PDA

View Full Version : Mary Wilson, Cindy Birdsong, Debbie Sharpe live on Chilean TV 1978

test

BayouMotownMan
08-18-2018, 10:42 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKpvDNArVF0

Wow the things that are popping up on YouTube. Thanks Ramardo

Live version of Let Yourself Go. Mary actually sounds good on this. She is pregnant here. Cindy was nearly 40 and had gained a lot of weight so this gown and the black robes from the last Merv Griffin show was about the only things they could wear. Cindy's movements are a little stiff but still great to see her in action.

blackguy69
08-18-2018, 11:09 AM
http://www.facebook.com/dialog/share?app_id=87741124305&href=https%3A//www.youtube.com/attribution_link%3Fa%3DUZRRZkjvj4Q%26u%3D%252Fwatc h%253Fv%253DDKpvDNArVF0%2526feature%253Dshare&disp lay=popup&redirect_uri=https://www.youtube.com/facebook_redirect
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKpvDNArVF0

Wow the things that are popping up on YouTube. Thanks Ramardo

Live version of Let Yourself Go. Mary actually sounds good on this. She is pregnant here. Cindy was nearly 40 and had gained a lot of weight so this gown and the black robes from the last Merv Griffin show was about the only things they could wear. Cindy's movements are a little stiff but still great to see her in action.
now this is rare.

blackguy69
08-18-2018, 11:12 AM
https://youtu.be/DKpvDNArVF0

milven
08-18-2018, 11:49 AM
First time I saw this. How nice that Cindy came back to rescue Mary. Didn't Cindy and Pedro not get along with each other? I remember when Cindy left for the second time, there were rumors among fans that she was fired because she was too fat. She had gained a lot of weight, but Cindy is the one Supreme that no one seems to have anything negative to say about her. And Cindy also never gave negative interviews about the group. And she came to the rescue in Hawaii, at The Copa, and here with this group that Mary was performing with even though the group had officially broken up. Cindy is a classy lady.

I think our own Soulful Detroit member Wesley posted the video on YouTube. Thank you. It was a treat to watch a piece of Supremes history

thommg
08-18-2018, 12:11 PM
Wow. Never thought I'd see video of this! Interesting that the song has a slower more R&B feeling to it than the dance beat of the recording. And, without a doubt, Cindy is one of the classiest ladies in show business. There was talk of her writing a book, and I would love to hear the Bluebell and Supremes histories from her perspective.

BayouMotownMan
08-18-2018, 12:26 PM
I have to correct myself here, I think Mary may have already given birth to Pedro Jr before this was recorded.

It was a sad time for the group. Motown had blacklisted Mary and the group and in many cases they'd show up for a performance to be told Motown threatened to sue the venue so the gig was cancelled. They were pretty much reduced to performing in distant, often third world countries until Mary and Motown settled. Looking at this group is a bit sad, the song is only so-so, the stage wear was from an earlier time and no longer vogue, the harmonies pretty generic and the choreography definitely old hat for 1978. For Mary and Cindy this had to be difficult. Only 7 years prior they were sold out in Central Park.

blackguy69
08-18-2018, 01:29 PM
I have to correct myself here, I think Mary may have already given birth to Pedro Jr before this was recorded.

It was a sad time for the group. Motown had blacklisted Mary and the group and in many cases they'd show up for a performance to be told Motown threatened to sue the venue so the gig was cancelled. They were pretty much reduced to performing in distant, often third world countries until Mary and Motown settled. Looking at this group is a bit sad, the song is only so-so, the stage wear was from an earlier time and no longer vogue, the harmonies pretty generic and the choreography definitely old hat for 1978. For Mary and Cindy this had to be difficult. Only 7 years prior they were sold out in Central Park. you can clearly see the baby bump. I’m assuming she’s 7 months along

marv2
08-18-2018, 04:12 PM
This is great. They look great even though Mary was very, very pregnant with Pedrito, whose daughter btw contacted me a little over a week ago! My how time flies. Debbie Sharpe got it together very quickly as did Cindy for that tour. Mr. Ferrer was there with them every step of the way. A little over 6 months later, Mary would be appearing on British TV but this tme with Kaaren Ragland and Karen Jackson performing "Let Yourself Go" and still sounding great.

