PDA

View Full Version : Ace Spinners Cd: While the City Sleeps

test

luckyluckyme
06-01-2018, 02:14 PM
Adam White's 'West Grand Boulevard Blog' mentions an August release from Ace of a Spinner's set coupling the "Second Time Around" album with unreleased tracks.

mysterysinger
06-01-2018, 04:22 PM
Interesting indeed. Maybe more Wonder-ful tracks?

Quinn
06-01-2018, 04:36 PM
I figured this release would come sooner, but better late than never. There probably won't be much left in the vaults after this release besides alternatives. I tried to email Keith Hughes about a possible remix of "Imagination Running Wild", but wasn't successful. More is always better with Motown,waiting patiently.

kenneth
06-01-2018, 06:14 PM
Good news! Here's the link.

http://www.adampwhite.com/westgrandblog/year-to-date

[[http://www.adampwhite.com/westgrandblog/year-to-date)It also mentions upcoming releases of more Bobby Darin material, and, yes Blinky!

TomatoTom123
06-01-2018, 07:50 PM
OoOoOoOoOoH more good news!!!! :D

jboy88
06-01-2018, 10:50 PM
Just in time for my 30th Birthday! Definitely looking forward to this one!

keith_hughes
06-02-2018, 08:54 AM
Happy birthday when it comes, jboy88! The bonus tracks are:

Mental Telepathy +
Satisfaction Guaranteed +
Sunshine Train +
While The City Sleeps *+
I Can't Let You Go *
Your Sweet Love Is All I Need [[Your Love Is Sufficient) *
Don't Take Your Love Away I Can't Stand It *
That's What Girls Are Made For
Gonna Keep On Tryin' Till I Win Your Love
Sadder Words Were Never Spoken
Just A Little Part Of Your Life
When It Starts To Rain It Pours
Why Don't You Try It

* previously released in the Motown Unreleased series
+ 2018 mix

luckyluckyme
06-02-2018, 09:58 AM
Keith,

For what intended release were the first four selections mixed in 2005?

TomatoTom123
06-02-2018, 10:56 AM
Gonna Keep On Tryin' Till I Win Your Love

When I saw this I actually gasped out loud! Yay!!!!! :D

Quinn
06-02-2018, 02:01 PM
I'm curious as to what the Smokey Robinson production[[s) sound like. I figured the great "Like A Good Man Should" was the only track he recorded on them. Haven't seen much of his name as writer and producer on these great compilations we've been getting. My attempt at inventory has revealed that we may have the cream of The Spinners recorded output. Most of the 30 unreleased candidates from '63-'67 have been issued,plus what we'll have here from that timeline. Should be interesting to hear.

keith_hughes
06-02-2018, 04:09 PM
Keith,

For what intended release were the first four selections mixed in 2005?

I meant 2018 - for this release! Sorry. Now corrected.

robb_k
06-02-2018, 05:20 PM
Yes. I'm also very curious to hear the previously unreleased cuts I've never heard. I love The Bobbie Smith and G.C. Cameron-led Spinners. Most of their released cuts were written and produced by Harvey Fuqua and Johnny Bristol and Mickey Stevenson and Ivy Hunter. I liked "Like a Good Man Should", and several of The Cosby-Moy-Wonder penned songs.

mysterysinger
06-02-2018, 07:32 PM
But why "That's What Girls Are Made For" [[from the first LP)? Is this an alternate take or maybe an actual Motown re-recording?

robb_k
06-02-2018, 08:34 PM
But why "That's What Girls Are Made For" [[from the first LP)? Is this an alternate take or maybe an actual Motown re-recording?
Why would they have done that???

TomatoTom123
06-02-2018, 08:45 PM
Why would they have done that???

Didn't Gladys Knight & The Pips re-record some of their early [[pre-Motown) hits like "Every Beat Of My Heart" at Motown?

kenneth
06-02-2018, 11:14 PM
Didn't Gladys Knight & The Pips re-record some of their early [[pre-Motown) hits like "Every Beat Of My Heart" at Motown?

