PDA

View Full Version : Diana and Marvin Live Question

test

RanRan79
06-05-2018, 12:37 AM
I know that Diana and Marvin never performed live together any of the songs they recorded for their album, but did either of them ever perform any of the songs live, alone or with someone else? I know that Diana and Larry Hagman duet "live" on "You Are Everything" for Diana's tv special in 1981, but aside from that, did she ever do anything else? Did Marvin?

sansradio
06-05-2018, 02:18 AM
Marvin did “Love Twins” in the “classic duets” portion of his live act over the years with Florence Lyles and others.

reese
06-05-2018, 08:55 AM
Diana performed MY MISTAKE with G.C. Cameron during her 1974 Universal Ampitheater engagement.

In one of her 90s fan club newsletters, there was a fan review of one of her Vegas engagements, I believe. He wrote that a few patrons kept yelling out "Darling, darling, darling, darling...," hoping that Diana would sing INCLUDE ME IN YOUR LIFE. I think she said something like "They don't know that one."

RanRan79
06-05-2018, 09:39 AM
Marvin did “Love Twins” in the “classic duets” portion of his live act over the years with Florence Lyles and others.

I wonder if he did it during the Palladium show but it didn't make the album? I don't remember it on the album, anyway. Thanks Sans.

RanRan79
06-05-2018, 09:42 AM
Diana performed MY MISTAKE with G.C. Cameron during her 1974 Universal Ampitheater engagement.

In one of her 90s fan club newsletters, there was a fan review of one of her Vegas engagements, I believe. He wrote that a few patrons kept yelling out "Darling, darling, darling, darling...," hoping that Diana would sing INCLUDE ME IN YOUR LIFE. I think she said something like "They don't know that one."

Diana and GC? Wow. Oh how I hope there's a recording of that! "My Mistake" really isn't a song I care much for, but I'd love to hear it live.

reese
06-05-2018, 10:45 AM
I wonder if he did it during the Palladium show but it didn't make the album? I don't remember it on the album, anyway. Thanks Sans.

I don't think it was a part of that Palladium medley. But it is included on his THE LAST CONCERT TOUR cd.

RanRan79
06-06-2018, 08:21 AM
I don't think it was a part of that Palladium medley. But it is included on his THE LAST CONCERT TOUR cd.

You killed me with this. This release has eluded me. I was unaware of it's existence until your post. The posthumous releases are so hard to keep track of and it looks like this cd is originally out of Germany?

reese
06-06-2018, 08:53 AM
You killed me with this. This release has eluded me. I was unaware of it's existence until your post. The posthumous releases are so hard to keep track of and it looks like this cd is originally out of Germany?

Not my copy. The one I have was released in the 90s on the Giant label in the US. But I have seen this material released under different names in the years since then.

Just an FYI: I see some on Amazon. The cover is the same as mine, but the song lineup isn't the same. Some copies on eBay are the same as what I have.

RanRan79
06-06-2018, 03:29 PM
Not my copy. The one I have was released in the 90s on the Giant label in the US. But I have seen this material released under different names in the years since then.

Just an FYI: I see some on Amazon. The cover is the same as mine, but the song lineup isn't the same. Some copies on eBay are the same as what I have.

Okay Reese, I'll do some investigating.

phil
06-06-2018, 04:04 PM

There's also an LP : https://www.discogs.com/fr/Marvin-Gaye-The-Last-Concert-Tour/master/170928

https://img.discogs.com/XXoFnqKRoR6LFENQ856_u9EFwVw=/fit-in/600x590/filters:strip_icc[[):format[[jpeg):mode_rgb[[):qualit y[[90)/discogs-images/R-1630159-1367585190-8277.jpeg.jpg

midnightman
06-06-2018, 08:34 PM
As said, Marvin did "Love Twins" during his 1983 Sexual Healing tour. He always ended it saying "that was my favorite duet with Diana Ross" or something to that effect.

rovereab
06-07-2018, 12:47 PM
I wonder if Love Twins was recorded "together" in the studio hence being Marvin's favourite? The song definitely has a good vibe and banter between the two of them.

On reflection, what a great 45 we had in the UK with You Are Everything b/w Include Me In Your Life. Wonderful songs and performances.

jobeterob
06-08-2018, 12:12 AM
Would love to hear Love Twins and My Mistake live

midnightman
06-08-2018, 02:54 PM
^^ I think it was Marvin's favorite because Diana says "I love you too, Marvin".

He even said on Divided Soul, "see? she loves me." LOL