PDA

View Full Version : Spinners as backing vocals.

test

woodward
06-29-2018, 09:51 AM
The following was included in I Hear a Symphony by Andrew Flory.

"The Rayber Voices, the Love Tones, and the Spinners provided backing vocals on many sessions in the second half of the decade [60's]"

I was unaware of them performing for others. Does anyone know what songs they backed?

Thanks.

reese
06-29-2018, 10:03 AM
I've read that they did some backing vocals on the Supremes' MERRY CHRISTMAS album, and also some Marvin and Tammi and / or Tammi Terrell solo material.

heikki
06-29-2018, 12:15 PM
Hi!

Billy Henderson: "We did background almost for everybody - Tammi and Marvin, Mary Wells... almost everybody. We would even do some things like hand-claps for the Four Tops."

Henry Fambrough: "First we were just rehearsing and recording background for Motown --- They needed background singers and we were available."

Bobbie Smith: "We were on a lot of Marvin stuff. I know Pervis did Shorty Long's 'Here Comes the Judge' - that was Pervis doing the judge part."
[[Soul Express: The Spinners Story, part 2 - 1964-70)

Best regards
Heikki

TomatoTom123
06-29-2018, 05:48 PM
Bobbie Smith: "We were on a lot of Marvin stuff. I know Pervis did Shorty Long's 'Here Comes the Judge' - that was Pervis doing the judge part."
[[Soul Express: The Spinners Story, part 2 - 1964-70)

Never knew that! So that's who the judge is! Thanks Heikki

marv2
06-29-2018, 05:58 PM
The Spinners and the Originals did a lot of background work for Motown.

BayouMotownMan
06-30-2018, 03:13 PM
The Spinners are behind Jr Walker and Johnny Bristol on What Does It Take To Win Your Love. The Originals are backing Marvin Gaye on You and Chained