Roberta75
08-18-2018, 06:02 PM
This is great. They look great even though Mary was very, very pregnant with Pedrito, whose daughter btw contacted me a little over a week ago! My how time flies. Debbie Sharpe got it together very quickly as did Cindy for that tour. Mr. Ferrer was there with them every step of the way. A little over 6 months later, Mary would be appearing on British TV but this tme with Kaaren Ragland and Karen Jackson performing "Let Yourself Go" and still sounding great.

Yeah......I believe a month after Mary had her son your "Mr Ferrer" started beating his wife Mary again. The man was low life scum. A pure pig who threatened to kill his wife on nummerous occassions.

BayouMotownMan
08-18-2018, 08:03 PM
Pedrito, whose daughter btw contacted me a little over a week ago!

Right and I just flew in from brunch with the Royal Family

Roberta75
08-18-2018, 08:52 PM
Pedrito, whose daughter btw contacted me a little over a week ago!

Right and I just flew in from brunch with the Royal Family

LOL fantasy and hearing voices can be a real amazing thing my friend.

BayouMotownMan
08-18-2018, 09:05 PM
He busted himself out by calling him Pedrito. He goes by Pedro

franjoy56
08-18-2018, 11:52 PM
The original by mss is the better performance nothing against this grouping.

Roberta75
08-19-2018, 03:17 AM
He busted himself out by calling him Pedrito. He goes by Pedro

Exactly. a sad individual who thinks he knows Mary Wilson and her family when Marys background singer Parnell rolled his eyes at the mention of "his" name. LOL

BayouMotownMan
08-19-2018, 10:33 AM
Exactly. a sad individual who thinks he knows Mary Wilson and her family when Marys background singer Parnell rolled his eyes at the mention of "his" name. LOL

I hadn't heard about that Roberta, do tell.

Roberta75
08-19-2018, 02:00 PM
I hadn't heard about that Roberta, do tell.

Im going to PM you dear.

TheMotownManiac
08-19-2018, 06:12 PM
Yeah......I believe a month after Mary had her son your "Mr Ferrer" started beating his wife Mary again. The man was low life scum. A pure pig who threatened to kill his wife on nummerous occassions.

Even if he had legit reasons to suspect her of ......things....you don’t beat people - especially weaker persons or women.....it’s barbaric and so low mental - this isn’t cave times. People with IQ’s above double digits settle disputes with reason and logic, not beatings. What did he achieve with his beatings? A broken home, divorce, kids with issues and Mary being frozen out of the Supremes when she wanted so badly to return. If anyone deserves a beating, it’s him! And all former Supremes who knew him agree 10000%

jobeterob
08-20-2018, 01:31 AM
I can’t see how they ever expected this song could be a hit no matter who sang it; it’s just not much of a song

franjoy56
08-20-2018, 02:40 AM
I have t agree with u on this.

BigAl
08-20-2018, 08:26 AM
Trading on the name, as we know, is a time-honored practice in the music biz.
Sadly, however, it usually does a great disservice to the memory of the act being revived.
This clip certainly bears that out.

Thornton
08-20-2018, 10:20 AM
I enjoyed the slightly slowed down version of "Let Yourself Go." There's another recording of Mary singing LYG with Kaaren Ragland and Karen Jackson, and it's actually a good song for her range. Cindy is a class act as always, helping Mary fulfill contract obligations. Susaye's ad libs were missed though. Thanks for sharing!

marybrewster
08-20-2018, 01:18 PM
These costumes; are they the silver pantsuits from Andy Williams, or the "Raggedy Ann's" from Tom Jones?

lakeside
08-20-2018, 01:51 PM
Does anyone know what Debby Sharpe is up to these days?

