PDA

View Full Version : Someday we'll be together - diana ross -live

test

milven
08-29-2018, 11:10 AM
All the former Supremes still performing sing SOMEDAY in their concerts except former Supreme Diana.

It is one of my favorites songs. Is there any reason why she does not include one of her biggest hits live in concert?

bradsupremes
08-29-2018, 12:01 PM
All the former Supremes still performing sing SOMEDAY in their concerts except former Supreme Diana.

It is one of my favorites songs. Is there any reason why she does not include one of her biggest hits live in concert?

Of course. She doesn't want people to think there is a reunion happening. She didn't even sing it during RTL.

lucky2012
08-29-2018, 12:13 PM
Of course. She doesn't want people to think there is a reunion happening. She didn't even sing it during RTL.
I think you're absolutely right about this. I still would love to hear her sing it, though.

Jimi LaLumia
08-29-2018, 12:17 PM
after the stunt at Motown 25 , I'm sure she has relegated one of her biggest hits to the dustbin of history..I don't blame her

sup_fan
08-29-2018, 12:19 PM
the orchestra briefly plays it during her Motown/Supremes segment in Evening with DR and it's named on the track listing. But she doesn't sing it

it might be that there are just too many sensitive memories tied to it. it was her final song with the Sups and she's mentioned many times what a challenging and difficult period that was for her and the group.

Also she sang it at Motown 25 and we all know about that mess

And everyone has certainly interpreted the lyrics to mean the group would reunite, which we all know isn't possible.

So there's a lot of baggage with it

it would be interesting to hear each of the Supremes talk about which songs they like to sing and which hits are ones they'd as soon skip. everyone has their favorites.

I thought i recalled discussions on here a while back when everyone was talking about why WDOLG was so quickly dropped from the live act. perhaps it didn't age as well, perhaps the girls didn't like singing it as much, perhaps Come See and Baby Love were close enough [[sound-wise) to fill that spot and so they skipped it and incorporated other tunes. who knows

Boogiedown
08-29-2018, 12:19 PM
Was the song always intended as a tease?

RanRan79
08-29-2018, 01:14 PM

Does she really think the public is dumb enough to think her singing that song means a reunion is happening? I find that hard to believe. Doesn't appear that she sang it at all after leaving the group until the actual reunion in 83.

RanRan79
08-29-2018, 01:20 PM
the orchestra briefly plays it during her Motown/Supremes segment in Evening with DR and it's named on the track listing. But she doesn't sing it

it might be that there are just too many sensitive memories tied to it. it was her final song with the Sups and she's mentioned many times what a challenging and difficult period that was for her and the group.

Also she sang it at Motown 25 and we all know about that mess

And everyone has certainly interpreted the lyrics to mean the group would reunite, which we all know isn't possible.

So there's a lot of baggage with it

it would be interesting to hear each of the Supremes talk about which songs they like to sing and which hits are ones they'd as soon skip. everyone has their favorites.

I thought i recalled discussions on here a while back when everyone was talking about why WDOLG was so quickly dropped from the live act. perhaps it didn't age as well, perhaps the girls didn't like singing it as much, perhaps Come See and Baby Love were close enough [[sound-wise) to fill that spot and so they skipped it and incorporated other tunes. who knows

I doubt misinterpretation of the song's meaning has anything to do with it, but I think you're right that the fact that it may be attached to a dark period in her life might have something to do with. Everyone has songs that are attached to events or time periods that aren't pleasant, I know I do, so maybe "Someday" is hers. Although I hope that's not the case either because I would love to hear her sing it again.

