PDA

View Full Version : Candi Staton's NEW SONG!

test

TomatoTom123
06-24-2018, 07:21 PM
I just found out that Candi Staton has released a new song by the name of "Confidence"... from her upcoming album Unstoppable... it's very funky, and I love it!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0wGgXIa4iM

daviddesper
06-24-2018, 11:23 PM
Wish some of these whippersnappers out there today knew that THIS is the way to make music. Thanks for sharing!

soulster
06-24-2018, 11:36 PM
I really like the song, but the one thing that kills it for me is the sound quality. The EQ is strange, and I don't like the sound of the drums at all. It sounds like a veil is over the sound.

I wish someone could go back to making recordings the way they did in the 70s.

Yeah, I can see the majority of the eyes here rolling, but sound quality matters.

Wish some of these whippersnappers out there today knew that THIS is the way to make music. Thanks for sharing!
But, it doesn't appeal to them. They are too used to sound made in the computer, having everything sound like it should be played in a nightclub, and having rapping on it.

Boogiedown
06-25-2018, 02:52 AM
Candi does Mavis. Both in vocal style and song theme.

REEEESPECT YOURSELF!!!

PeaceNHarmony
06-25-2018, 08:20 AM
Thanks, Tom! Here's more news about the release from Rolling Stone -

https://www.rollingstone.com/country/news/hear-candi-statons-funky-new-song-confidence-w521889

TomatoTom123
06-25-2018, 08:01 PM

Yo' welcome david! Glad you enjoyed!!!

TomatoTom123
06-25-2018, 08:04 PM
I really like the song, but the one thing that kills it for me is the sound quality. The EQ is strange, and I don't like the sound of the drums at all. It sounds like a veil is over the sound.

I wish someone could go back to making recordings the way they did in the 70s.

Yeah, I can see the majority of the eyes here rolling, but sound quality matters.

I can understand where you're coming from soulster. Sound quality is important to me but as long as it isn't totally dreadful [[to the point ruining of the song) I don't mind. I think the sound quality on this one is decent.

The song quality, however, is excellent :D

But, it doesn't appeal to them. They are too used to sound made in the computer, having everything sound like it should be played in a nightclub, and having rapping on it.

Now this I can't really disagree with. Except maybe that it appeals to at least one young whippersnapper I know. :p

TomatoTom123
06-25-2018, 08:05 PM
Candi does Mavis. Both in vocal style and song theme.

REEEESPECT YOURSELF!!!

Yes you're right boogie!!! Very much so!! Love it :D

TomatoTom123
06-25-2018, 08:10 PM
Thanks, Tom! Here's more news about the release from Rolling Stone -

https://www.rollingstone.com/country/news/hear-candi-statons-funky-new-song-confidence-w521889

Welcome PNH! Great lil article too. I downloaded Candi's Life Happens album yesterday as well and have liked it so far. Nice, retro and soulful. :D