Did find this.
http://thesupremes.wikia.com/wiki/Mary_Wilson_of_The_Supremes

mwmr
08-20-2018, 02:42 PM
There’s a bootleg dvd of this entire show available

always loved let let yourself go

luke
08-20-2018, 04:51 PM
To put together a quick tour under difficult circumstances I thought they were great. Cindy looks beautiful.

marv2
08-20-2018, 05:19 PM
To put together a quick tour under difficult circumstances I thought they were great. Cindy looks beautiful.

They did a great job for only having less than two weeks to find Debbie and prepare.

rod_rick
08-20-2018, 06:30 PM
Does anyone know what Debby Sharpe is up to these days?

Did find this.
http://thesupremes.wikia.com/wiki/Mary_Wilson_of_The_Supremes

Debbie is still singing, acting, direction choirs and vocal coaching. She's on Facebook under Deborah Sharpe-Taylor. She's a great person. I posted the link on her FB page. She told me the story how she became a Supreme for that tour.
Here's a tidbit about her. She's put together and directed the kids choir for Michael Jackson Home going Celebration.

lakeside
08-20-2018, 08:49 PM
Debbie is still singing, acting, direction choirs and vocal coaching. She's on Facebook under Deborah Sharpe-Taylor. She's a great person. I posted the link on her FB page. She told me the story how she became a Supreme for that tour.
Here's a tidbit about her. She's put together and directed the kids choir for Michael Jackson Home going Celebration.

Thank you, rod rick. Very interesting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk9aQHHuopg

marv2
08-20-2018, 09:02 PM
Thank you, rod rick. Very interesting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk9aQHHuopg

Oh she is great!

marv2
08-20-2018, 09:05 PM
Debbie was a part of the Oral Roberts singers at one point way back.

johnjeb
08-20-2018, 09:18 PM
Debbie Sharpe-Taylor's appearance with Mary and Cindy was discussed briefly [[Posts #12-21) in this Forum back in 2011.

https://soulfuldetroit.com/showthread.php?3754-Mary-Wilson-IS-Lena-Horne!!&highlight=debbie+sharpe

BayouMotownMan
08-20-2018, 09:18 PM
I'd rank this performance as ok. Mary sounds good on the song. Cindy appears awkward with the choreography. If you compare this to the live version Mary, Scherrie and Susaye did just a year earlier on Merv you can see that the energy level is certainly down. Yes, these are the gowns from Tom Jones [[Stoned Love) and it also dates them here.

blackguy69
08-20-2018, 11:38 PM
I'd rank this performance as ok. Mary sounds good on the song. Cindy appears awkward with the choreography. If you compare this to the live version Mary, Scherrie and Susaye did just a year earlier on Merv you can see that the energy level is certainly down. Yes, these are the gowns from Tom Jones [[Stoned Love) and it also dates them here.its kinda hard doing all of the dance moves while carrying a baby inside you lol.

sup_fan
08-21-2018, 01:14 PM
Let Yourself Go is one of my all time fav supremes songs. it's an amazing party and dance tune. but i've always been disappointed with the live versions. on the record, Scherrie is a strong lead and owns the song. Susaye and Mary contribute stunning background harmonies through the verses and then all 3 get a chance to party and ad lib on the long outtro.

but live was always a bit of a hot mess. Susaye and mary add far too many ad libs throughout and it seems Scherrie never performed with a mic at the appropriate level. she's forever drowned out.

in the High Energy videos the girls did, although a bit sloppy at times, the choreography was much stronger than in the tv appearances they did for Walking, Wheel or Let. if done perfectly, it's really complex and visually exciting choreography. but you must be perfectly in sync for it to have the right effect. otherwise it's a mess. Also on the video and tv shows, they didn't always plan the camera angles right and so you sometimes missed the high points of the choreography

in this vid, the excitement of a "party" is missing

TheMotownManiac
08-21-2018, 03:05 PM
Those 7 year old HIDEOUS PANT SUITS? Really??? What a mess. I’m glad ThevSupremes weren’t reduced even further into Yeeech-vile that this - Mary should never have presented the group like this on TV.