As for WDOLG, I know Florence was still referring to it as her favorite of the hits but maybe Diana and Mary didn't like it. IMO "Where" sounds better in their live act than either "Come" or "Baby". I don't think there's even been a live version of either song that came close to capturing the greatness of the recordings. Personally I thought the live versions of WDOLG, while not capturing the greatness of the original, still came across very well. Sucks that we didn't get "Where" after a certain point but we couldn't get rid of that damn "Somewhere"!!

jobeterob
08-29-2018, 01:32 PM
Does she really think the public is dumb enough to think her singing that song means a reunion is happening? I find that hard to believe. Doesn't appear that she sang it at all after leaving the group until the actual reunion in 83.

I don't think she's dumb enough - but I do think that is exactly what the crazed fans from the 60's that are left would do.

sup_fan
08-29-2018, 03:02 PM
I doubt misinterpretation of the song's meaning has anything to do with it, but I think you're right that the fact that it may be attached to a dark period in her life might have something to do with. Everyone has songs that are attached to events or time periods that aren't pleasant, I know I do, so maybe "Someday" is hers. Although I hope that's not the case either because I would love to hear her sing it again.

As for WDOLG, I know Florence was still referring to it as her favorite of the hits but maybe Diana and Mary didn't like it. IMO "Where" sounds better in their live act than either "Come" or "Baby". I don't think there's even been a live version of either song that came close to capturing the greatness of the recordings. Personally I thought the live versions of WDOLG, while not capturing the greatness of the original, still came across very well. Sucks that we didn't get "Where" after a certain point but we couldn't get rid of that damn "Somewhere"!!

it's like we disagree on everything lolol ;)

i think Where doesn't come across as exciting as Come or Baby Love. it just does have the melodic or lyric complexity that the other two do [[which is saying something since Come and Baby are hardly complex lol). Come See has much more involved background parts - the Boo Hoo, For You, etc. So it makes for more interaction between the girls. They also had more effective choreography for this song than Where.

Baby Love i'm assuming was just a fav. Berry loved it, i think the girls loved it. it just seems to have been a bit more enduring than Where. plus there's the magical "oooo" by Diana at the beginning. Very effective with the onstage performance because you could have a lead in patter or tune [[now that you've heard some of our favorite songs...) and then drum intro and suddenly *pause*... then diana leans into the mic and does the oooo. suddenly everyone knows it and thunderous applause.

none of this is to say that Where isn't a great song and of huge historic importance. clearly it was the key to making the Supremes superstars. But HDH was able to take the magic of Where and make it even more perfect with the subsequent tunes.

lucky2012
08-29-2018, 03:41 PM
Funny that WDOLG was Florence's favorite because I only hear Diana and Mary on it. It was perfect anyway.
I think I've only heard Diana sing it live once, at her landmark Pantages concert more than 10 years ago. She was doing full renditions of Supremes classics, which was appropriate that night because Brian or Eddie Holland [[or both) were there. The audience remained standing and cheering through all the hits.
WDOLG is lyrically simple but the record's impact was the sound of a classic HDH production. [[I think WDOLG and Baby, I Need Your Loving heralded the arrival of The Motown Sound in the summer of 1964). A great live performance would emphasize the hand clapping, toe tapping, hip shaking beat, Diana's sexy yearning, burning lead and, of course, the all-important baby, baby[[s) echoing loudly, bringing it all home.

PeaceNHarmony
08-29-2018, 04:17 PM
It's a favorite of mine as well, but I think it's such a tremendous achievement of a record that it just may not translate well live. Also, perhaps it's a song Diana just doesn't like that much - I've wanted to hear 'Last Time' added to the uptempo section in Ross' current set list. I bet the audience would love it!

Boogiedown
08-29-2018, 04:27 PM
It's amazing to have such a large repertoire that she can leave out such significant songs and still provide a show that satisfies.

midnightman
08-29-2018, 04:41 PM
Diana never personally cared for it. Someday was gonna be HER solo debut, remember? And Diana just was NOT feeling it. The songwriter himself [[Johnny) had to coax her into doing it. I don't recall her singing it during the '70s either! So why would she choose not to sing it because of bad memories? She just simply hated the song.

