PDA

View Full Version : MORE SUPREME RARITIES. Motown Lost & Found unreleased/Germany

test

aarondillon2011@gmail.com
08-18-2018, 01:30 PM
Looks like the German guy is at it again. A few things definitely look interesting. I see Son Of A Preacher Man is included and is a Mary lead. The song exists after all, but probably does not have any background vocals.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Diana-Ross-The-Supremes-MORE-SUPREME-RARITIES-Motown-Lost-Found-unreleased/273405142545?_trkparms=aid%3D444000%26algo%3DSOI.D EFAULT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D52885%26meid%3Df89467a0be1 c49ff8dbe0d868cc5218a%26pid%3D100752%26rk%3D4%26rk t%3D6%26sd%3D273405137489%26itm%3D273405142545&_trksid=p2047675.c100752.m1982

Fourtopsbiggestfan
08-19-2018, 01:37 AM
How does he do it? Looking so legitimate. Gets my hopes up.🐒🐒🐒

Weslley Francisco
08-19-2018, 04:06 AM
I have "Son Of A Preacher Man", it sounds more like a demo, it doesn't have any background vocals and Mary sounds a little off-key

sansradio
08-19-2018, 02:04 PM
How does he do it? Looking so legitimate. Gets my hopes up.

Right??!? Check out these Diana solo collections from the same seller:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Diana-Ross-UNLEASHED-A-COLLECTION-OF-UNRELEASED-RECORDINGS-NEW-Rarities-CD/273405141805?_trkparms=aid%3D444000%26algo%3DSOI.D EFAULT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D52935%26meid%3Dc51fbc00cc9 4411c8c296d083e93fce2%26pid%3D100752%26rk%3D5%26rk t%3D6%26mehot%3Dlo%26sd%3D273405142545%26itm%3D273 405141805&_trksid=p2047675.c100752.m1982

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Diana-Ross-FREE-The-B-Sides-and-Rarities-Collection-2-CDs-with-rare-songs/273405136247?_trkparms=aid%3D444000%26algo%3DSOI.D EFAULT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D52935%26meid%3D21d6cea8474 444b6b693a204cfc159d8%26pid%3D100752%26rk%3D6%26rk t%3D6%26sd%3D273405142545%26itm%3D273405136247&_trksid=p2047675.c100752.m1982

helga
08-19-2018, 06:08 PM
I hope I won't upset anyone by saying this, but I wonder if someone on the inside circle has been providing this individual with tracks from the vault that they know will never be worthy of release by Universal? It seems odd to me that some of these tracks that were never known by most fans are now suddenly appearing after 40-50 years, such as Diana's Lady Sings the Blues rehearsals. Some of this stuff is in great quality too. They don't sound like multi-generation cassette copies that were passed down from fan to fan. A lot of the unreleased stuff sounds like something copied straight from the original master reels. Some of the rare photos he's using for the artwork are very rare or unseen alternate shots, in extremely clear quality. Makes me wonder where all of this is coming from...

thanxal
08-19-2018, 08:50 PM
I hope I won't upset anyone by saying this, but I wonder if someone on the inside circle has been providing this individual with tracks from the vault that they know will never be worthy of release by Universal? It seems odd to me that some of these tracks that were never known by most fans are now suddenly appearing after 40-50 years, such as Diana's Lady Sings the Blues rehearsals. Some of this stuff is in great quality too. They don't sound like multi-generation cassette copies that were passed down from fan to fan. A lot of the unreleased stuff sounds like something copied straight from the original master reels. Some of the rare photos he's using for the artwork are very rare or unseen alternate shots, in extremely clear quality. Makes me wonder where all of this is coming from...

Helga, that is a very good question indeed. If I recall correctly both George and Andy have come out against these bootlegs on this forum. I doubt anyone would risk their jobs for this but it is curious where he’s getting these tracks. Maybe a disgruntled former employee?

I am also very surprised that Universal hasn’t sent eBay take down notices. He is using the Motown icon and exact typography from Universal - down to the same font in the “A Universal Music Company” tagline under the Motown logo. I can’t believe this isn’t blatant copyright infringement.

rovereab
08-20-2018, 03:51 AM
I noticed "Upside Down [[Extended Version)" in the first linked album. Is this an unedited version of the song or is it a version where a section of the released song has been "reused" to increase the track time?