Boogiedown
08-21-2018, 03:19 PM
Let Yourself Go is one of my all time fav supremes songs. it's an amazing party and dance tune. but i've always been disappointed with the live versions. on the record, Scherrie is a strong lead and owns the song. Susaye and Mary contribute stunning background harmonies through the verses and then all 3 get a chance to party and ad lib on the long outtro.

but live was always a bit of a hot mess. Susaye and mary add far too many ad libs throughout and it seems Scherrie never performed with a mic at the appropriate level. she's forever drowned out.

in the High Energy videos the girls did, although a bit sloppy at times, the choreography was much stronger than in the tv appearances they did for Walking, Wheel or Let. if done perfectly, it's really complex and visually exciting choreography. but you must be perfectly in sync for it to have the right effect. otherwise it's a mess. Also on the video and tv shows, they didn't always plan the camera angles right and so you sometimes missed the high points of the choreography

in this vid, the excitement of a "party" is missing
Agree !

Also the message of LYG resonated in the rapidly emerging gay clubs at that time.

sup_fan
08-21-2018, 04:52 PM
although i very much enjoy seeing this clip, it seems the same problems here as the MSS and MSC performances. they just seem lacking in polish, precision. just sort of sloppy

Disco was full of nameless/faceless acts and one-hit wonders. The Supremes had a marvelous reputation and with disco, glamour came back [[versus the dirty hippies and slumpy early 70s looks lol). Had the group been properly managed and with an ounce of vision, they should have been unstoppable. at least within the dance/disco space.

But look at this disco ranking from 77. the Supremes are only listed 4th - that's sad given their potential and overall reputation. they should have had the ability to be #1

rod_rick
08-21-2018, 09:10 PM
I think this is a pretty good performance considering the time the ladies had to prepare, Mary was the only person to sing live and on the original recording [[background) choreography being new to both Cindy and Debbie and the stress all the ladies had to be under to pull off the performance. And as far as the pants suits, you have a pregnant Mary, and a heavy Cindy. The outfits were fine, this was 1977 not 2017. All these things accomplish the goal of fulfilling their contractual obligations. God job Mary Cindy and Debbie.

detmotownguy
08-22-2018, 12:45 AM
I think this is a pretty good performance considering the time the ladies had to prepare, Mary was the only person to sing live and on the original recording [[background) choreography being new to both Cindy and Debbie and the stress all the ladies had to be under to pull off the performance. And as far as the pants suits, you have a pregnant Mary, and a heavy Cindy. The outfits were fine, this was 1977 not 2017. All these things accomplish the goal of fulfilling their contractual obligations. God job Mary Cindy and Debbie.
I agree on all accounts!

milven
08-22-2018, 09:37 AM
....But look at this disco ranking from 77. the Supremes are only listed 4th - that's sad given their potential and overall reputation. they should have had the ability to be #1

Interesting that you say "only listed 4th". I looked at the position and said, "wow, that is impressive that in this final year of their career, they were still able to make it to top five." A group that had been active for almost two decades, gone through many member changes, lost its main star, was under bad management, and may not have had the full support of their label; were still able to succesfully compete with the more contemporay groups.

The events that led to this grouping was always confusing to me. Why leave the group if the corporation that your husband mangager set up still had commitments? Were the two remaining Motown Supremes obligated to these commitments? How can Mary Wilson go out and perform as a Supreme after doing a farewell with them and announcing a solo career?
Why didn't their farewell happen in their own country. What happened to her solo career? She is still performing as a Supreme.

