PDA

View Full Version : Supreme Voices: “Give Me the Night” [Matt Pop Radio Edit] MUSIC VIDEO

test

sansradio
09-05-2018, 02:07 PM
Rick Gianatos released this on 1 September. Surprised there was no fanfare here.

https://youtu.be/tPTgX2vjZKw

luke
09-05-2018, 02:51 PM
Is it a cd or just this video? It’s over 20 years old right?

carlo
09-05-2018, 04:23 PM
There is a CD on the way, as well as a DVD of their 20th anniversary show with Freddi from 2006.

I like this remix, but they need to work on the visuals/marketing. They have the right things going on in the music and talent department for sure. But when I tried to find this remix on Spotify, I had some trouble. I would have thought it would be under "FLOS" or Scherrie Payne, etc. It is listed under the artist "Supreme Voices". I couldn't remember the name of the song, so I had to check and found it that way, under the song title. I would imagine if they want digital downloads/play, it needs to be a little easier to find. Also, the digital cover art of the remix package could be a little more exciting. I understand that they only have so much when it comes to their budget, but I am sure there are fans out there [[myself included) who would gladly whip something up for them. The Supremes have always relied on the help and loyalty of their fans, so there is no shame in that. I do like the music video and the vintage clips of the ladies. I hope this does well! I look forward to buying the CD and/or DVD release.

lakeside
09-05-2018, 05:10 PM
I used to own the original music video of this when it came out. It was totally different than this [[video portion). I believe it was filmed in the UK?

sansradio
09-05-2018, 07:30 PM
Is it a cd or just this video? It’s over 20 years old right?

The “new” LP is available on iTunes, at least. And yes, given the presence of Jean and Lynda, that dates it a bit.

thommg
09-07-2018, 10:45 AM
The “new” LP is available on iTunes, at least. And yes, given the presence of Jean and Lynda, that dates it a bit.

Is that Jean? It doesn't look like her to me. I thought it was Sundray.

lakeside
09-07-2018, 11:27 AM

Sundray, Scherrie and Lynda are in the video and on the recording [[CD).

sansradio
09-07-2018, 01:23 PM

It is Sundray. I was corrected and offered an apology yesterday, but it appears that Trump's Russian hackers have stricken us again.

Weslley Francisco
09-08-2018, 07:29 PM
Love the remix, I just wish they had done a better video, this doesn't look good IMO

ivyfield
09-25-2018, 09:19 AM
Yes, all done in the UK at my first photo shoot for the ladies. I styled the shoot and hired the photographer, makeup and hair artists. Even made some of the costumes for the shoot myself! The resulting pictures were for my first album with Scherrie, Lynda & Sundray SUPREMELY YOURS released in 1995. The video was done using non-professional equipment. I worked in the edit suite in London producing the original version that was shown in U.K. TV - not the version you see here. Yes, the song is from a 25 year old album. The group has evolved a lot since then and our new album is out in January with a 4 track EP being released before the end of this year.

luke
09-25-2018, 11:25 AM
I saw YouTube clip of New cd. Very nice. Is that Scherrie singing Higher and Higher?

Weslley Francisco
09-25-2018, 06:15 PM
https://youtu.be/Lg2k7FjEhN0