Thornton
08-29-2018, 05:19 PM

At some point Lynda said "Love Is Here And Now You're Gone" was her favorite song from the 60's. They should have let her sing it in their live act since Jean didn't like it.

RanRan79
08-29-2018, 07:46 PM
it's like we disagree on everything lolol ;)

And have you noticed that we seem to do that without personal insults and fighting back and forth? We do seem to disagree a lot Sup, but I value your opinion anyway. I've been waiting on you to chime in on the Aretha/Diana duet thread to see how you might imagine it going, but I don't think you've added your thoughts yet.

RanRan79
08-29-2018, 07:48 PM
Funny that WDOLG was Florence's favorite because I only hear Diana and Mary on it. It was perfect anyway.
I think I've only heard Diana sing it live once, at her landmark Pantages concert more than 10 years ago. She was doing full renditions of Supremes classics, which was appropriate that night because Brian or Eddie Holland [[or both) were there. The audience remained standing and cheering through all the hits.
WDOLG is lyrically simple but the record's impact was the sound of a classic HDH production. [[I think WDOLG and Baby, I Need Your Loving heralded the arrival of The Motown Sound in the summer of 1964). A great live performance would emphasize the hand clapping, toe tapping, hip shaking beat, Diana's sexy yearning, burning lead and, of course, the all-important baby, baby[[s) echoing loudly, bringing it all home.

Agree with all of this. Flo doesn't seem to be very audible on "Where", but maybe she could hear herself where we find it hard to. Also she may have been the type of person who could love a good record regardless of whether she's a vital part of it or not.

RanRan79
08-29-2018, 07:49 PM
Diana never personally cared for it. Someday was gonna be HER solo debut, remember? And Diana just was NOT feeling it. The songwriter himself [[Johnny) had to coax her into doing it. I don't recall her singing it during the '70s either! So why would she choose not to sing it because of bad memories? She just simply hated the song.

I've never heard her say she hated the song Midnight.

RanRan79
08-29-2018, 07:52 PM
At some point Lynda said "Love Is Here And Now You're Gone" was her favorite song from the 60's. They should have let her sing it in their live act since Jean didn't like it.

I bet that would've been a treat. "Love Is Here" might just be my favorite of the hit singles. Well that and "Where Did Our Love Go".

Am I the only one that has to break down my favorite Supremes songs into categories? Favorite of the hits. Favorite album cut. Favorite with Flo. Favorite DRATS. Favorite with Jean. Too many favorites to ever pick just one. Lol

TheMotownManiac
08-30-2018, 03:54 AM
Diana performed Someday in her first solo act but I don’t know if she used it as a winsome moment or not, but it was there at The Frontier. Maybe because she was robbed of her first solo #1 she has bad feelings about it. It would have been nice to have her first solo single go platinum and number one fresh out of the gate instead of settling for reach out and touch. Can you imagine the squawking that Mary would have been doing all these years if up the ladder or stoned love had been taken and made a hit for ross instead of JMC???

PeaceNHarmony
08-30-2018, 05:55 AM
Diana performed Someday in her first solo act but I don’t know if she used it as a winsome moment or not, but it was there at The Frontier. Maybe because she was robbed of her first solo #1 she has bad feelings about it. It would have been nice to have her first solo single go platinum and number one fresh out of the gate instead of settling for reach out and touch. Can you imagine the squawking that Mary would have been doing all these years if up the ladder or stoned love had been taken and made a hit for ross instead of JMC???
I can. Most likely she'da 'written' another book about it ...

sup_fan
08-30-2018, 10:28 AM
And have you noticed that we seem to do that without personal insults and fighting back and forth? We do seem to disagree a lot Sup, but I value your opinion anyway. I've been waiting on you to chime in on the Aretha/Diana duet thread to see how you might imagine it going, but I don't think you've added your thoughts yet.

that's what is fun [[or should be what's fun) about this board. sharing ideas and different thoughts. learning about different aspects of their career and work.