I was around when all this was happening. Supremes fans and Mary Wilson fans [[some of us were both) were totally confused at the events of the time with Mary and this group and her former group. Some of us still are confused.

sup_fan
08-22-2018, 10:27 AM
^ my point about their ranking is that the dance charts are typically considered "lower" than the pop or r&b charts, in terms of prestige and importance. So therefore only ranking 4th on a list from here isn't a huge accolade. also given their wonderful songs and long reputation, the fact they were eclipsed by new comers is also telling. no reason that with proper management and a focused direction and strategy they couldn't have been 1

still of course i was happy to see their name :)

marybrewster
08-23-2018, 03:42 PM
I dug out a Supremes fan club newsletter from the fall of 1977. There is an article called "Here are the Facts." Take from it what you will:

During a month many fans hoped they would see a bright new start for the Supremes, the group unfortunately has experienced one of the most confusing and disheartening periods. From the many fans who have inquired here are the facts as we know them: Mary Sherrie and Susaye successfully completed their tour of Europe and Great Britain in June with a touching and well-received farewell performance for Mary in London; the Press covered her leaving The Supremes to start a solo career widely with emphasis on the terms of her new contract with Motown and the fact Marvin Gaye would produce her first album. The ladies returned to Los Angeles for a period of rest before Mary was to start on her career and The Supremes with a new member to be selected by Motown start theirs. After their return however Pedro informed Sherrie and Susaye that yet another engagement had been contracted for a tour of Central and South America; because they had made personal commitments for the period of the tour and because Mary had given her widely publicized farewell performance, Sherrie and Susaye declined to make the tour. Pedro and Mary then invited ex Supreme Cindy Birdsong and one of the people who supposedly had audition for Mary's place in the group Debbie Sharpe to accompany them on the tour as The Supremes. Meanwhile back in Los Angeles, Trade Publications were reporting that Motown had a prime candidate for Mary's replacement who, with Sherrie and Susaye, would form the new Supremes. There was also talk that Motown had made a commitment to manage and direct the group and reestablish their prominence in the fields of both recordings and personal appearances. As of this date the above is still true. One has to question the fact that Pedro states that Mary has actually signed a new solo deal with Motown where in Mary's interviews she says she doesn't know whether or not she will stay with Motown. So the rumors still persist and the fans are quite anxious to see the group back together again soon but all we can say it's really hard to say which three girls are going to be included in the Supremes. There have been times when we've been Supremes-less and today we actually have a possible six Supremes. Good luck to all of you.

sup_fan
08-23-2018, 04:04 PM
i agree with Bayou's comment of it being a mess. I wonder when the S American dates were contractually set and committed to. if it was prior to the June farewell performance of MSS, then it would be logical that the Supremes post-Mary should have handled this. but i get the feeling that Mary and/or Pedro scheduled these dates after the June farewell and therefore were out of line. that they scheduled it just because they needed money.

it's been pretty well documented that S and S wanted to continue with the group but completely redesign things. but that Diana eventually reached out to Berry to end the group. now was that because she felt the reputation of the group would be diminished without an original member present or did mary reach out to diana to help have things end?

captainjames
10-08-2018, 12:14 AM
Thats was due to Mary reaching out to Diana to end the Supremes. Hence Scherrie and Susaye were suppose to create a Super group but decided as a duo because I believe Joyce was still ion contract.

At any rate that performance with Cindy and Debbie is a hot mess. That song only sounds well with Scherrie doing lead as solo. Cindy was a godsend to come back and do the show.

milven
10-08-2018, 01:16 AM
What a messed up time for the group and a sad way to end the group. Mary leaves the group, the group is to go on after Mary leaves with a new member, Mary instead goes out performing with the Supreme name because of "contaractual oblligations" and continues to perform for decades billed in some manner as the Supremes, asks Diana to convince Berry to end the group, Motown takes sessions recorded by Sherrie Susaye and Joyce and releases it as a duet album instead of as the latest version of The Supremes, and eventually all the ex-Supremes are out there performing as some version of the Supremes

blackguy69
10-08-2018, 02:29 AM
I can see where this is going so I’ll ask this, what choice did Mary have. Either do the shows or get sued. When it comes down to it she had no choice.