Yes, on their first Greatest Hits album [[1970?) the first 3 tracks were rerecordings of their earlier recordings of "Every Beat of My Heart," "Letter Full of Tears," and "Giving Up." All beautifully done, I might add, but I heard them before I ever heard the originals.

robb_k
06-02-2018, 11:54 PM
Yes, on their first Greatest Hits album [[1970?) the first 3 tracks were rerecordings of their earlier recordings of "Every Beat of My Heart," "Letter Full of Tears," and "Giving Up." All beautifully done, I might add, but I heard them before I ever heard the originals.
I'd be curious to hear an updated version, with The Funk Brothers playing on it, recorded 1964 or later. However, Keith Hughes' post above has an Asterix for each bonus track [[previously unreleased). "That's What Girls Are Made For" has no Asterix. That tells me that it is the only version previously released, the original Tri-Phi recording.

Quinn
06-03-2018, 12:10 AM
I'd be curious to hear an updated version, with The Funk Brothers playing on it, recorded 1964 or later. However, Keith Hughes' post above has an Asterix for each bonus track [[previously unreleased). "That's What Girls Are Made For" has no Asterix. That tells me that it is the only version previously released, the original Tri-Phi recording. Robb, the asterisk is a representation of what's been released in the "Motown Unreleased" series. They're just putting them on this release to probably make it more comprehensive. As opposed to using the same version of "Your Love Is All I Need", I would've used the alternate. It's my understanding that they recorded it twice,it's just not certain what's different the arrangement or the vocal. But Que Sera Sera, they have their reasons. I hope it's an updated version too,it'll be less doo wop and more pop oriented. 1964 is when the "Motown Sound" started to develop also,so I hope you're right.

keith_hughes
06-03-2018, 03:35 AM
"That's What Girls Are Made For" is a 1968 re-make of their first record. All the tracks in the list that DON'T have an asterisk are previously unreleased.

mysterysinger
06-03-2018, 03:54 AM
Thanks Keith, looking forward to hearing that rerecorded Motown version. Anything Spinners is fine by me.

snakepit
06-03-2018, 06:03 AM
"That's What Girls Are Made For" is a 1968 re-make of their first record. All the tracks in the list that DON'T have an asterisk are previously unreleased.

Is it the same band track as Tammi Terrell's version?

TomatoTom123
06-03-2018, 07:10 AM

Thanks kenneth :)

Quinn
06-03-2018, 02:58 PM
Is it the same band track as Tammi Terrell's version?
The track to Tammi Terrell's version was recorded on January 9, 1966.

robb_k
06-03-2018, 03:32 PM
Is it Bobbie Smith on lead?

marv2
06-04-2018, 08:45 PM

That is an interesting choice for this release.

robb_k
06-05-2018, 02:33 AM
That is an interesting choice for this release.
Now that we know it's a 1968 Motown-recorded remake, it makes sense. It's just another classic Motown Spinners previously unreleased cut that we Spinners fans want to hear, and Ace Kent wants to get all those of that type that sound good, out to the public, because Universal doesn't feel it is worth it for them to tap that small niche market.

keith_hughes
06-05-2018, 06:24 PM
You've got it dead right, Robb. As for other questions, it's G.C. on lead and the backing track was made just for this recording - not used for any other artist. Interestingly, Bobbie didn't seem to remember this version when I interviewed him for our previous Spinners offering.

robb_k
06-05-2018, 06:36 PM
You've got it dead right, Robb. As for other questions, it's G.C. on lead and the backing track was made just for this recording - not used for any other artist. Interestingly, Bobbie didn't seem to remember this version when I interviewed him for our previous Spinners offering.
Maybe that's because he was home, sick? And that's why G.C. sang lead? :cool:

marv2
06-05-2018, 06:50 PM
Now that we know it's a 1968 Motown-recorded remake, it makes sense. It's just another classic Motown Spinners previously unreleased cut that we Spinners fans want to hear, and Ace Kent wants to get all those of that type that sound good, out to the public, because Universal doesn't feel it is worth it for them to tap that small niche market.

