PDA

View Full Version : Expanded Editions Box Set ??

test

Circa 1824
07-10-2018, 08:47 AM
Is it possible to get a box set of all DRATS and ROSS' Expanded Editions?

I do not have them all, and would love to have all in one beautiful box set of the greatest female vocalist and group of all time. Their presence and music is part of American history. I would imagine that to create the box set, it would just be repackaging the work that has already been done.

The box set could be called The Complete Collection of the Greatest.

bradsupremes
07-10-2018, 09:59 AM
That may be difficult as several releases are out of print and they haven't completed their catalog. We still the DRATS albums and all the specialty/live albums to go. They could do a second pressing on the out-of-print collections. Fans have requested second printings on several releases, but I don't think Universal is willing to do it. Plus, it could be a very expensive collection. This is why it is important to get these releases now before they are gone. This Is The Story is sold out and there are people selling it used for $360 on Amazon. A new one is being sold for $699!

Circa 1824
07-10-2018, 01:57 PM
It is shocking that anything by the Supremes is out of print. Sadly, even the biggest fans, not to mention the young or upcoming Supremes fans, cannot own classic Supremes albums. I don't want a greatest hits box-set; I want a complete set of all their recordings.

sup_fan
07-10-2018, 03:21 PM
pretty much ALL of the expanded editions are available today in itunes. the only thing that's out of print is the physical set of cds. the fact that a handful of Sup fans are demanding physical copies is just unrealistic. the demand isn't there to profitably keep these titles in print in a physical format. it's simply economics. digital music is not a fad.

These physical releases are only being marketed as limited runs because there isn't money to be made with having discount bins full of unsold albums. who's going to store this? where would they be warehoused?

There are NO physical stores even really left, other than a handful of shelves at Target or maybe a Best Buy. Once upon a time there were tons of record stores in every mall and shopping center. those have ceased to exist because it is no longer a viable business model.

I do understand the enjoyment of holding a set, looking at the pictures, reading the liner notes. But frankly i feel it's more important to at least get the music. i'd sacrifice having something tangible in order to at least have it. the newer sets are usually at least offering the booklets in digital format too. if the tangible is so important, it's certainly easy enough to print the downloaded booklet and burn the music onto cd

PeaceNHarmony
07-10-2018, 03:46 PM
Anyone paying more that $50 for an out-of-print physical cd needs to get a life.

sup_fan
07-10-2018, 04:48 PM
Anyone paying more that $50 for an out-of-print physical cd needs to get a life.

lolol true! or else just bite the bullet and convert to digital

vgalindo
07-10-2018, 09:21 PM
Well I am so glad that Rasputin seems to be always crowded with customers. There is quite a few of them in Northern California. They are a good size store that sales new and used CDS, Vinyl, and DVDs. They always carry the expanded editions. In fact I just bought my 2nd copy of HDH from them.

TheMotownManiac
07-11-2018, 02:19 PM
It’s great that stores which dud survive are now being rewarded with the vinyl boom as lots if local bands issue on CD and vinyl only.