TheMotownManiac
10-08-2018, 03:32 AM
I have always believed that Pedro signed the contracts without Motown’s knowledge and Mary’s story is total bull because:

1) IF Motown had arranged those dates, they’d be the ones legally responsible as the agents of The Supremes if they were a no-show. Back then, Motown artists didn’t sign contracts with promoters if they were managed by ITM, hence the deal is actually between ITM and the promoter to guarantee the act in the contract would appear as described.

2) There is no logical reason the agents of some top touring acts like Stevie, Marvin and Diana’s record breaking 2 year world tour of “Evening With” would sully their reputation by reneging on a B or C touring act contract or allow The Supremes to go out with two ex - Supremes and a total stranger with Mary doing the leads. No way in hell. They simply would have cancelled or rescheduled with the new lineup when available. It’s all so absurd to even consider this.

3) I find it highly suspect that these bogus dates are as far away on the ass end of another continent - looks to me like WBP* didn’t think Motown would find out - and when they did, they were pissed. WHY would Motown be angry a contract they negotiated was fulfilled?

PS: Everybody remember Mary at The Carlyle next month - I PROMISE you that she is in top flight form in these intimate venues and you will be so glad you did.

*Wife Beater Pedro

sup_fan
10-08-2018, 10:33 AM
I agree Maniac. this whole situation was the epitome of the poor business management leading the group at the time. I don't know if Mary herself was responsible for making some/all of the decisions or if she simply sat there quietly and let Pedro do everything. and i don't know if they're just idiots and completely incompetent or just doing too much coke at the time

marv2
10-08-2018, 11:59 AM
I agree Maniac. this whole situation was the epitome of the poor business management leading the group at the time. I don't know if Mary herself was responsible for making some/all of the decisions or if she simply sat there quietly and let Pedro do everything. and i don't know if they're just idiots and completely incompetent or just doing too much coke at the time

There also other management and advisors working with the Supremes at that time here in the U.S. and in Europe.

captainjames
10-08-2018, 12:35 PM

Truly agree and how just plain .....dumb

TheMotownManiac
10-08-2018, 02:41 PM
I don’t think Mary came up with the idea, but she went along with it. What disappoints me is not that they did it, but she makes up this elaborate lie in her book about it - there was no reason to mention it at all except to throw shade at Scherrie and Susaye and make herself more of a victim of Motown - all of it BS. It bugs me because I want to think the content is factual and really, so much of it is............hmmmmmm........how do I say this kindly...........not exactly the truth? ��

TheMotownManiac
10-08-2018, 02:45 PM
There also other management and advisors working with the Supremes at that time here in the U.S. and in Europe.

they had other managers and advisors but only one Agent: ITM - this is one of the ways, illegal now, btw, Motown triple dipped on artists’ performing fees. Had things been done correctly, Mary would be retired in The Bahamas now with Dom Perignon on tap.

blackguy69
10-08-2018, 03:21 PM
Everyone here can speculate what happened but truthfully no one here knows what really happened in this situation. It’s easy to look at it 40 years later and give an opinion on what could’ve happen but never realized what was being said to those involved. Plus do you really think Mary wanted to go out knowing she was 7+ months pregnant.

midnightman
10-08-2018, 09:47 PM
https://youtu.be/DKpvDNArVF0

One thing you can credit Cindy for is no matter what went on, she always had Mary's back... even at this point when the group was axed by Motown. Debbie kinda looks like Jean.

