PDA

View Full Version : Marvin gaye - little darling [[i need you) rare clip 1966

test

soulpassion
10-21-2018, 05:49 PM
MARVIN GAYE - LITTLE DARLING [[I NEED YOU) RARE CLIP 1966 [[CLAY COLE SHOW)...NOT PERFECT BUT THOUGHT WORTH WHILE STILL UPLOADING AND SHARING.

https://youtu.be/yBdXAAfysoU

Fourtopsbiggestfan
10-21-2018, 06:31 PM
Criminally underrated. Now this type of song is my Marvin. Songs like this and YOUR UNCHANGING LOVE, I'LL BE DOGGONE, I GOT TO GET TO CALIFORNIA ETC.

Zantellor
10-21-2018, 11:31 PM
Love this song. Anyway. I thought the Clay Cole tapes were destroyed or did not exist. If hey do, and someone has access to them. We are all in for an exciting treat. There are performances by The Marvelettes, Chris Clark,a birthday party for Mary Wells. The Temptations a whole show devoted to Motown. However the performances Id really like to see are by Florence Ballard solo.singing Going Out Of My Head and It Doesn't Matter How I Say It. Here is hoping it exists and is posted somewhere

marv2
10-22-2018, 12:15 AM
Those are not the background vocals from the recording. I wonder who they are.

mowest
10-22-2018, 02:26 AM

The speed of the record is faster than usual.

Philles/Motown Gary
10-22-2018, 04:08 AM
Criminally underrated. Now this type of song is my Marvin. Songs like this and YOUR UNCHANGING LOVE, I'LL BE DOGGONE, I GOT TO GET TO CALIFORNIA ETC.
I agree, Fourtopsbiggestfan. I much prefer Marvin's '60s Motown recordings to his later '70s style. Same goes for Stevie. There are exceptions for their '70s work, but overall, Motown's classic '60s sound is where they shined brightest.

Fourtopsbiggestfan
10-22-2018, 04:29 AM
I agree, Fourtopsbiggestfan. I much prefer Marvin's '60s Motown recordings to his later '70s style. Same goes for Stevie. There are exceptions for their '70s work, but overall, Motown's classic '60s sound is where they shined brightest.
Finally a similar soul as me. We're an endangered species. Everyone rants and raves about the 70's in general anyway. Give the 60's it's due.

bradburger
10-22-2018, 09:20 AM

Marv,

Sure sound like they are [[the Andantes)to me!

Despite the presence of a mic, Marvin is miming to the US 45 mix.

Anyway, a nice find.

Cheers

Paul

midnightman
10-22-2018, 01:58 PM
"Those are not the background vocals from the recording"...

Uh yes they are lol

This is the single mix btw lol [[which has strings backing it while the album mix from the "Moods" album didn't include it)