PDA

View Full Version : Defects [[Skips) on Tammi's Solo Collection CD's

test

positivesoul
02-10-2011, 10:36 AM
Wondering if anyone else has experienced this? I purchased one set for my brother from Amazon. He immediately complained of skips on Disk 2. I pretty much dismissed this, thinking it must be his player since the product was factory sealed.

I started noticing on my own disk that a portion of "Don't Let Me Be Lonely" contained a glitch that I assumed was part of the original mastering process. Now out of curiosity I listened to this great song on Youtube and noticed that a significant couple of seconds exists that are missing from mine!

I'm a little sick over this. I guess I need to contact Amazon quick. Has anyone else experienced this problem... and resolved it?

theboyfromxtown
02-10-2011, 11:07 AM
Positivesoul

Contact Motown too...that classic motown email addres

Kamasu_Jr
02-10-2011, 12:35 PM
i haven't noticed the problem, but one disc in my Complete Motown Singles # 4 has a SKIP.

theboyfromxtown
02-10-2011, 07:43 PM
It's not on one of THEIR tracks is it?

positivesoul
02-11-2011, 09:51 AM
Thanks for the tip town citizen! Will definitely do that as soon as I listen to my brother's copy.

Kamasu_Jr
02-11-2011, 04:57 PM
It's not on one of THEIR tracks is it?

The skip is not on a Velvelette's track, but one by the Monitors. Lucky I have the track on another disc.
Don't Let Me Be Lonely is also on Cellarful #4 ... If you bought it too, you have a spare.

theboyfromxtown
02-11-2011, 05:14 PM
Kamasu-Phew! I had this horrible feeling that... *smile*

Nevertheless, email HW cos he likes to know these things and if he can help, he will try his best.

I thought the Tammi track was in mono on Cellarful and the solo collection was supposed to have the stereo. Is that not what happened?