PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jackson - Slave to the Rhythm [[Dangerous outtake)

test

midnightman
07-16-2018, 07:48 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TB2IZ-qnIXg

Written with Babyface and L.A. Reid. Don't think it could've worked for Dangerous judging on how that album turned out but I still love the original version of this.

MJ SANG the bone out of this sucka.

marv2
07-16-2018, 08:32 PM
I have never heard this before. It sounds like it would fit nicely somewhere between 1988 and 1995.

midnightman
07-16-2018, 09:45 PM
^ I think MJ recorded it in 1989-90...

rovereab
07-17-2018, 04:31 AM
The Xscape version of this excellent song would have been a fantastic follow-up single release to Love Never Felt So Good. I wonder why this wasn't picked up at the time?

I do wonder if there are more excellent songs in the MJ vault. I really miss his album releases :[[

Thatkliqkid
07-17-2018, 06:26 AM
The Xscape version of this excellent song would have been a fantastic follow-up single release to Love Never Felt So Good. I wonder why this wasn't picked up at the time?

I do wonder if there are more excellent songs in the MJ vault. I really miss his album releases :[[

I was surprised Slave to the Rhythm didn't get a single release, it was used to heavily promote Sony's Xperia phone at the time.

I really want some new MJ/J5 music. It's been something like six years since we got "new" Motown era MJ.

Quinn
07-17-2018, 09:58 AM

I do wonder if there are more excellent songs in the MJ vault. I really miss his album releases :[[ There's not as much in the vault as one would think. L.A. Reid who was the head honcho at Epic at the time listened to everything the estate delivered to him. Not only was he surprised at how few masters there were, but the fact that most either weren't great or was incomplete. Michael didn't record quite like some of his peers in that he'd go to the studio just because the sky was blue and the grass was green. He spent most of his time in the studio when he had a project in the pipeline. It was reported upon his death that there was about 50 completed masters and other tracks in various stages of completion. That's why there are so few songs on "Xscape", L.A. didn't have a great deal to work with.

Quinn
07-17-2018, 10:20 AM
I was surprised Slave to the Rhythm didn't get a single release, it was used to heavily promote Sony's Xperia phone at the time.

I really want some new MJ/J5 music. It's been something like six years since we got "new" Motown era MJ.
I think it would be great to hear some more of their Motown stuff too. Their recorded output estimates about 469 tracks in totality. Only 174 had been released up to 1991. We've gotten quite a few of their tunes since "Soulsation". You can do the math yourself,but there has to be an inventory of 200+ tracks still remaining. I know Tito talked about getting some released,but he talked about an issue with the administrator of one the publishing companies. He said that could potentially stop more unreleased tunes from seeing the light of day. Harry Weinger or Keith Hughes could shed more light on this,I'm not sure.

midnightman
07-17-2018, 04:36 PM
I think all of their Motown stuff has been out now? I mean they recorded about 469 tracks, right? I wonder how many songs are left in the J5 vault?