PDA

View Full Version : Barbara Martin Has Passed

test

RanRan79
06-15-2018, 09:45 AM
Per Billy Wilson of the Motown Alumni Association. It was posted in a Barbara Martin thread in the main Motown forum but I thought I'd repost it for those who may skip the main thread.

Hello everyone. Barbara Diane Martin is dead. The exact date is not currently known, but I recently acquired ALL of her personal items from a storage sale! Officially she went under Diane Martin officially. She also worked with and for Motown up to the 80's when Motown was bought. As many of you know, she was the 4th original member of the SUPREMES. She left because she had gotten pregnant! The grueling traveling & touring would have been very tough for her at the time, even though her then husband was ok with her being with the group.
We [[The Motown Alumni Association) will be selling some of her BELONGINGS on: http://MotorcityBourique.com, and http://Offerup.com. We will also offer a letter of authenticity with each item sold, where it come from and how we acquired the possessions. For those of you that don't know who I am, I'm Billy Wilson, president of the Motown Alumni Association. We are the biggest advocacy group for the Motown stars in the world, and have been in business since 1995. You can contact me at:
Mybillybilly@yahoo.com

RanRan79
06-15-2018, 09:47 AM
Barbara's time in the group was short and of course she missed being world famous with the other three, but for me, as a lover of the early recordings, Barbara always held a special place in my heart because of that involvement. She was as Supreme as any of the other ladies in my book.

midnightman
06-15-2018, 10:17 AM
Aww. RIP.

Did they say what she died of? Was it just natural causes? She just celebrated her 75th birthday too.

So this makes her the second official Supreme to die, some 42 years after Flo Ballard...

thanxal
06-15-2018, 10:27 AM
How incredibly sad. May she Rest In Peace.

RanRan79
06-15-2018, 10:52 AM
Did they say what she died of? Was it just natural causes?

I'm guessing this is all the information that Billy knows. I wonder if Diana and Mary know about it. I would think either of them would've said something if they did.

marv2
06-15-2018, 11:07 AM
Well I did get the chance to see and hear her sing a tiny bit back in 1994. She was an original Supreme and one of the Primettes. Rest in peace Barbara......thanks.

Marv

alanbill1074
06-15-2018, 11:57 AM
Once a Supreme always a Supreme. God bless Barbara.

marv2
06-15-2018, 01:14 PM
Update, Barbara is still alive according to a new thread. Great.