Always happy to hear your thoughts on things Ran. appreciate your participation here :)

midnightman
08-30-2018, 11:46 AM
I've never heard her say she hated the song Midnight.

She never said it but I doubt she was in love with it very much when they recorded it. Diana usually performs songs she really loves. Someday just doesn't seem to be the one for her. *shrug*

Boogiedown
08-30-2018, 12:37 PM
It might also be too much of a shared "Supremes" song for her . They're quite prominent , loudly singing the song's title each time. "They" open the song before Diana too.

reese
08-30-2018, 01:23 PM
Interesting to hear that Diana might not have liked SOMEDAY. It is certainly one of her best recordings, IMO. She seemed to enjoy singing along with it during her 1993 OPRAH appearance when it was played it after one of the commercial breaks. And it turned out to be one of the best remixes on her DIANA EXTENDED album.

vgalindo
08-30-2018, 01:25 PM
It might also be too much of a shared "Supremes" song for her . They're quite prominent , loudly singing the song's title each time. "They" open the song before Diana too.
That doesn't make since. The Supremes are not even on the recording!

Boogiedown
08-30-2018, 01:57 PM
Ha!
You know that, but the world at large didn't / doesn't.

It'll forever be the last hit song of Diana Ross and her "Supremes"

sup_fan
08-30-2018, 02:38 PM
and keep in mind we're all just speculating here. outside of Return to Love there are tons of sup songs she doesn't include often. or maybe more sporadically.

understandably she probably has some songs she just likes better than others. plus what songs have recent orchestra charts and everything else

RanRan79
08-30-2018, 06:41 PM
that's what is fun [[or should be what's fun) about this board. sharing ideas and different thoughts. learning about different aspects of their career and work.

Always happy to hear your thoughts on things Ran. appreciate your participation here :)

Likewise my friend!

milven
09-09-2018, 09:49 PM
Was just glancing through Mary's book for something else, and on the last page of her book I read this [[referring to Diana and Mary at Flo's funeral):

"As we filed out, the organist played 'Someday We'll Be Together' - a Supremes' hit neither Flo nor I sung on - over and over.

Between the finale of Flo's funeral, and the finale of Motown 25, the song may have bad memories for her.

jobeterob
09-10-2018, 01:17 AM
Except Diana doesn’t allow bad thoughts and memories - banished

luke
09-10-2018, 11:36 AM
Lol. Is she a robot ?

sup_fan
09-10-2018, 11:54 AM
i have a hunch we're making far to many assumptions here. the woman has sung scores of top 40 songs. Why was My World always in the Sup medley when it wasn't a #1? She mentions in Evening with Diana Ross that Reflections was a fav, yet it wasn't in all of her live shows.

remember the first three letters of assumption are ASS lol

RanRan79
09-10-2018, 11:57 AM
Was just glancing through Mary's book for something else, and on the last page of her book I read this [[referring to Diana and Mary at Flo's funeral):

"As we filed out, the organist played 'Someday We'll Be Together' - a Supremes' hit neither Flo nor I sung on - over and over.

Between the finale of Flo's funeral, and the finale of Motown 25, the song may have bad memories for her.

Perhaps that's a big part of it today, but that doesn't explain why she never seemed to sing it prior to Flo's funeral. But still it's a good point, possibly a piece of the puzzle. She may now associate the song with that day. There's a couple songs I don't care to hear because I associate them with death/funeral, so I could understand if that's the case for her.

RanRan79
09-10-2018, 11:59 AM
Lol. Is she a robot ?

Nope, but apparently some like to think she has super powers and somehow makes her something more than human. She bleeds, cries and shits just like the rest of us. Don't believe the hype.

