PDA

View Full Version : Chris Clark - "Soul Sounds" new mini-LP style CD from Japan

test

mysterysinger
10-01-2018, 12:16 PM
If we were to have a mini-LP version of Chris Clark's "Soul Sounds", I would have loved Culture Factory to have produced it. As it is, they've been beaten to the punch by Oldays/Clinck in Japan who are now advertising this on ebay.

I don't know what happened to Stevie's "At The Beach" - perhaps they've been prevented from producing it - Chris Clark's album is probably a better bet anyway. The REEL Music release a while back in standard CD format was excellent though.

There are bonus tracks -
01. I WANT TO GO BACK THERE AGAIN
02. LOVE'S GONE BAD
03. BORN TO LOVE YOU BABY
04. IF YOU SHOULD WALK AWAY
05. WHISPER YOU LOVE ME BOY
06. GOT TO GET YOU INTO MY LIFE
07. DAY BY DAY OR NEVER
08. FROM HEAD TO TOE
09. DO RIGHT BABY DO RIGHT
10. UNTIL YOU LOVE SOMEONE
11. PUT YOURSELF IN MY PLACE
12. SWEETER AS THE DAYS GO BY
BONUS TRACKS
13. DON'T BE TOO LONG
14. I LOVE YOU
15. THE BEGINNING OF THE END

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CHRIS-CLARK-SOUL-SOUNDS-JAPAN-MINI-LP-CD-BONUS-TRACK-C94/352474155856?hash=item521118cb50:g:JVMAAOSwbF1bsa5 u

PeaceNHarmony
10-03-2018, 09:16 AM
If we were to have a mini-LP version of Chris Clark's "Soul Sounds", I would have loved Culture Factory to have produced it. As it is, they've been beaten to the punch by Oldays/Clinck in Japan who are now advertising this on ebay.

I don't know what happened to Stevie's "At The Beach" - perhaps they've been prevented from producing it - Chris Clark's album is probably a better bet anyway. The REEL Music release a while back in standard CD format was excellent though.

There are bonus tracks -
01. I WANT TO GO BACK THERE AGAIN
02. LOVE'S GONE BAD
03. BORN TO LOVE YOU BABY
04. IF YOU SHOULD WALK AWAY
05. WHISPER YOU LOVE ME BOY
06. GOT TO GET YOU INTO MY LIFE
07. DAY BY DAY OR NEVER
08. FROM HEAD TO TOE
09. DO RIGHT BABY DO RIGHT
10. UNTIL YOU LOVE SOMEONE
11. PUT YOURSELF IN MY PLACE
12. SWEETER AS THE DAYS GO BY
BONUS TRACKS
13. DON'T BE TOO LONG
14. I LOVE YOU
15. THE BEGINNING OF THE END

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CHRIS-CLARK-SOUL-SOUNDS-JAPAN-MINI-LP-CD-BONUS-TRACK-C94/352474155856?hash=item521118cb50:g:JVMAAOSwbF1bsa5 u

I loved the Reel release as well - an excellent title all around for Chris and indeed she is/was a wonderful singer. I don't know if I'll spring for this release for the 3 extra cuts - will be interested to hear what you think of those cuts -
I

smallworld
10-03-2018, 11:00 AM
The bonus cuts [[along with her 2 albums and a second disc of previously unreleased material) are on Chris Clark's The Motown Collection.

The Oldays release is public domain in Japan so Chris Clark or anyone else with a financial interest in the recordings won't get a cent from sales.