PDA

View Full Version : My REFLECTIONS EXPANDED hypothesis

test

Fourtopsbiggestfan
07-17-2018, 06:51 AM
I can imagine like always some newly created extended versions of great songs like I'M GONNA MAKE IT[[I WILL WAIT FOR YOU) similar to what they did with GOING DOWN FOR THE THIRD TIME. Plus the complete DISNEY album finally in one spot.

sup_fan
07-17-2018, 10:32 AM
i wonder if there are a few more incomplete tracks in the vault, perhaps just with D leads but no backings yet.

Also wonder if Forever Came Today has some alt versions. i've heard rumors that it wasn't completed by HDH. perhaps there were other elements that were being explored but never finished that might have made it a stronger single. frankly i think the melody and lyric are just too far off from center. you can't really whistle it or hum it like many of their other big hits. it's just a bit too complicated for a single, great album track though.

this could also be the time to include either Live at Talk of Town or another recording from that tour. they promote Reflections and In and Out during this tour.

Ian Scarlet
07-17-2018, 11:13 AM
I think it will include an alternate version of "Reflections" and "Forever Came Today", some extended versions. Then, some songs from the Disney album [[the ones that still unreleased) and other unreleased tracks. This would be my tracklist:

CD 1:
1.Reflections [[Mono Version)
2.I'm Gonna Make It [[I Will Wait for You) [[Mono Version)
3.Forever Came Today [[Mono Version)
4.I Can't Make It Alone [[Mono Version)
5.In and Out of Love [[Mono Version)
6.Bah-Bah-Bah [[Mono Version)
7.What the World Needs Now Is Love [[Mono Version)
8.Up, Up and Away [[Mono Version)
9.Love [[Makes Me Do Foolish Things) [[Mono Version)
10.Then [[Mono Version)
11.Misery Makes Its Home in My Heart [[Mono Version)
12.Ode to Billie Joe [[Mono Version)
13.Reflections [[Stereo Version)
14.I'm Gonna Make It [[I Will Wait for You) [[Stereo Version)
15.Forever Came Today [[Stereo Version)
16.I Can't Make It Alone [[Stereo Version)
17.In and Out of Love [[Stereo Version)
18.Bah-Bah-Bah [[Stereo Version)
19.What the World Needs Now Is Love [[Stereo Version)
20.Up, Up and Away [[Stereo Version)
21.Love [[Makes Me Do Foolish Things) [[Stereo Version)
22.Then [[Stereo Version)
23.Misery Makes Its Home in My Heart [[Stereo Version)
24.Ode to Billie Joe [[Stereo Version)
BONUS TRACKS
25.Stay in My Lonely Arms
26.All I Know About You
27.Reflections [[Alternate Version)
28.I'm Gonna Make It [[I Will Wait for You) [[Extended Mix)
29.In And Out Of Love [[Extended Mix)

CD 2:
1.Reflections [[Extended Mix)
2.Forever Came Today [[Alternate Version)
3.In And Out Of Love [[Alternate Version)
4.A Spoonful Of Sugar
5.Chim Chim Che-ree
6.Zip A Dee Doo Dah
7.For Us Both I’ll Be Concerned
8.Won’t You Come Fly With Me
9.I Get Lost
10.Love For A Lifetime
11.Do Not Forsake Me [[Studio Version)
12.Sound Stage Medley [[feat. Bing Crosby & Jose Feliciano) [[Studio Version)
13.Symphony Medley [[Live at the Royal Variety Performance/1968)
14.Hits Medley [[Live at the Royal Variety Performance/1968)
15.More [[Live at the Royal Variety Performance/1968)
16.Love Is Here And Now You're Gone [[Live at the Royal Variety Performance/1968)
17.Michelle/Yesterday [[Live at the Royal Variety Performance/1968)
18.The Lady Is A Tramo/Let's Get Away From It All [[Live at the Royal Variety Performance/1968)
19.Queen Of The House [[Live at the Royal Variety Performance/1968)
20.You Keep Me Hangin' On [[Live at the Royal Variety Performance/1968)
21.The Happening [[Live at the Royal Variety Performance/1968)
22.In And Out Of Love [[Live at the Royal Variety Performance/1968)
23.Thoroughly Modern Millie/Second Hand Rose/Mame [[Live at the Royal Variety Performance/1968)
24.Reflections [[Live at the Royal Variety Performance/1968)
25.Somewhere [[Live at the Royal Variety Performance/1968)
26.You're Nobody 'Till Somebody Loves You [[Live at the Royal Variety Performance/1968)

This tracklist is a hypothesis too!

