PDA

View Full Version : Happy birthdate to gladys horton marvelettes

test

franjoy56
05-30-2018, 04:41 PM
Happy bitthday gladys you gave the marvelettes ur voice artistry and writing ability. playboy. And the marvelettes on stage was way ahead of its time. Perhaps too soon before the media picked it up. R.i.p always

kenneth
05-30-2018, 05:34 PM
Thanks for remembering Gladys. It's truly a shame she didn't record more after leaving Motown because her voice never lost any of its ability. She was instantly recognizable even if [[sometimes) she and Wanda could sound quite a lot alike.

marv2
05-30-2018, 05:35 PM
A Very Happy Birthday to Gladys Horton! I remember you..........

sansradio
05-30-2018, 07:16 PM
Happy heavenly birthday, Miss Horton!

midnightman
05-30-2018, 10:20 PM
Happy birthday to an unsung hero of the Motown Sound... RIP Gladys Horton.

motony
05-31-2018, 03:31 PM
Gladys Horton was always a real Rock N Soul star. I feel blessed to have seen them on that Otis Redding Tour in 1966.Gladys had that "IT" factor in relating to the audience. I always thought "This Night Was Made For Love" would have been a hit follow up to "Young & In Love". In the 80-'s when my brother was in Calif. visiting Mary Wells, Gladys came over & played them a demo that she wrote & recorded called "Space Rock Radio" & my brother said it was great. Too bad she had so many problems with the fakes.

kenneth
05-31-2018, 05:06 PM
@motony, how great that you got to meet her!

marv2
05-31-2018, 05:16 PM
Gladys Horton was always a real Rock N Soul star. I feel blessed to have seen them on that Otis Redding Tour in 1966.Gladys had that "IT" factor in relating to the audience. I always thought "This Night Was Made For Love" would have been a hit follow up to "Young & In Love". In the 80-'s when my brother was in Calif. visiting Mary Wells, Gladys came over & played them a demo that she wrote & recorded called "Space Rock Radio" & my brother said it was great. Too bad she had so many problems with the fakes.

I saw them in 1966 at an outdoor concert in City Park in Toledo, OH. Their new record was "Don't Mess With Bill" at the time.

WaitingWatchingLookingForAChance
06-01-2018, 03:20 AM
https://youtu.be/9OvEDRsX0F0

This is a fantastic performance by Gladys, one of my favorites. It's easy to forget just how young these ladies really were at the time because here, Gladys has such a mature, jazzy, adult sound.