I never understood why so little material from artists other than the Supremes were re-released and given the deluxe treatment by Universal. I will be happy to get this offering from Ace. The Spinners are one of the greatest groups of all time.

marv2
06-05-2018, 06:51 PM

I got the chance to see and hear Bobbie sing for the last time in 2011 at Coney Island. He was always great.

jboy88
06-05-2018, 09:07 PM

Well, this is both good and bad news for me. Good, that there's a second version of this masterpiece, bad because Bobby's not doing the lead. It took a while to get through Tammi's version without hitting the skip button. While it's now one of my favorites by her, Bobby still has the edge. Especially since it ultimately secured Thom Bell's place on their bandwagon. But we'll see if the GC version can meet my approval!

snakepit
06-14-2018, 06:47 PM
Bumping just to remind collectors that Ace/Kent have this planned for release soon.
I'm sure loyal Motown fans will buy it.
The Spinners were overlooked at Motown, and this set should be good.

mysterysinger
06-14-2018, 07:14 PM
I love Bobby Smith's voice and I would have welcomed a Motown version of TWGAMF with him on lead [[which would have made for a great comparison). However, G.C. Cameron has an amazing voice and is so versatile he can handle almost anything - so it will still be interesting to hear him.

I most associate G.C's time with The Spinners with the Stevie Wonder productions [["It's A Shame" and "We'll Have It Made"). I expect this ACE release will put me in my place on that and provide more clarity for me on what his wider contribution was.

144man
06-15-2018, 01:37 PM
Can't wait for this release.

jboy88
06-29-2018, 08:35 PM
It’s on ITUNES right now!!!

bradburger
06-29-2018, 09:09 PM

Are you sure?

ACE haven't even put it up on their 'Coming soon' section yet!

Cheers

Paul

sansradio
06-29-2018, 11:15 PM

By Jove, you’re right! Is this a first for Ace? I routinely check for their Rita Wright set there to no avail.

Philles/Motown Gary
06-30-2018, 12:50 AM
You can sample 30-second segments of each track on Amazon, too. It appears available for purchase at this time as downloads.

luckyluckyme
06-30-2018, 05:52 AM
And here's the cover photo:

keith_hughes
06-30-2018, 04:37 PM
Universal have always had the contractual right to release Ace Motown CDs digitally [[and Ace don't), though I think this is the first time they've exercised it, or at least the first time they've done it before the physical release was out. Be assured, "While The City Sleeps" is still scheduled for release on CD in August - Ace have a crowded schedule at the moment and this is the earliest slot we could get.

sansradio
06-30-2018, 09:21 PM
Universal have always had the contractual right to release Ace Motown CDs digitally [[and Ace don't), though I think this is the first time they've exercised it, or at least the first time they've done it before the physical release was out. Be assured, "While The City Sleeps" is still scheduled for release on CD in August - Ace have a crowded schedule at the moment and this is the earliest slot we could get.

Thanks ever, Keith. Hopefully this will perform well and Ace will relent and release their back catalogue to iTunes gradually.

jboy88
06-30-2018, 11:04 PM

That’s good to know! I thought someone had leaked it without ace’s consent!

keith_hughes
07-01-2018, 04:46 AM
Thanks ever, Keith. Hopefully this will perform well and Ace will relent and release their back catalogue to iTunes gradually.

Ace would LOVE to release their back catalogue to iTunes, Amazon etc. But the majors [[Universal, Sony etc) make it a condition of leasing their material to appear on CDs that the companies who lease that material do NOT release it as downloads. They, the majors, retain that right to themselves, and that's why/how this has happened.

The booklet, crammed with photos, fax 'n' info and my deathless prose, remains the property of Ace, and will only be available with the CD. And the audio on the CD will, of course, be uncompressed.

sansradio
07-01-2018, 12:59 PM
Ace would LOVE to release their back catalogue to iTunes, Amazon etc. But the majors [[Universal, Sony etc) make it a condition of leasing their material to appear on CDs that the companies who lease that material do NOT release it as downloads. They, the majors, retain that right to themselves, and that's why/how this has happened.

The booklet, crammed with photos, fax 'n' info and my deathless prose, remains the property of Ace, and will only be available with the CD. And the audio on the CD will, of course, be uncompressed.

That makes sense. Kinda “bubble-bursting,” but I get it. Thanks again.

TomatoTom123
07-01-2018, 02:39 PM
So Universal/Sony have decided that they do not want the material that Ace has released to be available as downloads? Until now? :)

Quinn
07-01-2018, 04:17 PM
So Universal/Sony have decided that they do not want the material that Ace has released to be available as downloads? Until now? :) I thought it was Universal/ Capitol.

luckyluckyme
07-01-2018, 04:54 PM
Keith,

I know you have nothing to do with this, but I found it odd that all songs from "While The City Sleeps" are available on YouTube except 'In My Diary'. Listening to the songs from "The Second Time Around" album, the remastering is, as usual top notch, especially when compared to the previously released Japanese import. Looking forward to August and a chance to enjoy the real thing!

