PDA

View Full Version : Just for fun...admit this...:)

test

ladyvanaye
02-12-2011, 03:46 PM
If you could make over a song...get on a stage and perform...what song would that be? I know some of you are already singers and musicians recorded and unrecorded...but what is YOUR SONG you know you could knock the heck out of in performance should you get that opportunity?

I always envision my self doing something in a 'Black Rock' sort of way...like Bettye Davis...Id like to take a stab at "LIVE IT UP' by the Isleys...not to mention a few other songs...:)

theboyfromxtown
02-12-2011, 05:21 PM
Ladyvanaye

My mum tells me I sing like a cat being strangled, so I ought to pass on this one. But I like the suggestion.

If I could sing, I'd love to try Stevie Wonder's "Sho Be Do Be Do Dah day" or The Temps "I See You Clear Thru My Tears".

nysister
02-12-2011, 05:48 PM
Ladyvanaye, it's Gladys Knight & The Pips, "Didn't You Know You had to Cry Sometime." Girl, I would work that ending,
Oh didn't you know, Oh didn't you know....LOL!!

blueskies
02-12-2011, 05:58 PM
For fear of being stoned.....I'll have to pass on this one. My Rottie has better 'pitch' than I do. Though, in this day of singers, that doesn't seem to be a requirement in singing! OK....my song would be "What Becomes of the Brokenhearted".

ladyvanaye
02-12-2011, 06:22 PM
Ladyvanaye

My mum tells me I sing like a cat being strangled, so I ought to pass on this one. But I like the suggestion.

If I could sing, I'd love to try Stevie Wonder's "Sho Be Do Be Do Dah day" or The Temps "I See You Clear Thru My Tears".

Oh my damn! LOL! I agree with the Stevie cut...that is a bad uptempo jam. :)

ladyvanaye
02-12-2011, 06:24 PM
For fear of being stoned.....I'll have to pass on this one. My Rottie has better 'pitch' than I do. Though, in this day of singers, that doesn't seem to be a requirement in singing! OK....my song would be "What Becomes of the Brokenhearted".

Ok, dont sing in a Roman arena...and there will be no stones...lol!!! Good choice of a song..I sing that one often as well...:)

tamla617
02-12-2011, 06:26 PM
if i could play a sax...walk in the night jr walker
if i could sing like smokey tracks of my tears or i dont blame you at all
but i cant do either!

ladyvanaye
02-12-2011, 06:26 PM
Ladyvanaye, it's Gladys Knight & The Pips, "Didn't You Know You had to Cry Sometime." Girl, I would work that ending,
Oh didn't you know, Oh didn't you know....LOL!!

Gladys is my #1 living girl singer! Id love to give a whirl at more than a few of her songs...But her version of 'You Need Love Like I do Dont You'...with that Motown sound? Woooo!

ladyvanaye
02-12-2011, 06:30 PM
if i could play a sax...walk in the night jr walker
if i could sing like smokey tracks of my tears or i dont blame you at all
but i cant do either!

"What the mind can conceive is possible" Tamla! :)

tamla617
02-12-2011, 07:19 PM
i know its ace!......... my shrink thinks so too!

my other one [[and the best idea i've had so far)
if i could sing like 2 people just say just say marvin and diana!

jillfoster
02-12-2011, 09:56 PM
Because of my ozark accent, MOR crossover country suits my voice best... so England Dan And John Ford Coley's "I'd Really Love To See You Tonight" is the perfect song for me.

arrr&bee
02-15-2011, 01:44 PM
If i were to do a number it would be smokey's-i can't find..and yes i would bring down the house[no brag just fact]!!

DwightTurner
02-15-2011, 02:21 PM
I would do "Are You Lonely For Me Baby" by Freddie Scott