PDA

View Full Version : Junior Walker - What Does It Take [[Live)

test

mysterysinger
07-09-2018, 07:03 PM
Hope this works for you....[[might need to click it a time or two and wait). Love this clip.

https://www.facebook.com/DJradiostationlive/videos/1868577810120098/

marv2
07-09-2018, 07:07 PM
Works for me! Memories of that endless summer of 1969! Thank you Mysterysinger!

marv2
07-09-2018, 07:10 PM
You what? David Letterman could be a jerk at times. There, I said it! LOL!

Philles/Motown Gary
07-18-2018, 12:22 AM
Enjoyed the video. Unfortunately, Jr. Walker was among the Motown artists who we never got a chance to see -- only hear -- which makes this video all the more special.

mysterysinger
07-18-2018, 08:22 PM
Thankfully I got to see him a couple of times and he was always entertaining.

Philles/Motown Gary
07-18-2018, 09:07 PM
Yeah, I always loved Junior. I would almost give my right arm to get his remaining Motown albums on CD. There are still too many of them not available yet.

marv2
07-18-2018, 09:18 PM
Yeah, I always loved Junior. I would almost give my right arm to get his remaining Motown albums on CD. There are still too many of them not available yet.

The fact that they are not available on CD is a crime......

Philles/Motown Gary
07-18-2018, 09:53 PM
I know, Marv, but I have more hope now than ever before. Within the past year alone, we've managed to get not one but TWO Expanded Supremes CDs, four Undisputed Truth albums on CD, two Bobby Darin CDs, and we're about to get The Spinners Expanded CD, AND, miraculously, a 2-CD Blinky set. I wouldn't be surprised if a Jr. Walker multi-album CD set and a multi-album CD set of The Originals is right around the corner. Harry, Andy, George, and the guys have been whittling away at our
wish list one artist at a time. I think all that we've been begging for has been honored except for Jr. Walker and The Originals.

You know what's odd is the fact that nobody seems to care about the remaining Jermaine Jackson solo albums getting a CD release. So far, only his first two have been released physically -- and I love them -- especially his version of Kim Weston's "Take Me In Your Arms". But I've never heard anyone request them. Wonder why?

marv2
07-18-2018, 10:02 PM
I know, Marv, but I have more hope now than ever before. Within the past year alone, we've managed to get not one but TWO Expanded Supremes CDs, four Undisputed Truth albums on CD, two Bobby Darin CDs, and we're about to get The Spinners Expanded CD, AND, miraculously, a 2-CD Blinky set. I wouldn't be surprised if a Jr. Walker multi-album CD set and a multi-album CD set of The Originals is right around the corner. Harry, Andy, George, and the guys have been whittling away at our
wish list one artist at a time. I think all that we've been begging for has been honored except for Jr. Walker and The Originals.

You know what's odd is the fact that nobody seems to care about the remaining Jermaine Jackson solo albums getting a CD release. So far, only his first two have been released physically -- and I love them -- especially his version of Kim Weston's "Take Me In Your Arms". But I've never heard anyone request them. Wonder why?

I personally always wanted at least one expanded edition on one of the Four Tops albums.

Philles/Motown Gary
07-18-2018, 10:20 PM
I personally always wanted at least one expanded edition on one of the Four Tops albums.
Which one? Any of their first few hits studio albums?

1) Four Tops
2) Second Album
3) On Top
4) Reach Out
5) Yesterday's Dreams
6) Now
7) Soul Spin

[[I purposely left out "On Broadway.)

arr&bee
07-19-2018, 02:09 PM
Did jr.walker ever record a jazz album?

Philles/Motown Gary
07-19-2018, 02:13 PM
No, arr&bee, no jazz album -- at least, none that were ever released. He had two live albums, but no jazz recordings. That's a great idea, though. I wish he had.

TomatoTom123
07-19-2018, 05:33 PM
Junior's 1966 album Soul Session is probably his most jazz-ish... all the tracks are instrumentals in the soul-jazz vein... but that's probably not what arr&bee is asking about ;)

Motown Eddie
07-22-2018, 06:47 AM
Hope this works for you....[[might need to click it a time or two and wait). Love this clip.

https://www.facebook.com/DJradiostationlive/videos/1868577810120098/

Great clip; thanks for sharing mysterysinger!

Philles/Motown Gary
07-22-2018, 01:15 PM
Junior's 1966 album Soul Session is probably his most jazz-ish... all the tracks are instrumentals in the soul-jazz vein... but that's probably not what arr&bee is asking about ;)
No, I think he meant an actual jazz album, Tom. But, you're right, some of the mid-tempo instrumental tracks might be interpreted by some as being jazz-ish.