PDA

View Full Version : Diana Ross - Another Sold Out Performance - NYC's New Pier 17

test

PeaceNHarmony
10-03-2018, 04:01 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIEaxf1ySUs

TheMotownManiac
10-03-2018, 04:45 PM
We went to several shows last week. This was the worst. The venue us amazing except there was steady issues with the sound necessitating many discussions with the sound tech as she couldn’t hear hearself sometimes, the bg other times and the band other times. The wind was also an issue causing sound issues plus her hair was flying all over and capes were blowing her over almost. She was still great, but I’m sure this is the lady of her visits here - even though it sold out fast at high prices with top tix at $500 per.

thommg
10-03-2018, 04:59 PM
I was wondering if that venue was any good. I have heard of sound issues with a few performers there. Not sure I would pay the money they want to see a show there. She was fantastic at City Center last year [[or was it earlier this year? I can't remember things anymore!).

midnightman
10-03-2018, 05:45 PM
Pier shows don't sound too hot. Some performers deal with so much. Patti LaBelle performed at a similar show around 2010 or 2011 and her voice was shot, which remains a rarity in her shows so she had to will it especially during Rainbow.

rovereab
10-04-2018, 06:35 AM
Wonderful to see that Diana still has the magic.

I just hope that Diana visits the UK for some concerts in the not too distant future. I hope she appreciates that when her popularity waned in the US she was still popular and respected in the UK, and continues to be so.

Please let's have some loyalty back!