PDA

View Full Version : Really Unsung?!

test

jboy88
06-24-2018, 09:30 PM
B.B. King! The king of the Blues! World Renouned music legend. C'mon TVONE, we can find some obscure blues musicians to highlight.

marv2
06-24-2018, 09:58 PM
They are kidding right? BB King? Loved B.B., but he is World famous and hardly unsung. They are doing it for the ratings.

jboy88
06-24-2018, 11:19 PM
This is why they need to do a spin-off to showcase the icons. The whole point of Unsung was to tell the stories of artists whose mainstream presence DIDN’T maintain past their heyday. B.B. may not be hear physically, but musically, he’s not going anywhere no time soon.

arr&bee
06-24-2018, 11:51 PM
Some of these yungins probably don't know who b.b. Is.

Ngroove
06-25-2018, 12:23 AM
Still worlds better than the now-long recent partiality of more and more rap groups that Unsung shows today.

Nowadays, out of every season, I could only watch, maybe one - two episodes, the actual good ones from the fifties - eighties, and B.B. King is a name I respect over the rap episodes.

midnightman
06-25-2018, 12:59 AM
I didn't even watch it lol

But I might lmao

Guess since they did one on Bobby Bland, they had to do a sequel despite the fact that B.B. had been a legend since 1970 when "The Thrill Is Gone" became a hit lmao

marv2
06-25-2018, 10:57 AM
I didn't even watch it lol

But I might lmao

Guess since they did one on Bobby Bland, they had to do a sequel despite the fact that B.B. had been a legend since 1970 when "The Thrill Is Gone" became a hit lmao

B.B. King has been a legend since the 1950s when my Mom was in high school. His first #1 record was "3 O'Clock Blues" in 1951.

Jerry Oz
06-25-2018, 03:15 PM
My only issue with "Unsung" is how they try to tell a lifetime of someone's story in 43 minutes. They leave out more important and influential moments than they leave in. I still like the show but I take it with a grain of salt when it's over and they didn't touch on things that I knew about. If you are a B.B. King fan, check out "The Life of Riley". It was on Netflix a year ago but I'm sure you can find it elsewhere now. This is a very comprehensive retrospective on a life well lived.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRVJ75BjKKM

midnightman
06-25-2018, 03:41 PM
My only issue with "Unsung" is how they try to tell a lifetime of someone's story in 43 minutes. They leave out more important and influential moments than they leave in. I still like the show but I take it with a grain of salt when it's over and they didn't touch on things that I knew about. If you are a B.B. King fan, check out "The Life of Riley". It was on Netflix a year ago but I'm sure you can find it elsewhere now. This is a very comprehensive retrospective on a life well lived.

Remember when the show was about those whose time in the limelight was too short to make an impact?

But then again even in the FIRST season, they had legends like DeBarge, Phyllis Hyman, Donny Hathaway and the Clark Sisters! So IDK!

marv2
06-25-2018, 04:28 PM

Thanks Jerry. I'll check it out. I went to see B.B. King in May 2013 for the last time. Great show.

Jerry Oz
06-26-2018, 06:57 PM
Remember when the show was about those whose time in the limelight was too short to make an impact?

But then again even in the FIRST season, they had legends like DeBarge, Phyllis Hyman, Donny Hathaway and the Clark Sisters! So IDK!I can see where a lot of the younger music fans might want to see those stories. My issue is just that it's like you get a taste of something without getting to enjoy everything that needs to be told. It's the video version of a Wikipedia page. It's better for showing when groups' or artists' hits came about and showing some of their families commenting on what they were going through at the time. Every episode could be two and a half hours long and still leave tons out. Instead of calling it "Unsung", they should call it "Whatever Happened To...?"

marv2
06-26-2018, 08:44 PM
I can see where a lot of the younger music fans might want to see those stories. My issue is just that it's like you get a taste of something without getting to enjoy everything that needs to be told. It's the video version of a Wikipedia page. It's better for showing when groups' or artists' hits came about and showing some of their families commenting on what they were going through at the time. Every episode could be two and a half hours long and still leave tons out. Instead of calling it "Unsung", they should call it "Whatever Happened To...?"

Or simply...."Legends!"