PDA

View Full Version : You've GOT to see this one! Come See About Me/The Supremes - a fuTuRo re-fResh!!!

test

marv2
09-17-2018, 10:18 PM
He outdid himself this time. This mix could go on the radio right now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPR9vpFSY9g

Ollie9
09-18-2018, 07:24 AM
This remix takes "Come See About Me" Right into 2018. Love the moody video.
A WHOLE ALBUM PLEASE!!!!

rovereab
09-18-2018, 09:33 AM
This is really excellent. More please!

marv2
09-18-2018, 09:34 AM
This remix takes "Come See About Me" Right into 2018. Love the moody video.
A WHOLE ALBUM PLEASE!!!!

That video, using the ruins of the Brewster Projects and Times Square is something I envisioned a long time ago believe it or not.

marv2
09-18-2018, 09:36 AM
This is really excellent. More please!

I agree! I think it was very insightful to present their "rags to riches", their eventual Worldwide fame this way.

rovereab
09-18-2018, 09:41 AM
Unlike many remixes of classic era Motown songs, which end up losing the "Motown sound", this remix still has it but in a modern way. Very clever.

marv2
09-18-2018, 09:46 AM
Unlike many remixes of classic era Motown songs, which end up losing the "Motown sound", this remix still has it but in a modern way. Very clever.

It really does sound "fresh". The video is amazing. There is so much to see that I watched it twice the first time discovering it. You have to look really close and you'll pick out different little things each time.

lucky2012
09-18-2018, 09:49 AM
Very effective. I think Diana & Mary would be quite moved if they saw this. We, the fans, certainly are.

Ollie9
09-18-2018, 03:33 PM
It really does sound "fresh". The video is amazing. There is so much to see that I watched it twice the first time discovering it. You have to look really close and you'll pick out different little things each time.

I did exactly the same thing. There is so much going on that i was sure i had missed something. I really like what he does with Diana's vocals and it's nice to hear the volume on Mary and Flo really turned up. Great stuff.

marv2
09-18-2018, 03:54 PM
I did exactly the same thing. There is so much going on that i was sure i had missed something. I really like what he does with Diana's vocals and it's nice to hear the volume on Mary and Flo really turned up. Great stuff.

Did catch the solemn looking Flo as she blinked from the old Brewster Projects hi-rise and again from a building in Europe. That was her from the old Swingin' Time Show.

marv2
09-18-2018, 03:58 PM

Yes I like how he has Mary and Florence vocals way up in the mix. They sound like the group they were always meant to be......great!

lakeside
09-18-2018, 07:17 PM
Wow….Mary's and Flo's volume turned right up there were it should be! The video was mesmerizing. Had to watch it several times in a row to catch everything. Very impressive, indeed!

rovereab
09-19-2018, 02:23 PM
I'd love fuTuRo to have a go with the Diana and Marvin album. I have always felt the mastering to be lack lustre. The remix of Stop, Look Listen showed that there are more lyrics available to create a fuller sound.

daviddh
09-23-2018, 10:19 AM
didn't think I would like it but I did ,great job