PDA

View Full Version : Supremes FAREWELL UK

test

marybrewster
08-23-2018, 03:19 PM
We know the Supremes [[MSS) played their last show June 12, 1977 in London.

Does anyone know their last date in the US?

sup_fan
08-23-2018, 04:10 PM
I think the last tv appearance was the Mike Douglas show doing Let Yourself Go and You Are The Heart of Me

I think the last live performance was Madison Square Garden

both were March 77. then they did a pretty extensive European tour during the spring, ending in London for June 12

milven
08-23-2018, 10:39 PM
Their last show in the US was the Oldies Show at MSG ? Wow, what a sad way to go. I had tickets for that but did not go because of a mishap. I should have saved the tickets. But I am glad that I did not make the show. I would not have enjoyed seeing the group boooed.

And if their last tv appearance was Mike Douglas , that was also a little sad. It came off more as the debut of Mary with Sherrie and Susaye in silouette shadows.

A sad ending to a great group and then it seems that just a month or so later, fans heard that Cindy, Mary and Debbie were performing as Supremes. We could make no sense of that because we were waiting for a new member to join Sherrie and Susaye as a Supreme , and Mary to out on her solo career

marv2
08-23-2018, 11:32 PM
Their last show in the US was the Oldies Show at MSG ? Wow, what a sad way to go. I had tickets for that but did not go because of a mishap. I should have saved the tickets. But I am glad that I did not make the show. I would not have enjoyed seeing the group boooed.

And if their last tv appearance was Mike Douglas , that was also a little sad. It came off more as the debut of Mary with Sherrie and Susaye in silouette shadows.

A sad ending to a great group and then it seems that just a month or so later, fans heard that Cindy, Mary and Debbie were performing as Supremes. We could make no sense of that because we were waiting for a new member to join Sherrie and Susaye as a Supreme , and Mary to out on her solo career

Although I don't think that was their last show in the U.S., we told them not to do it. Oh well.....LOL!

marv2
08-23-2018, 11:34 PM

The South American tour was explained completely. Regarding Mary's replacement, there were fan polls done, there were quite a number of singers mentioned in the media beginning around April and on into the summer of 1977. Gail Bullock, Karen Knox, Alton McClain are just a few of the names that were mentioned.