best wishes on your show, it is needed in this musical recession

well thank u sir, i am so grateful that i have this talent to entertain many people with great music! & i'll take any requests for jazz from back in the day or recent! BTW i am only 20 years old so yes im young but good music doesn't have a age :-)