PDA

View Full Version : The best thing about Saturday night at home...

test

GrtGzu
06-30-2018, 09:58 PM
I revisited youtube, and once again found all of my "house-cleaning-tunes-to-clean-the-house" with...

You know - when you grab the stick to the mop and start "singing" into it as if it were a microphone....

I got with the Marvellettes, the Supremes, and I rocked out to the original of "Oh How Happy" that I hadn't heard since I was a kid and thought OH MY GOD!!!

I can't remember the last time I've shaken these "ol hips" o' mine, but I gotta tell ya, right now it feels mighty fine...

Mr. Gzu is a might upset right now, cuz I got the kitchen "swingin" 'bout now...and its dam near 10:00 pm, and I ain't nowhere NEAR gittin' this kitchen cleaned up...

DAM!!! RICK JAMES??? [[he loves this.. too bad he aint gonna hear this - LOVE THEM AND LEAVE THEM!! THAT'S WHAT I USED TO DO!!"

Note: Mr.Gzu spent a LOTTA time outdoors today working on cars in this awful heat while I stayed indoors and worked from home doing medical billing) and he's out like a light right now, so it's just me and the "large yellow dog", but I still gotta get this kitchen cleaned up before morning comes, cuz I don't like a messy kitchen..

Ok, gotta go right now....Teena Marie - I need to hear MORE....

mr_june
07-02-2018, 10:42 AM
Nothing like music for the occasion. It can lift the soul. God is good, all the time!

Jerry Oz
07-02-2018, 11:03 AM
It's a great time to be a lover of music. I've got so many songs on my computer right now that I can put a key word in Media Center or Groove or iTunes and create a diverse and entertaining playlist. For example, I put in "trouble" and the following songs came up:

Troublesome '96 - Tupac
Bridge Over Troubled Water - Aretha Franklin
Lay Your Troubles Down - Commissioned
Trouble In Paradise - Huey Lewis & the News
Trouble Man - Marvin Gaye
Ole Man Trouble - Otis Redding
Trouble - P!nk
Trouble In Mind - Sam Cooke
Nobody Knows The Trouble I've Seen - Sam Cooke
Trouble Blues - Sam Cooke
I'll Be In Trouble - The Temptations
Drop The Bomb - Trouble Funk
Trouble In Mind - Amos Milbourne
Wrap Your Trouble In Dreams [[And Dream Your Troubles Away) - Sarah Vaughan
No Troubles Bubbles - Earl Bostic
Pride and Joy - Double Trouble
Bridge Over Troubled Water - Simon & Garfunkle

That's over an hour's worth of music based on one random key word. Gospel, classic soul, pop, folk, blues, jazz and Go-Go is all in there. It's fun to come up with random words just to see what playlist is generated.

nativeNY63
06-28-2019, 06:45 PM
Turning on the Hi-Fi, drop a stack-o-45s on the turntable and show Mom's how to do [[ fill in your fav stomper dance)��

arr&bee
06-28-2019, 07:49 PM
Haaaaaaaaaaa,i heard that,on those rare occasions that the wife ropes me into cleaning,i call five of my good buddies-otis,melvin-eddie-david-paul and we clean up real good,haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-past the mop!!

nativeNY63
06-29-2019, 06:26 PM
Cruising with the yunguns while The Gap Band is funking it up on the CD player. Heading to the local swimming pool.

arr&bee
06-29-2019, 06:53 PM
Now that's funky!!!