RanRan79
09-10-2018, 12:07 PM
i have a hunch we're making far to many assumptions here. the woman has sung scores of top 40 songs. Why was My World always in the Sup medley when it wasn't a #1? She mentions in Evening with Diana Ross that Reflections was a fav, yet it wasn't in all of her live shows.

remember the first three letters of assumption are ASS lol

Uh, we're Supremes fans. All we talk about is assumptions and speculations!:rolleyes: There's a reason for everything and I think it's a valid question to wonder why one of Diana Ross' biggest hits ever [[solo or Supreme) is never in her repertoire, not even when it was a fairly recent number one hit, just as it's a valid question as to why "Where Did Our Love Go", indisputably one of the Supremes' biggest selling songs and obviously the first to usher them into the world's consciousness, was removed from their act in 1965 and possibly never performed again while Diana was a member of the group.

So far I don't think anyone has ventured an "ass" speculation. All seem to be possible reasons why she may not sing "Someday We'll Be Together". My money is on that she may just not like the song, and there could be any number of reasons for that.

RanRan79
09-10-2018, 12:09 PM
Diana doesn't sing "Someday We'll Be Together" because she's always been pissed that Mary and Cindy weren't singing on it.

Now that's an ass speculation Sup!:D

RanRan79
09-10-2018, 12:26 PM
Diana doesn't sing "Someday We'll Be Together" because the truth is that she isn't on the song at all. There's a woman still living in Detroit by the name of Donna Rose who will tell anyone who listens how she used to stand in for Diana sometimes in the studio when she really didn't feel up to it. Johnny Bristol was having so much trouble with Diana the night "Someday" was recorded. There was a big blowup and Diana stormed out...you know how she does. Well Johnny decided he'd show her and he called Donna Rose and asked her to do it. Donna had been standing in for Diana on occasion since "Let Me Go the Right Way". That's why some people think there's a controversy about "Right Way" not being Diana at all, because truth is, it isn't her, it's Donna. Anyway, Donna comes in and sings "Someday" exactly how Johnny wanted her to, plus he was able to get in on it and have his voice heard. [[Which according to sources was really what pissed Diana off in the first place. "Negro, who the f**k are you," Diana hissed. "This is my first solo single. I have guards stationed outside with orders to f**k Mary and Cindy up if they even show their faces around here while I'm recording. So what the hell makes you think I want you singing with me?") Gordy hears the song, he loves it, as he always loved Donna Rose's voice, which is why he brought her in on "Let Me Go the Right Way" all those years ago. Truth is, according to Donna and other sources, he would've made Donna a star, but she was 5'1 and 200 pounds and had a face that curdled milk, so Diana was the better vehicle, even though Donna was just as good a singer. Of course with Donna replacing Diana, Gordy didn't want her first solo single to be someone else singing, so that idea got nixed. At that point it was decided to release it as the last DRATS single. It didn't matter that there wasn't a single Supreme on it. It had the name, a Diana Ross sound, and it would make Motown money. As long as Donna kept her mouth shut, everything would be all good. Donna was set up nice for most of her life by payments from Gordy personally. Only in recent years did he stop paying her and so now she's talking. Gordy realizes that even if Donna talks, at this point no one would believe her. So now Donna won't shut up, but she doesn't care who doesn't believe her. She knows the truth. Now so do you.

Now this was more outright lie than speculation, but I'm bored and stuck in the house today so this is what you get.:cool:

sup_fan
09-10-2018, 03:27 PM
lololol

:p

luke
09-10-2018, 04:03 PM
Actually Johnny Bristol had cut the backing track years before with Florence and Barbara Martin when Diana and Mary had gone down south to see Mary’s relatives.

