PDA

View Full Version : Sing Holland Dozier Holland

test

BritishTony
08-04-2018, 04:53 PM
Grabbed Supes sing HDH at HMV [[UK equivalent of Sam Goody’s) today. Only GBP 9.99 [[USD 13.00). Need to hear it many more times but guess what – it’s AMAZING. Sounds so FRESH in its truly beautiful remastering, could’ve been recorded yesterday. The extended versions break the fourth wall somewhat with the studio chatter but it’s a privilege to have them. And TWO booklets! Beautiful photos and a riveting behind-the-scenes interview with Lamont. First impressions are the stunning clarity of Mary & Florence’s vocals and the overdue dues to a very ballsy “Going Down”. I’ll be listening to this for weeks to come. Really can’t thank you enough Andy & George + all others on the booklet’s back page. HMV told me “it’s charting” whatever that means so I urge everyone to go out and buy. Guess what my friends & family are getting for birthdays & Christmas?

mysterysinger
08-05-2018, 02:18 PM
This should be posted in the dedicated Diana Ross and Supremes [[DRATS) forum - there is already a large thread there on this very subject.

snakepit
08-08-2018, 01:18 PM
Got my copy today and really enjoyed the bonus extended cuts...it's great to hear the backing tracks and to wonder how so many great sides we know could have been slightly different.
Don't like live LPs so the Copa stuff not for me, but as for the rest..excellent.
A great CD...