TomatoTom123
07-01-2018, 05:46 PM
I thought it was Universal/ Capitol.

Oh yeah Quinn I just said 'Universal/Sony' as a general term for the major music companies that own the music :)

drewschultz88
07-01-2018, 07:45 PM
@Keith_Hughes,
Thanks for all the work you and the Ace team put into these releases. I will absolutely be picking this up on CD as I have done for many of your awesome projects!

jboy88
07-01-2018, 11:46 PM
Even though the tracks are available for streaming, I’m still waiting for the CD to hear the unreleased songs. However, I couldn’t resist “That’s What Girls are Made For”. It’s an entirely different arrangement from the original. It’s very similar to what Chuck Jackson was doing around that time! I wonder if he cut a version using the same track.

mysterysinger
07-02-2018, 07:03 AM
So a kind of "That's What Girls, Girls, Girls Are Made Of"?

jack020
07-05-2018, 02:21 AM
Amazon uk mentions a release date of aug.31, 2018
Disc: 1

1. It's A Shame

2. I've Got To Find Myself A Brand New Baby

3. Together We Can Make Such Sweet Music

4. Bad, Bad Weather - Till You Come Home

5. Pay Them No Mind

6. My Lady Love

7. Souly Ghost

8. O-O-H Child

9. In My Diary

10. My Whole World Ended - The Moment You Left Me

11. [[She's Gonna Love Me) At Sundown

12. I Can Sing A Rainbow - Love Is Blue

13. Mental Telepathy

14. Satisfaction Guaranteed

15. Sunshine Train

16. While The City Sleeps

17. I Can't Let You Go

18. Your Sweet Love Is All I Need - Your Love Is Sufficient

19. Don't Take Your Love Away I Can't Stand It

20. That's What Girls Are Made For

21. Gonna Keep On Tryin' Till I Win Your Love

22. Sadder Words Were Never Spoken

23. Just A Little Part Of Your Life

24. When It Starts To Rain It Pours

25. Why Don't You Try It
The Detroit vocal group's soulful 2nd Time Around album, originally issued on Motown's V.I.P. label in 1970, plus a generous 13 bonus tracks. Bonus tracks comprise ten unissued gems from the vaults and three titles previously available only as downloads. Bobby Smith sings lead on tracks 11, 16 & 17 and shares lead with G.C. Cameron on track 3. All other leads by G.C. Cameron. Tracks 1-15 are stereo, 16-25 are mono. Booklet features copious track annotations and notes by Motown historian Keith Hughes and an array of period photos and memorabilia. A follow-up to Kent's earlier Spinners release from 2012, Truly Yours Their First Motown Album [[CDTOP 371).

snakepit
07-05-2018, 12:30 PM
Enjoyed listening to this issue on youtube..
Awaiting the CD release.
I was not too keen on "2nd time around", probably too many cover versions.But these original tracks are more like it.
Well done Ace/Kent and Keith.
BTW

.how did "Together we can make such sweet music" fail to be a massive hit? Still sounds wonderful.

144man
07-06-2018, 08:24 AM

Good one!:)

Motown Eddie
07-07-2018, 07:47 AM
One question about The Spinners' While The City Sleeps collection; why didn't Ace/Kent include "We'll Have It Made" [[the followup to "It's A Shame" and their final single on Motown) as a bonus track?

soulwally
07-07-2018, 09:12 AM
Because it’s rubbish Eddie! No sorry the song has never worked for me. But otherwise a good point.
Larry agree with you on Together.. six months ago I started doing something I told myself I would never do, start buying vinyl again. I do a spot at the local pub now and again and Together.. is one of the 45s I’ve bought to play there

mysterysinger
07-07-2018, 06:57 PM
Yes why is there no "We'll Have It Made" it's a great production.

TomatoTom123
07-07-2018, 07:18 PM
I really like "We'll Have It Made"... kinda funky and groovy. I wish there was a proper stereo mix of the song though.

I think I shall add the single version from TCMS 1971 to While The City Sleeps as my own little bonus track. ;)

Philles/Motown Gary
07-07-2018, 07:42 PM
I really like "We'll Have It Made"... kinda funky and groovy. I wish there was a proper stereo mix of the song though.