TomatoTom123
09-10-2018, 08:43 PM
Diana doesn't sing "Someday We'll Be Together" because the truth is that she isn't on the song at all. There's a woman still living in Detroit by the name of Donna Rose who will tell anyone who listens how she used to stand in for Diana sometimes in the studio when she really didn't feel up to it. Johnny Bristol was having so much trouble with Diana the night "Someday" was recorded. There was a big blowup and Diana stormed out...you know how she does. Well Johnny decided he'd show her and he called Donna Rose and asked her to do it. Donna had been standing in for Diana on occasion since "Let Me Go the Right Way". That's why some people think there's a controversy about "Right Way" not being Diana at all, because truth is, it isn't her, it's Donna. Anyway, Donna comes in and sings "Someday" exactly how Johnny wanted her to, plus he was able to get in on it and have his voice heard. [[Which according to sources was really what pissed Diana off in the first place. "Negro, who the f**k are you," Diana hissed. "This is my first solo single. I have guards stationed outside with orders to f**k Mary and Cindy up if they even show their faces around here while I'm recording. So what the hell makes you think I want you singing with me?") Gordy hears the song, he loves it, as he always loved Donna Rose's voice, which is why he brought her in on "Let Me Go the Right Way" all those years ago. Truth is, according to Donna and other sources, he would've made Donna a star, but she was 5'1 and 200 pounds and had a face that curdled milk, so Diana was the better vehicle, even though Donna was just as good a singer. Of course with Donna replacing Diana, Gordy didn't want her first solo single to be someone else singing, so that idea got nixed. At that point it was decided to release it as the last DRATS single. It didn't matter that there wasn't a single Supreme on it. It had the name, a Diana Ross sound, and it would make Motown money. As long as Donna kept her mouth shut, everything would be all good. Donna was set up nice for most of her life by payments from Gordy personally. Only in recent years did he stop paying her and so now she's talking. Gordy realizes that even if Donna talks, at this point no one would believe her. So now Donna won't shut up, but she doesn't care who doesn't believe her. She knows the truth. Now so do you.

Now this was more outright lie than speculation, but I'm bored and stuck in the house today so this is what you get.:cool:

FINALLY, the truth comes out! This is what I've been telling people for years.

I actually know Donna personally and have done for many decades as an unborn foetus. I currently work as Donna's personal legal representative. Donna thanks you for setting her story straight Mr Ran.

However Donna wholly rejects the accusation that she has or ever had a 'face that curdled milk'. Donna's employment in the local Detroit cheese factory was entirely unrelated to her immense facial ugliness. :p

marv2
09-11-2018, 12:38 AM
Ha!
You know that, but the world at large didn't / doesn't.

It'll forever be the last hit song of Diana Ross and her "Supremes"

You are just too clever for some people to handle. LOL! But you are telling the truth!

marv2
09-11-2018, 12:39 AM
Except Diana doesn’t allow bad thoughts and memories - banished

Sure she does. That is why she is suffering from depression. What you're describing is someone who is a sociopath.

milven
09-11-2018, 09:13 AM
Sure she does. That is why she is suffering from depression. What you're describing is someone who is a sociopath.

This is the second post that you referred to Diana suffering from depression. But the only back up that you provided was a video by someone who has made a career of posting deceptive videos to bait unsuspecting people to click

https://soulfuldetroit.com/showthread.php?21867-Please-keep-Diana-Ross-in-your-prayers-She-has-just-revealed-she-suffers-from

Do you have any sources that are more reliable? And just about every member on this board has suffered from some sort of depression at one time or another. [[a death of a family member or friend, the loss of a pet, having "friends" talk behind your back when your back isn't even turned, etc.)

And then there is the more serious clinical deperession where counseling and/or medicine is needed. Is this the depression that you are referring that Diana is suffering from? I never read anything about this. Where did you here this? Or is this another story where you can post the tease of the story, but then say that you can not tell the rest.

Just curious, just nosy , just doubtful.

I wish that I were also omnipotent on this board too. Then I could post all kinds of stuff about artists but not have to back it up if ever challanged.

Nevertheless, my question is valid. If I missed a valid [[not fake) report saying that Diana is suffering from clinical depression, I would be curious to read it. If true, she evidently has been treating it, because she could not have been enjoying such a successful career and family these last fifteen years if she were depressed , bitter and resentful.

