PDA

View Full Version : Supremes on What's My Line three times?

test

BayouMotownMan
07-05-2018, 08:47 PM
Finally got my expanded HDH today and the liner notes say the Supremes made three appearances on What's My Line. I only know of two. The first in early 1966 during My World Is Empty and the second in 1967 during The Happening. When was the third?

snakepit
07-06-2018, 04:15 AM
You may get a better response to your question by posting this in the dedicated DRATS forum.

mysterysinger
07-06-2018, 07:18 AM
One for the dedicated DRATS Forum agreed.

luke
07-06-2018, 08:42 AM
Wasn’t this just discussed in another thread? I think someone asked George about it on the HDH expanded.

jobucats
07-06-2018, 09:42 AM
Wasn’t this just discussed in another thread? I think someone asked George about it on the HDH expanded.

BayouMotownMan, I posted this on another thread, however, there was no discussion. Being a fan and avid watcher of the 50s/60s WML, I did some research and found I found they only appeared 2 times unless, however, my documentation was not complete. We do know, that around the same time, they appeared on a similar show [[with Berry Gordy) "To Tell the Truth".

marybrewster
07-06-2018, 10:55 AM
It was an error in printing. Andy and George explained on their in depth interview on Nightlight.

There is a lengthy process in editing and proofreading the booklets; it passes several sets of eyes, and up until the final printing, it said "second".

jobucats
07-06-2018, 12:13 PM
It was an error in printing. Andy and George explained on their in depth interview on Nightlight.

There is a lengthy process in editing and proofreading the booklets; it passes several sets of eyes, and up until the final printing, it said "second".

Thank you, marybrewster. Mine was not a complaint, just an observation. I was unable to listen to the Nightlight episode. My understanding is that it was very, very informative!

marybrewster
07-06-2018, 11:09 PM
Thank you, marybrewster. Mine was not a complaint, just an observation. I was unable to listen to the Nightlight episode. My understanding is that it was very, very informative!

No, I understand. It was brought up by another, I just thought I'd pass along the response. Sometimes MJ will replay shows like this; if you can, definitely check it out! You're right, it was filled with backstories and extra information. Worth the listen.