PDA

View Full Version : In Loving Memory - Esther Gordy Edwards

test

woodward
08-24-2018, 08:24 AM
On August 24, 2011, Esther Gordy Edwards departed us. Please give some thought to her today --- seven years since her death. She was a wonderful person and was responsible for the Motown Museum starting it's growth into a world class museum.

She was truly a legendary icon. Her absence is felt each and every day.

motony
08-24-2018, 08:53 AM
yes, Mrs. Edwards was a wonderful person and responsible for a lot of the success of the Motown Record Corp. Martha Reeves introduced me to her in 1991. I was truly honored to have met her.

marv2
08-24-2018, 09:23 AM
Mrs. Edwards a nice, smart, generous, strong, calm and very organized woman. There are so many adjectives to describe this great lady. She was also very humorous sometimes without even trying.
I use to work for her just as the museum was getting started back in the 80s and saw her many times when I would be back home. I would do anything she asked me. Love her and will never forget her!

Marv

Lowell
08-24-2018, 10:15 AM
By chance I sat next to Esther at the 2002 Governor's Awards that honored Smokey Robinson. She was a spirited and energetic woman who spoke her mind. Rest in Peace Ester.

woodward
08-24-2018, 12:48 PM
By chance I sat next to Esther at the 2002 Governor's Awards that honored Smokey Robinson. She was a spirited and energetic woman who spoke her mind. Rest in Peace Ester.

Lowell: That is an awesome picture of a great lady. Long live her memory and legacy. Thank you for posting this picture. Absolutely wonderful.

BayouMotownMan
08-24-2018, 12:51 PM
One thing about Ms Edwards, she was devoted to her brother BG. Defended him every chance she got. I'm told she also made a mean pot of chili at the Motown offices

captainjames
08-26-2018, 09:16 PM
I will never forget Mrs. Esther and I will never forget the conversations we had at Hitsville USA. So sweet, so professional, so dedicated, so down to earth and gone but not forgotten.