Fourtopsbiggestfan
07-17-2018, 04:22 PM
Sounds like a fantastic hypothesis.☺️☺️

marybrewster
07-17-2018, 05:06 PM
Where do "My Guy" and "Heaven Must Have Sent You" fit into this time line?

I think an obvious choice for a live set would be "Hollywood Bowl" but when Andy and Mr. George were on Nightflight promoting HDH, I seem to recall them mentioning something about a high pitch "squeal" throughout the performance. Not sure if that's something that can be cleaned up. I think it's at least worth including "Back in My Arms Again" to hear how Diana addresses the "And Flo, she don't know" line.

vgalindo
07-17-2018, 06:10 PM
That would be a nice expanded edition of "Reflections" but I would want all the Disney tracks together. I would prefer a separate "Sing Disney" not on Reflections expanded. But if it is part of the expanded it would have to include all Disney tracks.

CoolKatz
07-17-2018, 06:52 PM
In addition to the Mono and stereo versions of the Album, other songs in the timeline are

1) It's Going All The Way To True Love [[DMF)
2) Treat Me Nice John Henry [[DMC)
3) Heaven Must Have Sent You [[DMC)
4) Am I Asking Too Much [[Maybe) [[DMC)
5) A Little Breeze [[Andantes)
6) Sweet Thing [[Maybe) [[Andantes)

I'm pretty sure there must be some alternates and maybe even some surprises.
I don't forsee anything live unless it's a new live version or Reflections,In and Out of Love or Forever Came Today, everything thing else has been covered live. It will be interesting and I look forward to it!

PeaceNHarmony
07-17-2018, 07:34 PM
I think it will include an alternate version of "Reflections" and "Forever Came Today", some extended versions. Then, some songs from the Disney album [[the ones that still unreleased) and other unreleased tracks. This would be my tracklist:

CD 1:
1.Reflections [[Mono Version)
2.I'm Gonna Make It [[I Will Wait for You) [[Mono Version)
3.Forever Came Today [[Mono Version)
4.I Can't Make It Alone [[Mono Version)
5.In and Out of Love [[Mono Version)
6.Bah-Bah-Bah [[Mono Version)
7.What the World Needs Now Is Love [[Mono Version)
8.Up, Up and Away [[Mono Version)
9.Love [[Makes Me Do Foolish Things) [[Mono Version)
10.Then [[Mono Version)
11.Misery Makes Its Home in My Heart [[Mono Version)
12.Ode to Billie Joe [[Mono Version)
13.Reflections [[Stereo Version)
14.I'm Gonna Make It [[I Will Wait for You) [[Stereo Version)
15.Forever Came Today [[Stereo Version)
16.I Can't Make It Alone [[Stereo Version)
17.In and Out of Love [[Stereo Version)
18.Bah-Bah-Bah [[Stereo Version)
19.What the World Needs Now Is Love [[Stereo Version)
20.Up, Up and Away [[Stereo Version)
21.Love [[Makes Me Do Foolish Things) [[Stereo Version)
22.Then [[Stereo Version)
23.Misery Makes Its Home in My Heart [[Stereo Version)
24.Ode to Billie Joe [[Stereo Version)
BONUS TRACKS
25.Stay in My Lonely Arms
26.All I Know About You
27.Reflections [[Alternate Version)
28.I'm Gonna Make It [[I Will Wait for You) [[Extended Mix)
29.In And Out Of Love [[Extended Mix)

CD 2:
1.Reflections [[Extended Mix)
2.Forever Came Today [[Alternate Version)
3.In And Out Of Love [[Alternate Version)
4.A Spoonful Of Sugar
5.Chim Chim Che-ree
6.Zip A Dee Doo Dah
7.For Us Both I’ll Be Concerned
8.Won’t You Come Fly With Me
9.I Get Lost
10.Love For A Lifetime
11.Do Not Forsake Me [[Studio Version)
12.Sound Stage Medley [[feat. Bing Crosby & Jose Feliciano) [[Studio Version)
13.Symphony Medley [[Live at the Royal Variety Performance/1968)
14.Hits Medley [[Live at the Royal Variety Performance/1968)
15.More [[Live at the Royal Variety Performance/1968)
16.Love Is Here And Now You're Gone [[Live at the Royal Variety Performance/1968)
17.Michelle/Yesterday [[Live at the Royal Variety Performance/1968)
18.The Lady Is A Tramo/Let's Get Away From It All [[Live at the Royal Variety Performance/1968)
19.Queen Of The House [[Live at the Royal Variety Performance/1968)
20.You Keep Me Hangin' On [[Live at the Royal Variety Performance/1968)
21.The Happening [[Live at the Royal Variety Performance/1968)
22.In And Out Of Love [[Live at the Royal Variety Performance/1968)
23.Thoroughly Modern Millie/Second Hand Rose/Mame [[Live at the Royal Variety Performance/1968)
24.Reflections [[Live at the Royal Variety Performance/1968)
25.Somewhere [[Live at the Royal Variety Performance/1968)
26.You're Nobody 'Till Somebody Loves You [[Live at the Royal Variety Performance/1968)

