PDA

View Full Version : Our Great Music History Billie Holiday

test

edafan
08-02-2018, 03:05 PM
I have been listening to Billie Holiday songs from 1933 up till the end of 1937. That gal could really sing. Also the cats around her could really play their instruments. Some of them became famous in their own right. Just to inform you I am 75 years young. So her beginnings were before I was born in 1942. Try listening.

Here is one website I use.

http://www.billieholiday.be/other/mp3.html

edafan

sansradio
08-02-2018, 04:55 PM
Wow! I'm in my mid-to-late 40s and have been a Lady devotee since the age of 9. You've got great taste.

Are these mp3s downloadable, free and safe? Looks like a Belgian website, no?

PeaceNHarmony
08-02-2018, 07:04 PM
Yes, Billie was a natural wonder; I love all the eras of her career. I'll take a look at your recommended site.

edafan
08-03-2018, 04:22 PM
I wasn't able to download most of their mp3's, but I could play them, and record the audio with my computer.

edafan

reese
08-03-2018, 04:32 PM
I have most, if not all of Billie's recordings. My favorites are those from the 50s, particularly her album LADY IN SATIN.

sansradio
08-03-2018, 04:50 PM
I have most, if not all of Billie's recordings. My favorites are those from the 50s, particularly her album LADY IN SATIN.

Yes! The character her voice had achieved in her last decade is, while not traditionally euphonious or precise, simply shattering. Her final MGM album, originally titled Billie Holiday but re-issued as Last Recording, is so affecting.

reese
08-03-2018, 08:16 PM
Yes! The character her voice had achieved in her last decade is, while not traditionally euphonious or precise, simply shattering. Her final MGM album, originally titled Billie Holiday but re-issued as Last Recording, is so affecting.

JUST ONE MORE CHANCE and DON'T WORRY 'BOUT ME wipe me out every time I hear them.