PDA

View Full Version : Rare pic of Mary, Cindy and Jean with Andy Williams

test

blackguy69
09-09-2018, 07:22 PM
This popped up on my Facebook today

TomatoTom123
09-09-2018, 10:11 PM
Here it is for y'all who can't see attached images ;)

marybrewster
09-10-2018, 12:27 AM
Great find!

Is it just me, or are Mary, Cindy, and Jean in three different versions of the same dress? Mary's looks long, while Jean's is short. The belts look similar; similar to the print that's at the bottom of Cindy's dress. Perhaps just "street clothes", but very well coordinated.

reese
09-10-2018, 07:19 AM
Great find!

Is it just me, or are Mary, Cindy, and Jean in three different versions of the same dress? Mary's looks long, while Jean's is short. The belts look similar; similar to the print that's at the bottom of Cindy's dress. Perhaps just "street clothes", but very well coordinated.

Can't really tell from this photo. It looks like Jean and Mary might be wearing the same belt, which might match Cindy's skirt.

sup_fan
09-10-2018, 10:36 AM
wonder what they're rehearsing. that's not the set that was used for the brief duet they sang of Groovin & People Got To Be Free. unless they're in a rehearsal hall of some sort. but even that, looks like Jean is walking around and M and C are dancing.

Was Andy on the Pearl Bailey special with them? i know they did River Deep and The Border Song. perhaps there was another production number on the show

regardless it's a sensational picture!!

thommg
09-10-2018, 11:12 AM
I tried to lighten it up a bit. Mary is in pants.

marybrewster
09-10-2018, 11:15 AM
Andy Williams hosted the "Festival of Ford's" special that aired on Thanksgiving, 1970. The Supremes were guests, along with Pearl Bailey, Dionne, Bobby Gentry, Burl Ives, Henry Mancini, among others.

sup_fan
09-10-2018, 11:52 AM
oh i had that confused with the Pearl Bailey special they were on. there's a pic in Supreme Faith of the Sups, Jimmy Steward, Pearl, Bobbie Gentry and a few others. i assumed that was the show they did River and Border.

What did they sing on Festival?

And yes it looks like they're at least in coordinated personal outfits. mary in blackldark button down top with pants and the belt to match the group pattern. Cindy in a dark crew neck top with the pattern in her skirt, along with a black/dark belt. and Jean in a black/dark top and skirt or mini dress, with the belt to match the group pattern

johnny_raven
09-10-2018, 12:23 PM
This is part of a news article the day after Festival At Ford's aired ...

johnny_raven
09-10-2018, 12:32 PM
They sang "Games People Play" with Andy Williams ...

TheMotownManiac
09-10-2018, 01:16 PM
I have never seen this and I know I saw the special. Did anyone see this clip? Maybe my phone rang or something. Thanks for the newspaper clips - I love seeing these rare pics as it reminds me of their wonderful sound.

sup_fan
09-10-2018, 02:41 PM
great posts!! i'm guessing the supremes medley was the same one they did in their live shows around this time which i believe included Reflections, Come see about me, You keep me hangin on, Up the ladder, plus a few more