Thanks for your anticipated reply

jim aka jtigre99
09-11-2018, 10:56 AM
Honestly, we may never know why Diana doesn't sing Someday or Where Did Our Love Go. I have read she had to be coaxed on both songs because she didn't care for them. Mary didn't care for Where, even though she was considered for the lead she doesn't like how she sounds on it. Diana also sang I believe Touch Me in the Morning a number of times and they used one of her earlier takes so probably the recording process gives different thoughts to the artist than the audience. The Supremes and Diana Ross have many hits so probably passing on one doesn't bother them if they especially do not care to sing it.

khansperac
09-11-2018, 11:31 AM
Diana sings “where did our love go” quite often, almost every show.

RanRan79
09-12-2018, 07:46 PM
However Donna wholly rejects the accusation that she has or ever had a 'face that curdled milk'. Donna's employment in the local Detroit cheese factory was entirely unrelated to her immense facial ugliness. :p

On that Tom, Donna and I are going to have to vehemently disagree.;)

Bluebrock
09-14-2018, 02:20 AM
This is the second post that you referred to Diana suffering from depression. But the only back up that you provided was a video by someone who has made a career of posting deceptive videos to bait unsuspecting people to click

https://soulfuldetroit.com/showthread.php?21867-Please-keep-Diana-Ross-in-your-prayers-She-has-just-revealed-she-suffers-from

Do you have any sources that are more reliable? And just about every member on this board has suffered from some sort of depression at one time or another. [[a death of a family member or friend, the loss of a pet, having "friends" talk behind your back when your back isn't even turned, etc.)

And then there is the more serious clinical deperession where counseling and/or medicine is needed. Is this the depression that you are referring that Diana is suffering from? I never read anything about this. Where did you here this? Or is this another story where you can post the tease of the story, but then say that you can not tell the rest.

Just curious, just nosy , just doubtful.

I wish that I were also omnipotent on this board too. Then I could post all kinds of stuff about artists but not have to back it up if ever challanged.

Nevertheless, my question is valid. If I missed a valid [[not fake) report saying that Diana is suffering from clinical depression, I would be curious to read it. If true, she evidently has been treating it, because she could not have been enjoying such a successful career and family these last fifteen years if she were depressed , bitter and resentful.

Thanks for your anticipated reply
I think you will have a long wait milven. He has no evidence to back up this story. I think it is in very poor taste to accuse someone of suffering from depression. It is a very private thing and has no place on a music forum. Just ignore him. He would love to start yet another fight on this forum. Try not to rise to the bait. He really is not worth the effort.

milven
09-14-2018, 09:00 AM
I think you will have a long wait milven. He has no evidence to back up this story. I think it is in very poor taste to accuse someone of suffering from depression. It is a very private thing and has no place on a music forum. Just ignore him. He would love to start yet another fight on this forum. Try not to rise to the bait. He really is not worth the effort.

Thank you for the excellent advice. Back on subject, I never heard Diana sing SOMEDAY in concert.

I did see her debut solo show, Can Diana Make It On Her Own , but can not remember if she sang it way back then. Does anyone remember or know that set list? Actually, I remember nothing about that show except her many costume changes behind a curtain right on the stage. I'd love to see a list of songs that she sang in her act in the beginning of her solo career

dba
09-14-2018, 10:12 AM
She did sing it in her first show in February 1970 at Monticello in Framingham, MA. I was there.

milven
09-14-2018, 04:08 PM
She did sing it in her first show in February 1970 at Monticello in Framingham, MA. I was there.

Thank you. I saw her about the same time [[late Feb 70 or early March 70) at the Eden Roc in Miami. So I guess I did see her sing it live. But I have seen her so many times since then and she never sings it. No big thing, but it is one of my favorites songs and I would love to see her sing it live in her current act.