This tracklist is a hypothesis too!

I'll take it!

rovereab
07-18-2018, 03:06 AM
I seem to remember, a good few years ago now, someone on this Forum mentioning a Detroit recording of In And Out Of Love. If it exists then that would be a nice inclusion.

Fullfillingnessfirstfinale
07-18-2018, 04:16 AM
i wonder if there are a few more incomplete tracks in the vault, perhaps just with D leads but no backings yet.

Also wonder if Forever Came Today has some alt versions. i've heard rumors that it wasn't completed by HDH. perhaps there were other elements that were being explored but never finished that might have made it a stronger single. frankly i think the melody and lyric are just too far off from center. you can't really whistle it or hum it like many of their other big hits. it's just a bit too complicated for a single, great album track though.

this could also be the time to include either Live at Talk of Town or another recording from that tour. they promote Reflections and In and Out during this tour.

Is there maybe a chance that exists a "Forever came today" in the faults with the original Supremes, not only with Diana & The Andantes?

paul_nixon
07-18-2018, 06:27 AM
Don't forget all those 'ahem' alternate mixes from the Japanese Greatest Hits LP

sup_fan
07-18-2018, 11:02 AM
if they do add a live recording to the set, it'll be interesting to see what they select. the Talk of the Town recording has already been released [[although many years ago). There are a couple of songs cut from the set but wonder if they'll use that or another version from that tour. seems like the strategy for the live recordings has been to get variety of live recordings and material released. with Talk of Town already out there, wonder if they'll use that tour.

or if they'll use that extra cd space for Disney or something. as fans have listed above, there are some tracks like Sweet Thing and Heaven. but it seems as if there wasn't a ton of new recording going on.

Glenpwood
07-18-2018, 11:19 AM
Does the audio for the entire Royal Command Performance still exist? I know the BBC video of the show is still tagged as missing believed wiped. Oddly all but two of the RCP were kept and are in the archives except this one and one from the year before or after it. I know "Somewhere" has a YouTube video up referencing this show but the video is from that Stockholm TV special.

In another thread it was listed that the Cilla Black show performance of Nathan Jones still exists but that is incorrect unless they personally have the tape or know who does. It is still listed as lost/wiped as well. A different episode of Cilla was found last year, the first season final episode with Dudley Moore. It was screened at the "Missing Believed Wiped" festival that Kaleidoscope throws every Holiday season.

daviddh
07-19-2018, 07:03 PM
sorry I can do without the Disney stuff

Bluebrock
07-20-2018, 02:28 AM
So can i, but i would like the complete set to perhaps get a stand alone release for completest purposes if nothing else.

Zantellor
07-21-2018, 02:06 AM
Forever Came Today and Some Things You Never Get Used are both great songs that did not chart well. These two recording were much too mature to really attract the teenage record buyers.As I have grown older my tastes have matured and FCT and STYNGUT are among my favorite DRATS recordings. It would be nice if a great singer covered these songs.I am sure they would do well

Fourtopsbiggestfan
07-21-2018, 04:13 AM
Forever Came Today and Some Things You Never Get Used are both great songs that did not chart well. These two recording were much too mature to really attract the teenage record buyers.As I have grown older my tastes have matured and FCT and STYNGUT are among my favorite DRATS recordings. It would be nice if a great singer covered these songs.I am sure they would do well

FOREVER CAME TODAY is a soaring soul song. Definitely their better sound instead of the constant standards. Berry went overboard with that.

rovereab
07-21-2018, 07:23 AM

Me too, it just doesn't fit with the music on the album!

aarondillon2011@gmail.com
07-22-2018, 04:08 PM
Probably way too soon to know but has anyone asked how well HDH Expanded has sold and if Reflections has got approved for expanded release yet? I sure do hope we can start getting them out a little quicker.