PDA

View Full Version : Joan Rivers TV Show 7/10/1991 - SCORNED BY MOTOWN

test

woodward
07-01-2018, 03:54 PM
Does anyone have knowledge of how one can view the Joan Rivers show that was broadcast on 7/10/1991 entitled Scorned by Motown which featured guest appearances by Mary Wilson, Bobby Taylor of the Vancouvers, Gladys Horton, Marv Johnson, and Raynoma Singleton? I did not see it when it was originally broadcast. It would make good viewing. It was a CBS television program.

marv2
07-01-2018, 04:06 PM
Someone would have to upload it to Youtube or some other video hosting site. I do not think CBS would carry it on their website since it is a rather old program now.

milven
07-01-2018, 04:43 PM
I don't remember Mary Wilson on Joan Rivers' show. But if she was, Marv would probably be the source for confirmation.

The guests on July 10, 1991, Episode 173 were from the Motown Era are Raynona Gordy Singleton, Gladys Horton, Marv Johnson and actor Franco Nero.

The show that I remember where Motown was dissed was about Mary Wells and how she was treated by Motown. That show aired on June 25,1991. Episode 162

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHA40H8XdbI

reese
07-01-2018, 05:01 PM
Mary appeared on the Joan Rivers Show twice, to my knowledge. The first was when she was promoting SUPREME FAITH. Then she appeared again on the 1991 show listed above. I recall Bobby Taylor saying that she discovered him. And I think Mary mentioned that she had record deal. If I'm not mistaken, Bobby also had a bodyguard on hand.

marv2
07-01-2018, 06:00 PM
Mary appeared on the Joan Rivers Show twice, to my knowledge. The first was when she was promoting SUPREME FAITH. Then she appeared again on the 1991 show listed above. I recall Bobby Taylor saying that she discovered him. And I think Mary mentioned that she had record deal. If I'm not mistaken, Bobby also had a bodyguard on hand.

Mary Wilson was on Late Night w/Joan Rivers in October 1986. She opened for Joan in Vegas in early 1987 and several more dates after that. She was on the afternoon show with Joan twice. I remember hearing about Bobby explaining how Mary discovered him and the Vancouvers.

woodward
06-24-2019, 11:02 AM
Has this Joan Rivers show ever appeared on YouTube? Maybe our YouTube expert, Marv 2 can locate it for us. I am still patiently awaiting to view the program.

Come on Marv, if anyone can do it, you can. Thank you.

marv2
06-24-2019, 12:39 PM
Has this Joan Rivers show ever appeared on YouTube? Maybe our YouTube expert, Marv 2 can locate it for us. I am still patiently awaiting to view the program.

Come on Marv, if anyone can do it, you can. Thank you.

There is a good chance now that it may show up soon. This channel called "MOR Music Clips" is now uploading dozens of clips daily with some being from the Joan Rivers Show. I'll keep an eye out for it.

luke
06-25-2019, 04:16 PM
I watched part of interview so far and was amazed at how articulate and gracious Mary was!

midnightman
06-25-2019, 04:53 PM
Wait, why did Bobby Taylor have a bodyguard?!