PDA

View Full Version : Kaaren's items for auction

test

marybrewster
06-19-2018, 10:45 PM
Times must be tough for the SOS; looks as though Kaaren Ragland had a storage locker of personal items auctioned off.

A seller on eBay has listed some items:

Gown

https://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Supremes-Kaaren-Ragland-Vintage-Victoria-Royal-Pink-Stage-Outfit-Size-14/312151880657?hash=item48adb3b3d1:g:uqMAAOSwvKha4~w 4

Cancelled Checks

https://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Supremes-Kaaren-Ragland-Cancelled-Checks-Signed-Autographed-Lot-of-4/312145655624?hash=item48ad54b748:g:upMAAOSw6qpa5AV R

3 Degrees Autograph

https://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Three-Degrees-Signed-Auto-Press-Photo-to-The-Supremes-Kaaren-Ragland-8x10/312151880646?hash=item48adb3b3c6:g:hLUAAOSwLjRa5A5 m

bradsupremes
06-19-2018, 11:08 PM
Starting bid for canceled checks is $40?! I have used kleenex worth more than that.

And who the hell writes a check to the cleaners for $7.14?

midnightman
06-19-2018, 11:17 PM
No offense but I didn't even know she was still alive.

Roberta75
06-20-2018, 12:04 AM
Maybe the sellers Billy Wilson LOL

marybrewster
06-20-2018, 02:32 AM
Roberta; you win! LOL!

BigAl
06-20-2018, 09:34 AM
Starting bid for canceled checks is $40?! I have used kleenex worth more than that.
Has she no shame?

midnightman
06-20-2018, 09:44 AM
Maybe the sellers Billy Wilson LOL

LMAO ;)

I bet it was! :D

RanRan79
06-20-2018, 11:03 AM
The only thing even remotely worth anything is the 3 Degrees autograph, and that's cheapened by the inscription to that trash. And who the hell wants her cancelled checks? And who in the hell wants that fugly ass gown? The seller didn't specify, but is that something she wore while singing backup for Mary? It looks horrible and way out of date for the late 70s/early 80s. For a moment I thought she might have stolen one of the old Supremes gowns from the 60s, but it looks too cheap. I have a feeling these items will close for bidding without a single bid.

thanxal
06-20-2018, 11:42 AM
Wouldn't someone have to know WHO she is for any of this to be worth anything? Or is there a market for parking lot players that I don't know about?

Circa 1824
06-20-2018, 12:01 PM
This kind of desperation suggests she is either behind in her mortgage or hooked on drugs.

RanRan79
06-20-2018, 02:17 PM
Wouldn't someone have to know WHO she is for any of this to be worth anything? Or is there a market for parking lot players that I don't know about?

I'm assuming the seller thinks there's a market for this crap among Supremes fans because of her association with Mary and the Supremes name. Mary's gown, especially if it were a Supremes gown, would probably have some takers. But I doubt if the cancelled checks of Mary Wilson would even sale [[unless they were made out to Diana and had "bitch" written in the memo), so what in the world would make someone think the cancelled checks of Mary's background singer would net 40 bucks? 99.9 percent of diehard Supremes fans wouldn't pay 40 cent to see this lady sing, let alone the prices they're charging for her crap. It's not even good crap. She'd done better [[or whomever is selling it) putting it on the curb with a "free" sign stuck on it. And the only item that would have a chance even on the curb is the 3 Degrees autograph and that would be picked up by someone who stopped because they thought it was the Pointer Sisters and decided to take it anyway.

lakeside
06-20-2018, 05:20 PM
https://www.google.com/maps/place/300+33rd+St,+Manhattan+Beach,+CA+90266/@33.8985407,-118.4164394,3a,76.3y,150.32h,90.14t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s_0e7LN3vxJ7KwMPhuDKuyg!2e0!7i1 6384!8i8192!4m5!3m4!1s0x80c2b3de277546f7:0xd0cc3a5 c2438a1b0!8m2!3d33.8984432!4d-118.4163976
From the looks of her address when those checks were written....didn't look like
those parking lot gigs were paying big bucks. Hey....I think I saw Shantel Baker
looking out the next door window!

