PDA

View Full Version : Expanded Editions

test

fightingirish46
07-02-2018, 07:07 PM
First off, I would like to give a deep, heartfelt thank you to the guys that made these wonderful releases possible. Andy, Harry & George, THANK YOU!

Is anyone able to give me a full rundown of all the Expanded Editions released [[CD and Digital-Only)? I think I have some missing in my collection.

luckyluckyme
07-02-2018, 07:29 PM
See Page 29 of The Supremes Sing HDH booklet. Of these, Digital Only Universal sanctioned titles are: first version of The Ultimate Merry Christmas [[later released on cd with additional material by Real Gone Music), Sing & Perform Funny Girl, Baby It's Me, and Diana Ross Sings Songs From The Wiz

bradsupremes
07-02-2018, 10:02 PM
First off, I would like to give a deep, heartfelt thank you to the guys that made these wonderful releases possible. Andy, Harry & George, THANK YOU!

Is anyone able to give me a full rundown of all the Expanded Editions released [[CD and Digital-Only)? I think I have some missing in my collection.

The Supremes
Meet The Supremes [[CD & Digital)*
Where Did Our Love Go [[CD & Digital)*
More Hits By The Supremes [[CD & Digital)*
At The Copa [[CD & Digital)*
The Ultimate Merry Christmas [[CD & Digital)*
I Hear A Symphony [[CD & Digital)
A' Go-Go [[CD & Digital)
Sing Holland-Dozier-Holland [[CD & Digital)
Sing & Perform Funny Girl [[Digital Only)
There's A Place For Us [[CD & Digital)*
Magnificent: Supremes & Four Tops [[CD & Digital)*
This Is The Story: The Jean Terrell Year 1970-1973 [[CD & Digital)*
Let Yourself Go: The Final Sessions 1974-1977 [[CD & Digital)*

Diana Ross
Diana Ross [[Not fully expanded)
Everything Is Everything [[CD & Digital)*
Surrender [[CD & Digital)*
Touch Me In The Morning [[CD & Digital)*
Last Time I Saw Him [[CD & Digital)*
Diana Ross [[CD & Digital)*
Baby It's Me [[CD & Digital)
Sings Songs From The Wiz [[Digital Only)

*Digital has no booklet

It should be noted some of these releases are completely sold out.

mysterysinger
07-02-2018, 10:40 PM
Not forgetting
"Joined Together" The Complete Studio Duets - DRATS & Temptations.
The two Rodgers & Hart collections.
Diana Ross - "To Love Again"
Diana [[Chic) - deluxe

luckyluckyme
07-03-2018, 08:16 AM
Baby It's Me.... Cd..... was a bootleg, not an official release.

marybrewster
07-03-2018, 10:04 AM
Supremes Live in Japan

lucky2012
07-03-2018, 10:07 AM
Someone here mentioned that Sing HDH is the [[chronologically) last expanded studio album by DMF. A bittersweet thought but the anticipation and thrill made it worthwhile.
I'm just so happy that George & Andy were able to bring it to us. From here on, I can only hope that at least an expanded Love Child is in the future. I do love the extended remixes and mash-ups.

Circa 1824
07-03-2018, 10:08 AM
My current favorite is I Guess I'll Always Love You -- Extended Mix.

Classic haunting Diana vocals, and I love the longer musical intro.
The backup vocals are also great.

khansperac
07-03-2018, 01:21 PM
I would love to see an expanded edition of The Boss. There has got to be unreleased tracks in the vault, and if not, there certainly has to be alternate versions of the known tracks.

Bluebrock
07-04-2018, 02:33 AM
I would love to see an expanded edition of The Boss. There has got to be unreleased tracks in the vault, and if not, there certainly has to be alternate versions of the known tracks.
Hi Khansperec. I heard rumours back in the 90's that two unreleased tracks from the Boss sessions remained in the vaults, but when i asked Valerie Simpson around 15 years ago she could not recall any such tracks . The expanded version that came out all those years ago was somewhat underwhelming and i totally agree it is time for a more expanded expanded version! Alternate versions, remixes would be most welcome.

daviddh
07-04-2018, 12:07 PM
Hi Khansperec. I heard rumours back in the 90's that two unreleased tracks from the Boss sessions remained in the vaults, but when i asked Valerie Simpson around 15 years ago she could not recall any such tracks . The expanded version that came out all those years ago was somewhat underwhelming and i totally agree it is time for a more expanded expanded version! Alternate versions, remixes would be most welcome.
totally agree, great album with some Ross power house vocals