PDA

View Full Version : Build a track list for the unreleased lps

test

sup_fan
07-15-2018, 12:08 PM
While There’s A Place For Us had a track listing, most of the unreleased lps didn’t. And in most cases we have more than enough tracks to make one. So what would u have released?

Ballad and Blues
1. This is it
2. He means the world to me
3. I’ve giving you your freedom
4. A breathtaking guy
5. I’m the exception to the rule
6. Long gone lover

1. Bye baby
2. Everyday I’ll love you more
3. Mr blues
4. Come on boy
5. My imagination
6. I idolize you

mysterysinger
07-15-2018, 01:50 PM
Well our German friend put together an expanded version of this album so here's the artwork front and back....

mysterysinger
07-15-2018, 02:12 PM
The tracks to what would have been the album are recognised in DFTMC - "My Imagination" shows, for example "unreleased; LP [[M): Motown MT610 Supremes Sing Ballads And Blues" so the track list is known. For the record, the German bootleg CD uses the following tracks although I've not checked them all against DFTMC....

Motown 610
Sing Ballads & Blues
The Supremes
Bootleg Motown CD

Original Album
01 Mr Blues
02 My Heart Can't Take It No More
03 Come On Boy
04 My Imagination
05 I Idolize You
06 Lazy Bones
07 After All
08 You're Gonna Come To Me
09 The Tears
10 You Didn't Care
11 Funny How Time Slips Away
12 Heavenly Father

Bonus Tracks
13 Hey Baby [[version 4)
14 Save Me A Star
15 The Beginning To The Ending
16 Come On Boy [[stereo mix)
17 My Imagination [[stereo mix)
18 The Tears [[stereo mix)
19 Heavenly Father [[stereo mix)
20 After All [[stereo mix)
21 Save Me a Star [[stereo mix)

mysterysinger
07-15-2018, 02:44 PM
It's a similar story for the Disney album for which the tracks are also recognised on DFTMC. Some pics of the bootleg here.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/cookephotography/albums/72157698173875954

mysterysinger
07-15-2018, 02:45 PM
One of out own members also produced an amazing cover for the Disney album which can also be seen here
https://www.flickr.com/photos/a_tom/7555144828/in/photolist-cvC6kJ

markdtiller
07-15-2018, 03:38 PM
Shame about the grammar on the artwork!..."Classic's"

mysterysinger
07-15-2018, 04:36 PM
Yes that's unfortunate - and the catalogue number is also wrong at 659 [[which is the Rodgers & Hart album). Disney is 671. Otherwise, a beautiful piece of work.

sup_fan
07-16-2018, 08:13 AM
In the WDOLG 40th expanded edition it lists a couple tracks but not 12. In none of the official published material has there been a listing of the full lp

But even w Disney and sing broadway to Hollywood the group recorded more than enough tracks. The lps would have been single disc and so only holding 11 or 12 songs. So the question still remains as to what our recommendations are for the releases

greg jones
07-17-2018, 01:03 AM
Well, we know the track list for There's A Place For Us. But what i wonder is if the mono masters exist and if they are any different than the stereo mixes. In 1965, Mono mixes were more often different than the same as stereo. So can we get the mono to complete that album?

sup_fan
07-17-2018, 10:37 AM
Well, we know the track list for There's A Place For Us. But what i wonder is if the mono masters exist and if they are any different than the stereo mixes. In 1965, Mono mixes were more often different than the same as stereo. So can we get the mono to complete that album?

interesting question! hadn't thought of that but given all of the other lps from this period, that very well could be

Also there's the Broadway to Hollywood set. in addition to all of the canned tracks from There's A Place, they'd recorded:

The Happening
All I Know About You
Beach Ball
Surfer Boy
Dr Goldfoot
If I Ruled the World
Strangers in the night
Sound of music
tender is the night
what now my love
Who can i turn to
More
Somewhere
Shadow of your smile
Fancy passes
On a clear day [[no lead recorded though)

That's a lot of potential tracks. The first five i listed all sort of fit one style - bright, bouncy, campy. the remaining 11 are more mature, MOR etc. and of course had they not released the R&H set, some of those could have been combined with these to make a solid set.

IMO the B2H tracks just aren't as strong as the R&H ones. some are really quite strong but others are just ok.