PeaceNHarmony
06-20-2018, 07:23 PM

Someone who doesn't have $7.14, apparently. I scanned the auction for a pot but apparently she hasn't got one...

marybrewster
06-20-2018, 08:51 PM
Tenement slum!

marybrewster
06-20-2018, 08:54 PM
What's interesting to me is that the seller [[or eBay?) would allow the posting of a Wells Fargo checking account number. There's of course the possibility that this # has changed or is no longer active, however working in banking, it's not uncommon for a customer to have the same account for 20/30/40 years.

bradsupremes
06-20-2018, 10:26 PM
Does anyone have a Wikipedia account so they can change Kaaaaren's page. I'm willing to bet she's got this locked so no one can change the info about her being Mary's backup singer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaaren_Ragland

I tried to find upcoming shows for them and couldn't find anything.

milven
06-20-2018, 11:01 PM
What would you change? She was Mary's backup singer. But she was not a Supreme when she backed Mary. And neither was Mary. Mary was a former Supreme. Wikopedia says this:

It was Motown Records's intention to disband The Supremes in 1977, however, former Supreme Mary Wilson decided to continue working with the group as she was inspired by the number 1 UK album of The Supremes greatest hits. Wilson hired Ragland for concert tours in the United Kingdom, Europe, South East Asia and Australia during 1978, continuing throughout the 80's until she sold all her rights back to Motown. Mary had continued to tour with Ragland and other group members performing in the US, Canada, South America, Japan and Europe. Ragland 's final tour with Wilson took place in March and April 1989.

Mary did not continue to work with the group. She worked with the group's name. The two members of the Motown Supremes that Mary left did not want to appear with Mary as the Supremes after her Farewell from the group. So Mary hired Kaaaaaaarn as a back up singer. I think Mary billed herself as Mary Wilson and the Supremes.

Kaaaaaren was never a Supreme. She was a backup singer for a former Supreme and took that little footnote and tried to create a career as a former legitimate Supreme. She never was and we Supreme fans know that

thanxal
06-20-2018, 11:55 PM
I'm assuming the seller thinks there's a market for this crap among Supremes fans because of her association with Mary and the Supremes name. Mary's gown, especially if it were a Supremes gown, would probably have some takers. But I doubt if the cancelled checks of Mary Wilson would even sale [[unless they were made out to Diana and had "bitch" written in the memo), so what in the world would make someone think the cancelled checks of Mary's background singer would net 40 bucks? 99.9 percent of diehard Supremes fans wouldn't pay 40 cent to see this lady sing, let alone the prices they're charging for her crap. It's not even good crap. She'd done better [[or whomever is selling it) putting it on the curb with a "free" sign stuck on it. And the only item that would have a chance even on the curb is the 3 Degrees autograph and that would be picked up by someone who stopped because they thought it was the Pointer Sisters and decided to take it anyway.
Whoops. I must admit a mistake here. When I read about Kaaren, I confused her with Chantal. I was thinking about Chantal when I wrote that comment. My sincerest apologies to everyone. [Edit: or is it Shantal?].

RanRan79
06-21-2018, 09:07 AM
Whoops. I must admit a mistake here. When I read about Kaaren, I confused her with Chantal. I was thinking about Chantal when I wrote that comment. My sincerest apologies to everyone. [Edit: or is it Shantal?].

Kaaren, Shantel...what's the difference? They're both the same kind of trash.

Pandakins
06-21-2018, 02:42 PM
Is Kaaren still touring with the Sounds of the Supremes? I had tickets to see them about 3 years' ago in Milton Keynes [[UK) but the tour was cancelled a few days in advance and money refunded, but no explanation.

lakeside
06-21-2018, 03:46 PM
http://www.gewaldmanagement.com/performer/sounds-of-the-supremes/

Good Lord.....now she's being billed as 'The ORIGINAL Supreme'....pleeeeez!

midnightman
06-21-2018, 04:24 PM
Betcha Mary regrets hiring that trollop now!

marybrewster
06-21-2018, 06:27 PM
http://www.gewaldmanagement.com/performer/sounds-of-the-supremes/

Good Lord.....now she's being billed as 'The ORIGINAL Supreme'....pleeeeez!

