PDA

View Full Version : The Story of the Starland Vocal Band:Afternoon Delight; little $$$

test

jobeterob
07-12-2018, 06:45 PM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/arts-and-entertainment/wp/2018/07/10/skyrockets-in-flight-afternoon-delight-the-story-behind-starland-vocal-bands-one-big-hit/?utm_term=.4b9bfa1aae80

PeaceNHarmony
07-13-2018, 01:58 PM
Fascinating, fun reading. Truly annoying song and singers [[though not untalented). The 'Arrested Development' reboot of the song is hysterical. [[An aside: wow does this forum have some angry and deeply unhappy people!)

jobeterob
07-13-2018, 02:23 PM
Well I think it has a lot of retired people that have little to do and who have become grumpy old men/women perhaps. And then there's mental illness as well.

PeaceNHarmony
07-13-2018, 02:50 PM
Well I think it has a lot of retired people that have little to do and who have become grumpy old men/women perhaps. And then there's mental illness as well.
WELL, sir, I could include myself in all those descriptors with the exception of 'retired'! But, seriously, folks ... it's a music forum ... the sheer anger displayed so frequently pertaining to music that's [[as a statistical average) nearly 50 years old ... the phrase 'get a life' does come to mind.