PDA

View Full Version : Sing it Cindy!

test

Coppelia-Birdsong
06-08-2018, 09:05 AM
And here we have the lovely New Supremes singing the lovely crowd pleaser Everybody's Got the Right to Love Somebody, and not only does Mary get a solo, we get one from the lovely and very underappreciated Cindy Birdsong.

I was so happy to hear this! Out of all the Supremes I would say Cindy is one of the ones who gets shoved into the background the most for a number of reasons, so it's always wonderful to get to hear Cindy have her moment and demonstrate exactly why she was chosen to be a Supreme and was welcomed by the others.

I'm going to be checking out her stuff with the Bluebelles, because I love me some Miss Birdsong. Every bit as enchanting as her name implies!

Here you go folks, give it up for our girls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YThwyAxURFM

loganjlr
06-11-2018, 04:17 AM
I never saw this performance. Thanks for posting this! I always love these live moments when they pull out unexpected solos [[I'm looking at you Lynda Laurence with "Touch"). Seeing Jean making sweet love to that camera with her eyes was also fun to watch.

Coppelia-Birdsong
06-11-2018, 09:42 PM
Jean Terrell is hypnotising. Really the woman is a phenomenal talent. So much charm, stage presence, a megawatt smile and a voice that's sweet as honey and strong as steel.