What does it say about your own management company when they spell your name wrong? "Original Supreme: Karen".

bradsupremes
06-21-2018, 07:01 PM
Press Release - June 21, 2018

Announcing the Return To Fraud tour! For the first ever, oriental Subpreme Karin Hagland and former Subpreme Chantel Bakker are reuniting for a summer tour across the parking lots of Wal-Mart’s in Wisconsin. Listen to their hits like “Love Is Like An Itching In My Crotch,” “Your Fart Belongs To Me,” “Up The Ladder To The Gutter.” Tangela Flowers will be joining the ladies on this exciting tour. Get your tickets today as only a handful of 35 year old rusty lawn chairs are available. It’s sure to be a sellout.

Tour financed by the Karin Hagland eBay Memorabilia Sale.

PeaceNHarmony
06-21-2018, 08:11 PM
What would you change? She was Mary's backup singer. But she was not a Supreme when she backed Mary. And neither was Mary. Mary was a former Supreme. Wikopedia says this:

It was Motown Records's intention to disband The Supremes in 1977, however, former Supreme Mary Wilson decided to continue working with the group as she was inspired by the number 1 UK album of The Supremes greatest hits. Wilson hired Ragland for concert tours in the United Kingdom, Europe, South East Asia and Australia during 1978, continuing throughout the 80's until she sold all her rights back to Motown. Mary had continued to tour with Ragland and other group members performing in the US, Canada, South America, Japan and Europe. Ragland 's final tour with Wilson took place in March and April 1989.

Mary did not continue to work with the group. She worked with the group's name. The two members of the Motown Supremes that Mary left did not want to appear with Mary as the Supremes after her Farewell from the group. So Mary hired Kaaaaaaarn as a back up singer. I think Mary billed herself as Mary Wilson and the Supremes.

Kaaaaaren was never a Supreme. She was a backup singer for a former Supreme and took that little footnote and tried to create a career as a former legitimate Supreme. She never was and we Supreme fans know that
Interesting. I actually thought Wilson owned the Supremes name. Seems like she can't make a good business decision to save her life. I always wondered why she beats the name 'Supremes' to death but does not tour with Supremes. Now I know -

Circa 1824
06-21-2018, 08:39 PM
"I actually thought Wilson owned the Supremes name. Seems like she can't make a good business decision to save her life."

I would say the same about Diana and Flo. Not an ounce of business sense in any of them.

lakeside
06-21-2018, 10:53 PM
What does it say about your own management company when they spell your name wrong? "Original Supreme: Karen".

I noticed that, too. But....like who's reading....or caring? That management
co. has a real attention to detail, but, look who they're managing. Wonder if
they also manage the 'other' ORIGINAL Supreme...Shantel Baker?

RanRan79
06-21-2018, 10:53 PM
Betcha Mary regrets hiring that trollop now!

Uh, I think she added that to her list of regrets years ago.

RanRan79
06-21-2018, 10:59 PM
Press Release - June 21, 2018

Announcing the Return To Fraud tour! For the first ever, oriental Subpreme Karin Hagland and former Subpreme Chantel Bakker are reuniting for a summer tour across the parking lots of Wal-Mart’s in Wisconsin. Listen to their hits like “Love Is Like An Itching In My Crotch,” “Your Fart Belongs To Me,” “Up The Ladder To The Gutter.” Tangela Flowers will be joining the ladies on this exciting tour. Get your tickets today as only a handful of 35 year old rusty lawn chairs are available. It’s sure to be a sellout.

Tour financed by the Karin Hagland eBay Memorabilia Sale.

Aww man I can't wait!!! I hope they do some of my favs like "Nothing But Heartburn", "A Shit Taking Guy", "I'm Livin In Shit", and my absolute fav, "I'm Gonna Make You F**k Me". And of course any time they do "Fart In My Arms Again", it just gets the party started. I'm definitely hitting this show up.

