PDA

View Full Version : New music?

test

marybrewster
06-26-2018, 12:12 AM
Diana is back on the charts with a remix of a classic. This just on the heels of another remix of another classic.

Mary has a tune that's been given its 275th dance mix. Next up is some Gus tracks from the 80's.

Scherrie has a "new" CD with 10 and 20 year old songs.

Will any of the former Supremes ever record something new?

Bluebrock
06-26-2018, 02:20 AM
Diana is back on the charts with a remix of a classic. This just on the heels of another remix of another classic.

Mary has a tune that's been given its 275th dance mix. Next up is some Gus tracks from the 80's.

Scherrie has a "new" CD with 10 and 20 year old songs.

Will any of the former Supremes ever record something new?
I have been told by a fairly reliable source that Diana has indeed been in the studio recently, but i was going to keep quiet until i had it verified by someone closer. I have yet to receive that official confirmation, but i remain hopeful. Watch this space.

marybrewster
06-26-2018, 10:53 AM
I have been told by a fairly reliable source that Diana has indeed been in the studio recently, but i was going to keep quiet until i had it verified by someone closer. I have yet to receive that official confirmation, but i remain hopeful. Watch this space.

Thank you for at least giving some hope! I can't believe it's been almost a decade since Diana's "I Love You" and almost TWO since "Everyday is a New Day". This releasing something every 10 years just isn't cutting it!

bradsupremes
06-26-2018, 01:13 PM
There’s been rumors for years Diana has been recording new tracks. She seems to be on a kick lately with having some of her hits giving dance remixes which I’m no fan of. Give me the originals over cheap dance beats.

sup_fan
06-26-2018, 02:35 PM
if they actually did something interesting with a remix, it might be worthwhile. I'm not a real fan of the version of the Boss on the Diana Remix album back in the early 90s but at least the work attempting to do something with it. I do enjoy the various remixes of Until We Meet Again.

marybrewster
06-26-2018, 03:39 PM
I suppose the saying goes that everything old is new again. Diana has had success with her remixes because they were strong, recognizable songs to begin with.

Jimi LaLumia
06-26-2018, 04:50 PM
as Dr. Frank en Furter says in ROCKY HORROR, "I didn't make him for YOU!"..
the extended dance remixes from the hit album "Diamond Diana" are aimed at the young club going LGBT audience which has been a major base for the Supremes since before the phrase LGBT was even a possibility; introducing the young ones who go out and spend money to classics they were oblivious to..until now!

carlo
06-27-2018, 04:14 PM
Yes, Diana is always in the studio...but whether she chooses to release the recording[[s) and whether a label decides to pick it up for release is an entirely different story altogether. I seem to recall that she mentioned during one of her HSN appearances in December that Fred White, her long-time backup vocalist, had written her another original song [[he wrote "I Love You [[And That's All That Really Matters)" for the I Love You album in 2006). She said they recorded the track and it was up to Universal as to whether they wanted to include it on the Diamond Diana collection, but they opted for the remix instead. I also remember Rhonda doing an interview several years ago, where she mentioned her mother had written a song for Raif when he was born and that she would possibly record it and release it. Nothing came of it. Based on these tidbits, it would not surprise me if Diana records from time to time, since she used to have a studio in her home years ago. A lot of artists are always trying new things and experimenting. But again, whether it gets released is a totally different story. Would be nice to get something new from her, as she still mentions she loves being in the recording studio...

khansperac
06-27-2018, 04:52 PM
I think that Diana okaying these remixed releases is part of a master plan to get her back on the charts, And getting her name back out there and noticed by record labels for a future signing and release of new music. Reaching number one on the Billboard dance chart, along with the lifetime achievement award at the American music awards is laying the foundation for some sort of come back.