PDA

View Full Version : Diana Live in Brussels 1982

test

Jaap
07-31-2018, 11:27 AM
As others have mentioned in a different thread, Ross had her 1982 "Work That Body World Tour" concert in Brussels, Belgium, recorded on film, as we know because she used the footage of that concert [[with Marvin Gaye) in her Missing You video [[based on what she's wearing, she must have invited Marvin on stage during "Work That Body"). It would be wonderful if that concert would be released on DVD! The Brussels concerts were on June 14 and 15; the two days before she was in Rotterdam, the Netherlands [[12 and 13 June). I don't know what she sang in Brussels, but I'm sure it must have been similar to the program in Rotterdam.

- Ain't No Mountain High Enough
- I'm Coming Out
- It's My Turn
- The Boss
- Touch Me In The Morning
- It's My House / No One Gets The Prize
- Reach Out And Touch [[Somebody's Hand)
- Supremes medley: Reflections / Baby Love / Stop! In The Name Of Love / Love Is Like An Itching In My Heart
- Remember Me
- Lady Sings The Blues segment: Lady Sings The Blues / 'T Ain't Nobody's Bizness If I Do / I Cried For You / My Man
- Mirror, Mirror
INTERMISSION
- You Keep Me Hangin' On
- Upside Down
- Home
- Why Do Fools Fall In Love
- Work That Body
- Theme From Mahogany
- Ain't No Mountain High Enough
ENCORE
- Endless Love
- God Bless The Child

Would be wonderful to have the concert released [[or any others that were filmed but shelved), as it was my very first Diana Ross concert ever.

Jaap

reese
07-31-2018, 11:50 AM
This is similar to the show I saw in August of 1982, but she didn't sing IT'S MY TURN, HOME, and GOD BLESS THE CHILD.

dickiemint
08-01-2018, 02:29 PM
This tour was the first concert I ever saw 1982 I was 13years old and won 2 tickets to see Diana Ross in Wembley Arena in the Daily Mirror newspaper I have been a avid concert goer ever since!! The UK opening of the leg of the tour was a bit of a disaster and the press dubbed it ' the World s most expensive soundtrack' saying that sound was so poor that miss Ross dropped the Mike and run of stage, but thankfully by the time I saw the show it was phenomenal and it was more or less the set from above and I believe the only time I've seen Remember Me live

midnightman
08-01-2018, 02:40 PM
They had to work out the kinks after the UK opener, one can guess.

PeaceNHarmony
08-01-2018, 03:43 PM
Great set list; I'd love to see this concert!

Ollie9
08-02-2018, 07:35 AM
I attended that first concert at Wembley Arena in June 82. For me the night was not one of Diana's finest moments. Apart from being angry about the sound, shouting at the band and throwing her mike down she also appeared annoyed with an unruly audience, especially when singing the LSTB segment. The friend i was with wanted to leave early. I believe the rest of the shows went smoothly without a hitch.

vgalindo
08-02-2018, 08:09 AM
I saw this tour in 1982 with a sold out show of 20,000 people at Oakland Coliseum arena. It was one if the most exciting concerts that I have ever attended. Diana got rave reviews. It was the best!!