PDA

View Full Version : Deena jones and the dreams a kinder version of diana ross and the supremes

test

franjoy56
06-02-2018, 01:02 AM
After seeing movie version of dreamgirls on tv again tonite i realize even though it was not the supremes story it depicted in a way how the supremes could have ended with the 1970 farewell. Effie reuniting on stage being introduced by deena. While the supremes was not about to resurect flo back on stage w her former partners who tried to go. Wonder if all past hurts between them would have been buried. And what about those album covers. And effie walking off stage They really tried t pull together interesting facts counter to the real story . instead diana brought on stage the woman who replaced her.

jobeterob
06-02-2018, 01:23 AM
It was pablum; I’m surprised it did as well as it did

Motown the Musical is closer to reality but then it was about Berry and Diana

midnightman
06-02-2018, 03:40 AM
The original Dreams that played on Broadway [[Sheryl, Jennifer and Loretta) are still insulted that they get compared to the Supremes to this day...

PeaceNHarmony
06-02-2018, 08:38 AM
The original Dreams that played on Broadway [[Sheryl, Jennifer and Loretta) are still insulted that they get compared to the Supremes to this day...
A wonderful cast, that was. I guess 30 years later some of the audience still does not quite grasp that Dreamgirls is fiction!

midnightman
06-02-2018, 12:25 PM
A wonderful cast, that was. I guess 30 years later some of the audience still does not quite grasp that Dreamgirls is fiction!

And don't want to. :p

TheMotownManiac
06-02-2018, 12:54 PM
It was fiction but let’s not forget that Sheryl Lee Ralph shamelessly aped Diana Ross throughout the performance. If SHE claims she is ”insulted” by the comparison, only Donald Trump is a bigger phony. Ralph did everything possible to look and act like Ross on stage that night.
Jennifer Holiday MURDERED with that song. She had the audience screaming for her at the end of it.

jobeterob
06-02-2018, 06:04 PM
I forget it was fiction too; but they had all the album covers in the movie too.

khansperac
06-02-2018, 06:19 PM
The Broadway play had none of that. It was also not based in Detroit either. The play was spectacular And the music was so good. It was not the Motown sound so no comparisons should be made regarding the music.

franjoy56
06-02-2018, 07:02 PM
I love t movie version because of its similabrities between effie and flo. Deena and diana ross. Jennifer hudson tore that song up and sshe dedicated her globe award to florence ballard a lady who never got her chance. An odd to flos artistry as a singer that berry refused to see.

midnightman
06-02-2018, 11:09 PM
It was fiction but let’s not forget that Sheryl Lee Ralph shamelessly aped Diana Ross throughout the performance. If SHE claims she is ”insulted” by the comparison, only Donald Trump is a bigger phony. Ralph did everything possible to look and act like Ross on stage that night.
Jennifer Holiday MURDERED with that song. She had the audience screaming for her at the end of it.

And she had nerve to wonder why Diana felt some type of way lol :D

She said Diana's been cordial with her since then though if my memory banks are correct...

midnightman
06-02-2018, 11:10 PM
The Broadway play had none of that. It was also not based in Detroit either. The play was spectacular And the music was so good. It was not the Motown sound so no comparisons should be made regarding the music.

Seriously, Motown was more grittier than what was played in Dreamgirls for real lol

That's why you don't compare R&B/soul music to Broadway music.

reese
06-03-2018, 12:49 AM
And she had nerve to wonder why Diana felt some type of way lol :D

She said Diana's been cordial with her since then though if my memory banks are correct...

Diana's son Evan brought them together for a conversation.

midnightman
06-03-2018, 04:04 AM
Diana's son Evan brought them together for a conversation.

I figured that. They get along real good now... or should lol [[I love them both)

jobeterob
06-05-2018, 08:46 PM
I figured that. They get along real good now... or should lol [[I love them both)

It’s strange and maybe it’s just because she was so successful or maybe it’s because she is happy but Diana never says anything bad about anyone

Quite different from for example, Aretha Franklin