Fourtopsbiggestfan
08-20-2018, 04:20 AM
Right??!? Check out these Diana solo collections from the same seller:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Diana-Ross-UNLEASHED-A-COLLECTION-OF-UNRELEASED-RECORDINGS-NEW-Rarities-CD/273405141805?_trkparms=aid%3D444000%26algo%3DSOI.D EFAULT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D52935%26meid%3Dc51fbc00cc9 4411c8c296d083e93fce2%26pid%3D100752%26rk%3D5%26rk t%3D6%26mehot%3Dlo%26sd%3D273405142545%26itm%3D273 405141805&_trksid=p2047675.c100752.m1982

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Diana-Ross-FREE-The-B-Sides-and-Rarities-Collection-2-CDs-with-rare-songs/273405136247?_trkparms=aid%3D444000%26algo%3DSOI.D EFAULT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D52935%26meid%3D21d6cea8474 444b6b693a204cfc159d8%26pid%3D100752%26rk%3D6%26rk t%3D6%26sd%3D273405142545%26itm%3D273405136247&_trksid=p2047675.c100752.m1982
Wow. More amazing cover art. Thanks for showing me that.

dba
08-20-2018, 09:28 AM
Please do not support these releases. The artists and musicians make no money and my guess is most of these will show up on expanded editions if they are worth listening to in the first place. Just my two cents.

thanxal
08-20-2018, 10:01 AM
Please do not support these releases. The artists and musicians make no money and my guess is most of these will show up on expanded editions if they are worth listening to in the first place. Just my two cents.
I agree with you. We share an unpopular opinion, though.

copley
08-20-2018, 10:15 AM
I agree with you. We share an unpopular opinion, though.

I agree. Bootleggers are just thieves!

sansradio
08-20-2018, 12:26 PM
Wow. More amazing cover art. Thanks for showing me that.

You betcha.

I agree that we should shy away from these; they'll only impede the release of more official vault material.

Quinn
08-20-2018, 11:35 PM
I have to give whomever is manufacturing these sets credit. These sets are immaculately put together. However, I zoomed in on the tracklist just to see what might excite me a little or keep me curious. Long story short: If Universal was to release anything remotely close to this I would be very disappointed. There's no way George,Andy,& Harry would work on this and be happy with it or think fans would be for that matter. Excuse my strong opinion, but I don't believe Universal would do a cash grab like this.

*I also noticed that they've included the first version of "I'll Set You Free" which supposedly only existed on an acetate???

thanxal
08-21-2018, 11:30 AM
I have to give whomever is manufacturing these sets credit. These sets are immaculately put together. However, I zoomed in on the tracklist just to see what might excite me a little or keep me curious. Long story short: If Universal was to release anything remotely close to this I would be very disappointed. There's no way George,Andy,& Harry would work on this and be happy with it or think fans would be for that matter. Excuse my strong opinion, but I don't believe Universal would do a cash grab like this.

*I also noticed that they've included the first version of "I'll Set You Free" which supposedly only existed on an acetate???
Someone has access to industrial-grade equipment. Those booklets and CDs were not printed/pressed on home equipment. There is nothing consumer-grade that can do what is being offered. I can see no obvious print lines, paper edges [[when someone prints and pastes an album cover on a cardboard cover), smeared ink, etc. The CD appears to have a heat-embossed label, also not produced by a consumer-grade piece of equipment. Very mysteriouso.

thommg
08-21-2018, 11:34 AM
There's no way George,Andy,& Harry would work on this and be happy with it or think fans would be for that matter. Excuse my strong opinion, but I don't believe Universal would do a cash grab like this.

It seems like this set and the one he advertises for Diana Ross contain many of their TV performances, so I agree that Motown would not have an interest in releasing any of that stuff. The only time they would is if the Motown songs had been pre-recorded for broadcast [[and we've gotten a couple of Supremes & Jackson 5 medleys already officially released). From what I've read, he searches down better quality bootlegs and tries to clean them up a bit. I am just surprised at the lengths he travels to do the covers & booklets. They look unbelievably good! For me, even if I wanted them, the cost of getting a package from Germany would be prohibitive.

WaitingWatchingLookingForAChance
08-21-2018, 12:36 PM
Someone has access to industrial-grade equipment. Those booklets and CDs were not printed/pressed on home equipment. There is nothing consumer-grade that can do what is being offered. I can see no obvious print lines, paper edges [[when someone prints and pastes an album cover on a cardboard cover), smeared ink, etc. The CD appears to have a heat-embossed label, also not produced by a consumer-grade piece of equipment. Very mysteriouso.

I'd lay odds the covers and CDs are not done on home equipment. It's surprisingly easy to get these covers made up. I was really curious too and went online and found there are a number of companies that manufacture these covers. They look very professional and you can get them as a gate-fold, mini-sleeve, whatever. Options for finishes and such are offered. I think the main demographic is indy bands who want to sell their own music to the public directly. I don't think they are all that expensive, relatively speaking, but I believe you'd have to place your order in some kind of multiple [[so you can't ask to just have one printed- or maybe you can...)

I'm guessing you'd download whatever artwork you want featured on the cover and inlays. Probably there is a page to format the type for any booklet you want as well. They also have a service to print artwork onto your CDs. You can do the same thing now with stickers. There are companies that will print your artwork onto stickers and they won't look cheap at all. I had a few made and was really impressed by how inexpensive that was.

I didn't really check prices at the time, but I thought it would be really great to have your own covers made up for your homemade cds, IF they allow one-off orders of one at a time.