midnightman
10-08-2018, 09:53 PM
I dug out a Supremes fan club newsletter from the fall of 1977. There is an article called "Here are the Facts." Take from it what you will:

During a month many fans hoped they would see a bright new start for the Supremes, the group unfortunately has experienced one of the most confusing and disheartening periods. From the many fans who have inquired here are the facts as we know them: Mary Sherrie and Susaye successfully completed their tour of Europe and Great Britain in June with a touching and well-received farewell performance for Mary in London; the Press covered her leaving The Supremes to start a solo career widely with emphasis on the terms of her new contract with Motown and the fact Marvin Gaye would produce her first album. The ladies returned to Los Angeles for a period of rest before Mary was to start on her career and The Supremes with a new member to be selected by Motown start theirs. After their return however Pedro informed Sherrie and Susaye that yet another engagement had been contracted for a tour of Central and South America; because they had made personal commitments for the period of the tour and because Mary had given her widely publicized farewell performance, Sherrie and Susaye declined to make the tour. Pedro and Mary then invited ex Supreme Cindy Birdsong and one of the people who supposedly had audition for Mary's place in the group Debbie Sharpe to accompany them on the tour as The Supremes. Meanwhile back in Los Angeles, Trade Publications were reporting that Motown had a prime candidate for Mary's replacement who, with Sherrie and Susaye, would form the new Supremes. There was also talk that Motown had made a commitment to manage and direct the group and reestablish their prominence in the fields of both recordings and personal appearances. As of this date the above is still true. One has to question the fact that Pedro states that Mary has actually signed a new solo deal with Motown where in Mary's interviews she says she doesn't know whether or not she will stay with Motown. So the rumors still persist and the fans are quite anxious to see the group back together again soon but all we can say it's really hard to say which three girls are going to be included in the Supremes. There have been times when we've been Supremes-less and today we actually have a possible six Supremes. Good luck to all of you.

The more I read on the Supremes fallout, the more sad I get. How did a legendary group fall apart so suddenly like that? And before people start, yeah I know acts who get on top don't last forever, but they had chance to grow like the Temptations and in a sense they weren't allowed to...

luke
10-31-2018, 09:40 AM
Mary has every right to tell her story. If she hadn’t written about it other people would’ve complained she didn’t tell the whole story! How long did this tour last? Did they immediately disband?

marv2
10-31-2018, 02:09 PM
Mary has every right to tell her story. If she hadn’t written about it other people would’ve complained she didn’t tell the whole story! How long did this tour last? Did they immediately disband?

If Mary hadn't written her books, 90% of what these guys talk about today would not exist! Mary is the Supreme, so of course she has a right to tell her story. She was the only that was in the group throughout it's lifecycle. She knows the background and the lead vocals to the songs, she owns all the costumes, she did all of the choreography on stage and TV, she did most of the interviews, appears in all of the photos of the group, help fund the group in the 70s, hell....she wrote the book! LOL!

Anyway, that tour lasted 6-7 weeks I believe in the summer of 1977. They came back to LA afterwards and Mary, with Cindy's help began auditioning singers for Mary's new show.

luke
10-31-2018, 03:43 PM
Well said Marv. Cindy has sure been there for Mary!

marv2
10-31-2018, 03:51 PM
Well said Marv. Cindy has sure been there for Mary!

Oh yes she has. Did you know that Cindy was one of the people that stayed with Mary for 3 weeks looking after her after her accident?

luke
10-31-2018, 08:29 PM
Yes. A great lady. I hope Cindy is now getting support from others. I heard one story that concerned me but hopefully it was an aberration

Roberta75
10-31-2018, 08:32 PM
Anyway, that tour lasted 6-7 weeks I believe in the summer of 1977. They came back to LA afterwards and Mary, with Cindy's help began auditioning singers for Mary's new show.

That was real sweet what Cindy did. Everything comes full cirlce when you think that Mary trained Cindy to replace Flo almost 10 years prior.