I think I shall add the single version from TCMS 1971 to While The City Sleeps as my own little bonus track. ;)

There ya go, Tom! That's the spirit!!!

Motown Eddie
07-08-2018, 11:28 AM
Enjoyed listening to this issue on youtube..
Awaiting the CD release.
I was not too keen on "2nd time around", probably too many cover versions.But these original tracks are more like it.
Well done Ace/Kent and Keith.
BTW

.how did "Together we can make such sweet music" fail to be a massive hit? Still sounds wonderful.

The reason why The Spinners' "Together We Can Make Such Sweet Music" wasn't a hit is because it was the b-side to the classic "It's A Shame". "Together..." would be reissued [[and remixed) as an a-side in March 1973 to compete with The Spinners run of hits on Atlantic Records [[and failed to become a major hit). Maybe there's more info on the song in the notes to While The City Sleeps.

snakepit
07-08-2018, 04:42 PM
Not in the UK..."Its a shame" was coupled with "Sweet Thing".
We got TWCMSSM as a 45.. But it never got airplay sadly.

Motown Eddie
07-09-2018, 10:36 AM
Not in the UK..."Its a shame" was coupled with "Sweet Thing".
We got TWCMSSM as a 45.. But it never got airplay sadly.

Very interesting Snakepit. However here in the US, "TWCMSSM" came out as I described it in my post. The remix in 1973 made the song sound similar to The Spinners 'Philly Soul' hits and received limited airplay [[and failed to become a major hit).

snakepit
07-09-2018, 12:43 PM
Motown Eddie
I do remember hearing the Philly rerecording once or twice. I seem to recall it was cleverley done.
By this time I was losing interest in most Motown product.

jboy88
07-13-2018, 10:10 PM
Yes why is there no "We'll Have It Made" it's a great production.

Speaking of glaring omissions....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5NSxvBsZJo

jsmith
07-15-2018, 10:47 AM
There were numerous 45 versions of MESSAGE FROM A BLACKMAN put out at the time + the Motown LP version by the Tempts ... so the song got a little lost as far as the R&B charts were concerned ... the Whautnauts versions did the best and that only just scraped into the Top 20.

robb_k
07-17-2018, 06:22 AM
14445;););););)

snakepit
08-29-2018, 03:17 PM
I believe that this Spinners CD is now available.
I will send for mine later....the clips sounded very good, looking forward to another excellent Ace/Kent release.

Quinn
08-29-2018, 03:39 PM
I've had my copy since Monday. Only opened it to read the liner notes and annotations having listened to it on YouTube.

snakepit
09-02-2018, 06:48 AM
As mentioned before , the LP was not a great favourite of mine, but I am giving it a go. The covers of the David Ruffin songs come into the "what's the point?" area to me. Surely there was no intention to issue as 45s and they seem to be going through the motions.
Anyway, the bonus tracks are worth listening to. But this collection did get me wondering why did the group[[ or Motown) feel the need to bring in G.C Cameron ?
All previous leads where Bobby Smith, who was a great singer.
I have difficulty with G. C. At times, and whilst I have a lot if his Motown material, I can't warm to him apart from the odd exception.
Probably why the second album didn't work for me.
But a great addition to the Spinners catalogue from ACE.

Quinn
09-02-2018, 02:23 PM
As mentioned before , the LP was not a great favourite of mine, but I am giving it a go. The covers of the David Ruffin songs come into the "what's the point?" area to me. Surely there was no intention to issue as 45s and they seem to be going through the motions.
Anyway, the bonus tracks are worth listening to. But this collection did get me wondering why did the group[[ or Motown) feel the need to bring in G.C Cameron ?
All previous leads where Bobby Smith, who was a great singer.
I have difficulty with G. C. At times, and whilst I have a lot if his Motown material, I can't warm to him apart from the odd exception.
Probably why the second album didn't work for me.
But a great addition to the Spinners catalogue from ACE. G.C. and Dennis Edwards grew up together in Detroit. He'd just come home from Vietnam and was trying to figure out what to do with himself. By Dennis being with The Contours, he sent word through a relative that The Spinners needed a singer because one of the guys had just left. Marvin Gaye was about to go on tour with The Spinners as opening act,so G.C. went and auditioned. Marvin and Harvey Fuqua liked what they heard as did Motown's production staff.