TomatoTom123
06-22-2018, 08:41 AM
I feel kinda sorry for this lady. :[[

midnightman
06-22-2018, 02:00 PM
Uh, I think she added that to her list of regrets years ago.

I know that. I'm just saying from the last post about her saying she was an "original" Supreme lol

thanxal
06-22-2018, 03:37 PM
I feel kinda sorry for this lady. :[[
I do too.....

LoveSupreme
07-19-2018, 01:27 PM
I'm laughing my ass off because every time someone writes Kaaren's name in this thread they add another 'a' to her name...I can't wit you people...hilarious!

It's just shameful that this woman is trying to make a dollar off of the name of a group she was never a part of!

She has the audacity to bill herself as 70s and 80s Supreme Kaaren Ragland. Chile please! Bye Girl!

Circa 1824
07-19-2018, 01:44 PM
It's just shameful that this woman is trying to make a dollar off of the name of a group she was never a part of!

Yes, that is bad, but so is Mary singing Diana's lead vocal, and singing songs she was never part of recording. Mary never makes a disclaimer, nor does Karen. Both do what they do to pay the mortgage.

luke
07-19-2018, 02:20 PM
brad...that was hysterical!

marybrewster
07-19-2018, 03:43 PM

Yes, that is bad, but so is Mary singing Diana's lead vocal, and singing songs she was never part of recording. Mary never makes a disclaimer, nor does Karen. Both do what they do to pay the mortgage.

But what about Cindy, Jean, Lynda, Sherrie, and Susaye? Every single one of them has sung "Diana's lead vocal, and singing songs [[they were) never part of recording." NONE never make a disclaimer. ALL do what they do "to pay the mortgage."

midnightman
07-19-2018, 05:11 PM
I'm laughing my ass off because every time someone writes Kaaren's name in this thread they add another 'a' to her name...I can't wit you people...hilarious!

She has the audacity to bill herself as 70s and 80s Supreme Kaaren Ragland. Chile please! Bye Girl!

I just wish a court told her "look you were never a Supreme in the 17 years that group existed so just shut up."

It's like trying to convince a court you're the illegitimate daughter of Marvin Gaye with NO PROOF you even shared his DNA! :rolleyes:

midnightman
07-19-2018, 05:12 PM

MARY WILSON WAS THE ONLY CONSISTENT SUPREME FOR 17 YEARS! Why wouldn't she sing songs that she MOSTLY sung on with three other girls? What kind of logic is that, dude?! As pointed out, the other women sing songs that were led by other members. Should they be looked on with the same vitriol you give Mary? Chill, booboo.

marybrewster
07-19-2018, 10:38 PM
MARY WILSON WAS THE ONLY CONSISTENT SUPREME FOR 17 YEARS! Why wouldn't she sing songs that she MOSTLY sung on with three other girls? What kind of logic is that, dude?! As pointed out, the other women sing songs that were led by other members. Should they be looked on with the same vitriol you give Mary? Chill, booboo.

This is why we'll never ever be able to have decent conversations on SDF about anything related to the Supremes. Someone always has to get shitty about Mary or Diana.

And notice.....no response.

midnightman
07-20-2018, 03:09 PM
This is why we'll never ever be able to have decent conversations on SDF about anything related to the Supremes. Someone always has to get shitty about Mary or Diana.

And notice.....no response.

Of course. People just wanna troll for no good reason especially if they have hate for any Supreme. It's old and tiresome at this point.

antceleb12
07-20-2018, 07:09 PM
I don't know what can make this attempt at cashing in on the Supremes legacy sadder. Maybe this depressing display of foul fraudulence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mqz2VHgCR6E&itct=CAUQpDAYCCITCPC19pC-zNICFcnBnAodRREGszIHcmVsYXRlZEjEv7PR14Gx6dkB&app=desktop

midnightman
07-20-2018, 07:59 PM
I'm not gonna even hit play. It's just sad that woman thinks she's more important than what she was. Trying to claim she's a Supreme is like someone claiming to be Janet Jackson's child with James DeBarge, it just doesn't exist.