PDA

View Full Version : Ed Sheeran sued for allegedly copying Marvin Gaye hit 'Let's Get It On'

test

marv2
06-29-2018, 06:50 PM
https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/music/ed-sheeran-sued-allegedly-copying-marvin-gaye-hit-let-s-n887651

marv2
06-29-2018, 06:52 PM
I really hope that they go after him and make him pay!

marv2
06-29-2018, 06:55 PM
Late producer Ed Townsend, who co-wrote "Let's Get It On" with Marvin Gaye.

marv2
06-29-2018, 06:56 PM
Ed Sheeran sued again for allegedly ripping off Marvin Gaye's "Let's Get It On"

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ed-sheeran-sued-again-for-allegedly-ripping-off-marvin-gaye-lets-get-it-on-thinking-out-loud/

marv2
06-29-2018, 07:01 PM
I am very happy to see his video got 2.3 billion views. This is good for the Gaye and Townsend families cases.....!

PeaceNHarmony
06-29-2018, 08:08 PM
The Gaye family with another pathetic attempt to extort $ instead of doing something for their community or, God forbid, actually getting jobs. I used to expect them to sue me for singing along to MG music but for me they have tarnished his legacy forever.

marv2
06-29-2018, 08:16 PM
The Gaye family with another pathetic attempt to extort $ instead of doing something for their community or, God forbid, actually getting jobs. I used to expect them to sue me for singing along to MG music but for me they have tarnished his legacy forever.

I hope they get him good in the name of their father! I hope the Townsend's clean his clock! I get tired of these so-called artists ripping off the legends, making a ton of money and not paying up!

PeaceNHarmony
06-29-2018, 08:25 PM
There should really be a separate forum for the Gaye family's frivolous lawsuits so the rest of us don't have to be offended by the Gaye family's vulgar and avaricious cupidity.

marv2
06-29-2018, 08:31 PM
There should really be a separate forum for the Gaye family's frivolous lawsuits so the rest of us don't have to be offended by the Gaye family's vulgar and avaricious cupidity.

Yeah, you feel that way, but the top 1% of wealthy families in America did not "earn" most of their wealth. It was inherited! When it comes to Marvin Gaye's family, they need to work and not benefit from their father's work? GTFO! Marvin III cannot work. He is on kidney dialysis which classifies him as disabled.

PeaceNHarmony
06-30-2018, 06:47 AM
... I hear The Family has letters of intent to sue prepared for JS Bach and Anne Murray.

midnightman
06-30-2018, 04:36 PM
Okay but the Gaye family ain't suing Ed Sheeran here so I don't know how they're actually ruining his legacy? That's a bit hyperbole imho.

There's a third party suing Sheeran [[notice his co-writer Amy Wadge ain't being sued). Ed Townsend's estate [[mainly his daughter, I think) sued Sheeran the first time, Marvin's family have barely responded to this in no fashion. Besides from Blurred Lines and that attempt to sue Empire [[but that seems to be MG III's own doing there), how are people so quick to blame the Gaye family and estate?

https://78.media.tumblr.com/dc1b6f1ba36b79a8f262371354c9e400/tumblr_inline_pb2mdn1J9t1vsh8tg_400.gif

luke
06-30-2018, 10:42 PM
Good question! Some people just seem to have it in for children of successful people. Seems almost like envy to me. I wish Florence Ballard’s kids could find a good lawyer.