PDA

View Full Version : The Legends Of Motown: The Temptations, The Four Tops wsg The Stylistics

test

marv2
06-13-2018, 06:28 PM
This should be very good:

https://michronicleonline.com/2018/06/11/the-legends-of-motown-the-temptations-the-four-tops-wsg-the-stylistics/

Luciano
06-13-2018, 10:26 PM
I agree. I think it's great to see the Stylistics are still out there performing and they added them to the line-up. I feel like they are so unrated.

marv2
06-13-2018, 11:04 PM
I agree. I think it's great to see the Stylistics are still out there performing and they added them to the line-up. I feel like they are so unrated.

True. I saw Russell and the Stylistics about 2 years ago and they were excellent!

lockhartgary
06-14-2018, 12:00 AM
Looks like this is the lineup of the Stylistics. They sound great!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRWC0zhdUPI

midnightman
06-14-2018, 06:19 PM
No Russell [['sup, ratjr), no Stylistics lol

marv2
06-14-2018, 08:23 PM
Looks like this is the lineup of the Stylistics. They sound great!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRWC0zhdUPI

That's Aaron's group.

Roberta75
06-14-2018, 08:26 PM
No Russell [['sup, ratjr), no Stylistics lol

LOL. And where do they get being billed legends of Motown. Werent the Stylistics from Philly?

lockhartgary
06-14-2018, 08:38 PM
LOL. And where do they get being billed legends of Motown. Werent the Stylistics from Philly?

Yes, the Stylistics are from Philly.
There were conversations on this forum [[IIRC) where people stated that some people lumped all Black music from the 60s and 70s as "Motown". Wonder if this is one of those cases?

marv2
06-14-2018, 09:13 PM
Yes, the Stylistics are from Philly.
There were conversations on this forum [[IIRC) where people stated that some people lumped all Black music from the 60s and 70s as "Motown". Wonder if this is one of those cases?

Lockhartgary, the billing of this show is "The Legends Of Motown: The Temptations, The Four Tops Wsg [[With Special Guests) The Stylistics". They are not calling the Stylistics "Motown Legends" The article is from The Michigan Chronicle. It is the local paper for the black community of Detroit that everyone from Motown that grew up in Detroit grew up reading and that includes the majority of their staff. They know.........

lockhartgary
06-15-2018, 02:37 PM
Lockhartgary, the billing of this show is "The Legends Of Motown: The Temptations, The Four Tops Wsg [[With Special Guests) The Stylistics". They are not calling the Stylistics "Motown Legends" The article is from The Michigan Chronicle. It is the local paper for the black community of Detroit that everyone from Motown that grew up in Detroit grew up reading and that includes the majority of their staff. They know.........

That makes perfect sense. Thanks, Marv.

marv2
06-15-2018, 03:42 PM
That makes perfect sense. Thanks, Marv.

You are most welcome Lockhartgary!

midnightman
06-16-2018, 12:28 AM
Special guests...

Jesus...

You think for a group that paved the way for the Philly Sound would be headliners on their own tour?

But like I said, looks like a Russell Thompson, Jr.-sans Stylistics group so it might include SOME of the original members [[don't know if they're still all alive). I hope they're on an episode of Unsung so we can find out!

lockhartgary
06-16-2018, 02:05 PM
Special guests...
But like I said, looks like a Russell Thompson, Jr.-sans Stylistics group so it might include SOME of the original members [[don't know if they're still all alive). I hope they're on an episode of Unsung so we can find out!

2 of the guys from the current touring group are original members: Airrion Love and Herbie Murrell