WaitingWatchingLookingForAChance
08-21-2018, 12:46 PM

The sets are very eye-grabbing, that's for sure. I wouldn't believe that Universal would release sets like these either, as they are geared toward the extreme completist collector who loves it all- television performances, rehearsal/demos, anything and everything. His work is definitely much more visually appealing than those Marginal packages.

thanxal
08-21-2018, 02:01 PM
I'd lay odds the covers and CDs are not done on home equipment. It's surprisingly easy to get these covers made up. I was really curious too and went online and found there are a number of companies that manufacture these covers. They look very professional and you can get them as a gate-fold, mini-sleeve, whatever. Options for finishes and such are offered. I think the main demographic is indy bands who want to sell their own music to the public directly. I don't think they are all that expensive, relatively speaking, but I believe you'd have to place your order in some kind of multiple [[so you can't ask to just have one printed- or maybe you can...)

I'm guessing you'd download whatever artwork you want featured on the cover and inlays. Probably there is a page to format the type for any booklet you want as well. They also have a service to print artwork onto your CDs. You can do the same thing now with stickers. There are companies that will print your artwork onto stickers and they won't look cheap at all. I had a few made and was really impressed by how inexpensive that was.

I didn't really check prices at the time, but I thought it would be really great to have your own covers made up for your homemade cds, IF they allow one-off orders of one at a time.
Normally, though, those places check for copyright. They can be sued for producing copyrighted material [[bootlegs). Maybe he/she's using a less-than-honorable outfit. But its costly. I can't imagine the margins are very good on these. AND! most importantly the artists don't even get paid AND the margins are still probably paper thin.

Boogiedown
08-21-2018, 02:25 PM
'Tis better to light one candle
Than to curse the darkness.

antceleb12
08-23-2018, 06:43 PM
I know we shouldn't support bootleggers, but I really am dying to hear Mary on "Son of a Preacher Man." I was THIS close to buying it. Need, need, NEAD to hear.

Weslley Francisco
08-24-2018, 02:42 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nzGxtEL7NU

For you listening pleasure :D

aarondillon2011@gmail.com
08-24-2018, 03:01 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nzGxtEL7NU

For you listening pleasure :D

Excellent quality. Too bad they didnt recut it and finish it.

bradsupremes
08-24-2018, 11:42 PM
Weslley, I would strongly advise taking this down. Universal will not be happy with you and you don't want to be on the receiving end of possible legal action. They are serious about this stuff.

helga
08-24-2018, 11:51 PM
Weslley, I would strongly advise taking this down. Universal will not be happy with you and you don't want to be on the receiving end of possible legal action. They are serious about this stuff.

Weslley did not upload this audio to YouTube. He is sharing the link. People share links to copyrighted material on this forum on a daily basis. Some even post fan art, which contains copyrighted content. Heck, might as well shut the entire forum down if we are going to go after everything.

bradsupremes
08-25-2018, 12:12 AM
Weslley did not upload this audio to YouTube. He is sharing the link. People share links to copyrighted material on this forum on a daily basis. Some even post fan art, which contains copyrighted content. Heck, might as well shut the entire forum down if we are going to go after everything.

I believe he has stated on this forum that he runs the YouTube page thus he uploaded it. I'm just warning him. This is unreleased material that could have possibly been used for an expanded edition. I know fans want everything and I don't blame them. I want everything too, but releasing stuff like this jeopardizes future Expanded Editions. If Universal sees this stuff out there, they will be less inclined to release future EE's if the bonus material is already out there. Buying and releasing this unreleased material is not helping Andy, George or future releases. Plus none of the ladies are getting paid. Consider them the next time.

By the way, do we know who is doing these bootleg releases? I've been told it's a German fellow.

helga
08-25-2018, 12:25 AM
I believe he has stated on this forum that he runs the YouTube page thus he uploaded it. I'm just warning him. This is unreleased material that could have possibly been used for an expanded edition. I know fans want everything and I don't blame them. I want everything too, but releasing stuff like this jeopardizes future Expanded Editions. If Universal sees this stuff out there, they will be less inclined to release future EE's if the bonus material is already out there. Buying and releasing this unreleased material is not helping Andy, George or future releases. Plus none of the ladies are getting paid. Consider them the next time.

By the way, do we know who is doing these bootleg releases? I've been told it's a German fellow.

Oh okay. I didn't realize he runs this YouTube page. I was under the impression it was someone else. My sincere apologies.

I hope they won't include this particular track on any future releases. Hearing it once was sufficient, in order to satisfy my curiosity. It was not nearly as good as I thought it would be. A very rough and pitchy demo. I remember a blurb in the Lost and Found booklet that said there were few unreleased tracks remaining, most of which were not 'supreme enough' to be heard. Unfortunately, this track falls into that category for me.

As for the creator of the bootlegs, good luck finding him. I've heard he goes by different names at times and does a good job of hiding his trail. I find it interesting he has access to such high quality images and recordings of unreleased materials. I certainly raise an eyebrow to it all.