PDA

View Full Version : Barbara Martin has not passed.

test

luke
06-15-2018, 12:36 PM
This was just posted on the Diana Ross and Supremes expanded page.

marv2
06-15-2018, 01:09 PM
This was just posted on the Diana Ross and Supremes expanded page.

What was just posted ?

luke
06-15-2018, 01:21 PM
My heading for this thread. Barbara Martin has not passed.

marv2
06-15-2018, 01:48 PM
My heading for this thread. Barbara Martin has not passed.

Oh, ok cool

luke
06-15-2018, 02:43 PM
I wish people would fully check these things out before they post them. Can be upsetting person involved much less everyone else! And selling her stuff? Geez

sansradio
06-15-2018, 04:32 PM
Stuff like this is one of the main reasons I don't have a Facebook account. It's a cesspool of misinformation [[among other things).

marv2
06-15-2018, 05:13 PM
I wish people would fully check these things out before they post them. Can be upsetting person involved much less everyone else! And selling her stuff? Geez

That part was a little strange to me, because Barbara has a good size family in the Detroit area.

TomatoTom123
06-15-2018, 07:31 PM
Here are the other threads relating to Barbara:

https://soulfuldetroit.com/showthread.php?13238-Where-is-Barbara-Martin

https://soulfuldetroit.com/showthread.php?21308-Barbara-Martin-Has-Passed

marybrewster
06-15-2018, 09:31 PM
Perhaps this can also be a lesson in tact. "Barbara Martin is dead" could certainly be rephrased with a little more empathy. Then to list sites where her items can be purchased is a bit tacky.

danman869
06-15-2018, 10:32 PM
Stuff like this is one of the main reasons I don't have a Facebook account. It's a cesspool of misinformation [[among other things).

I'm not going to say that Facebook is perfect, nor that you should sign up for an account, however the "Barbara Martin Is Dead" statement came from a post here made by Billy Wilson, who stated that she was dead and he had purchased some of her belongings from a storage facility. Don't blame Facebook. Blame Mr. Wilson.

midnightman
06-16-2018, 12:24 AM
So Billy Wilson was a liar.

I rather a relative of Barbara Martin confirm it rather than some loser from a Motown Facebook page.

jobeterob
06-16-2018, 01:13 AM

I rather a relative of Barbara Martin confirm it rather than some loser from a Motown Facebook page.

I think at least Billy Wilson thinks or maybe used to think he was a big wheel in th Motown world

But big wheels get in ruts and fall off too

Roberta75
06-16-2018, 05:54 AM

This is the same Billy Wilson who appeared with a fake group of marvelettes in Michigan a few years back. Kat Anderson Schaffner and the son of Gladys Horton ere real uupset over that one. What kind of person announces someones passing and in the next sentence hawks the alleged perons merchandise. Than God Ms Martin still with us.

PeaceNHarmony
06-16-2018, 07:07 AM
This is the same Billy Wilson who appeared with a fake group of marvelettes in Michigan a few years back. Kat Anderson Schaffner and the son of Gladys Horton ere real uupset over that one. What kind of person announces someones passing and in the next sentence hawks the alleged perons merchandise. Than God Ms Martin still with us.
What kind? The trashy kind! Have a nice weekend, Ms. Roberta!

Roberta75
06-16-2018, 10:40 AM
What kind? The trashy kind! Have a nice weekend, Ms. Roberta!

You too my dear. ❤️

midnightman
06-16-2018, 12:08 PM

Ah!!! I see.

Ugh. They should get rid of that guy smh

And yes thank God she's still with us.

dvus7
06-16-2018, 12:39 PM
That part was a little strange to me, because Barbara has a good size family in the Detroit area.

How do you know this????? your credibility is shaky!!!

RanRan79
06-18-2018, 11:45 AM
Well this is great news!! So glad Barbara is still with us. Hopefully this is a lesson for Billy to also turn over every stone before making these kinds of announcements.

soulster
06-18-2018, 02:37 PM
How do you know this????? your credibility is shaky!!!

It's interesting: Marv hasn't posted here in days. Everyone's relaxed and feels free, yet you are still making digs at him. Everyone's been wondering how the DRATS fans would behave once their alibi for lashing out was removed.

luke
06-18-2018, 03:50 PM
Right soulster. And Marv has often given very reliable info regardless of his opinions about some things!

soulster
06-18-2018, 06:38 PM
That's correct, Luke. Now we get to find out some peoples' real reason for being here is.

midnightman
06-18-2018, 07:41 PM
Anyway, it's good Barbara is still alive and around with us.