I can see why G.C. would become the primary vocalist for the group as great as Bobbie Smith was. Cameron joined in late '67 when music changing and sounds became grittier and more soulful. Bobbie is more of a pop singer,he's not really a soul singer at all which means that producers had to be careful with what material they presented. In G.C they saw a young, hungry and talented vocalist who could sing damn near anything and do it passionately. I never would have figured in a million years that the group recorded as much music as they did, not being a premier act at Motown. But I'm willing to bet that the bulk of them are from the G.C. era because as opposed to just working with Harvey Fuqua they could work with everybody. I'm sure the fact that he was a rebel who fought for them as well as being the boyfriend of Gwen Gordy didn't hurt either. I agree that the album wasn't the best, but the public hadn't yet embraced them so that's no surprise. Just a brief personal observation.

snakepit
09-02-2018, 04:20 PM
Quinn,
All good points. I knew of his connection to the Gordy family, but assumed it was after he had joined the group.
Personally, I have problems with his style, but there some things that I like.
Perhaps my liking of Bobby Smith clouds my judgement.
I am loving " Pay them no mind" .
I'll keep playing this ...but I will not like " In my diary" ..never did.

Quinn
09-02-2018, 05:59 PM
Quinn,
All good points. I knew of his connection to the Gordy family, but assumed it was after he had joined the group.
Personally, I have problems with his style, but there some things that I like.
Perhaps my liking of Bobby Smith clouds my judgement.
I am loving " Pay them no mind" .
I'll keep playing this ...but I will not like " In my diary" ..never did. We all have our personal preferences with anything in life, if Bobby is your man that's fine. As far as G.C's style is concerned I can understand why you may have an issue with his approach as a singer. A few Motown producers have spoken on how explosive and aggressive it is and how they would have to instruct him to kick back a little and tell the story. He had a tendency of giving too much too soon and coming too powerful straight out of the gate. I love Bobbie too Snake, but he was an old doo wopper turned pop singer who was too technical and efficient. There wasn't many demons or monsters in him to pull out. You had to write specifically for his style with little adventure or detour. Look at how Thom Bell recorded them in Philly. Phillipe Wynne[[G.C's cousin)was the primary vocalist, but whenever Bobbie was prominent Thom always kept Phillipe in close proximity for balance and steadiness. I don't think they cared much for "Diary" either,it was just an old doo wop tune Harvey Fuqua loved and recorded on them.

mysterysinger
09-08-2018, 07:37 PM
I love Bobby Smith's voice. For me he is THE voice of The Spinners yet both Motown and Atlantic used different lead singers on the biggest hits. That suggests they thought his voice might not be commercial enough. "It's a shame" that Motown didn't have a huge success with the Bobby led songs but "I'll Always Love You" will always be one of my top 3 Motown recordings.

144man
09-15-2018, 06:52 PM
My favourite previously unreleased track is "When It Starts to Rain It Pours".

"I Can't Let You Go" is really annoying me. I'm sure it's the same tune as another Motown track, but I can't place what it is.

mysterysinger
09-16-2018, 06:29 AM
"I Can't Let You Go" is really annoying me. I'm sure it's the same tune as another Motown track, but I can't place what it is.

Track 17 was written by Ivy Jo Hunter and to me has a slight Isley feel but the title phrase reminded me a little of "Say You" from the Monitors [[none of the rest of the song does though). It probably does form the backing to another song so another member might recognise it.

However, "I Can't Let You Go" was issued on Motown Unreleased 1966 - could it be there you heard it?

144man
09-16-2018, 07:19 AM
Track 17 was written by Ivy Jo Hunter and to me has a slight Isley feel but the title phrase reminded me a little of "Say You" from the Monitors [[none of the rest of the song does though). It probably does form the backing to another song so another member might recognise it.

However, "I Can't Let You Go" was issued on Motown Unreleased 1966 - could it be there you heard it?

I did think of that, but odd bits of lyric are bubbling in my brain - something like "I should have kept something back". I'll get it eventually.

jboy88
09-17-2018, 10:56 PM
“I Can’t Let You Go” is just sublime, musically and vocally. I can’t believe it sat in the can for 50 years. While I don’t think it would of been a smash, it would of been a great B-side or an album treat for LP buyers.

I also have my fingers crossed that an Edwin Starr version is in the vaults as well. Just as the “That’s what girls” remake would of suited Chuck Jackson. Edwin Starr would of slayed “I Can’t Let You Go”.