PDA

View Full Version : A reason for celebration

test

rovereab
05-29-2018, 03:52 PM
I can't think of a better way to celebrate Motown than looking at this great video and seeing these two magnificently talented individuals interact with one another in such a joyous way. A fabulous song from every aspect, songwriting, vocals, backing instrumental and production.

https://youtu.be/IC5PL0XImjw

Thanks Motown.

kenneth
05-29-2018, 05:58 PM
Tammi's looks, hair and even makeup could have been in a photo taken today. Lots of ladies today wear those heavy, heavy false eyelashes and wear their hair the way hers is styled. Of course, she was a true beauty so she'd look good in anything and anywhere.

Was this from a TV show? How did this video come about? Does anyone know?

Thanks for posting, Roverab.

reese
05-29-2018, 06:06 PM
Tammi's looks, hair and even makeup could have been in a photo taken today. Lots of ladies today wear those heavy, heavy false eyelashes and wear their hair the way hers is styled. Of course, she was a true beauty so she'd look good in anything and anywhere.

Was this from a TV show? How did this video come about? Does anyone know?

Thanks for posting, Roverab.

It was from a tv special SWINGIN' SOUNDS OF EXPO '67.

kenneth
05-29-2018, 06:33 PM
Reese, I'm convinced you know everything...! Thanks.

reese
05-29-2018, 10:40 PM

You're welcome. I've seen the clip for years but I didn't know which show it was from until it was released on Marvin's THE REAL THING dvd.

lockhartgary
05-29-2018, 11:13 PM
Gotta love the way Tammie looks at Marvin at the 8s mark, as if she's about to say, "Negro, please!"

jobeterob
05-30-2018, 12:38 AM

I think this too!

RanRan79
05-30-2018, 10:45 AM
A couple of thoughts:

1) Tammi was a sexy ass woman.

2) The chemistry these two shared is IMO one of those once in a lifetime experiences. I can't think of any two duet partners who come across this naturally together.

3) If I didn't already know any better, I'd swear these two were sexual partners. That's just how much sexual chemistry that they exude together. Had I been friends of theirs I can see myself shaking my head and point an accusatory finger at them and saying "Stop lyin, y'all f***ing", because it seems almost impossible that two people could seem so connected and be platonic.

4) It is so incredibly sad that Tammi took ill right when her career was taking off. Aside from being such an obvious sex symbol, she just exudes star power. IMO she had everything that Diana Ross had, the major difference being Ross having more razzle dazzle and Terrell more of a around the way girl air about her. I really wonder what the future would've held for Tammi's career had she lived.

RanRan79
05-30-2018, 10:46 AM
Gotta love the way Tammie looks at Marvin at the 8s mark, as if she's about to say, "Negro, please!"

Yes!! LOL!!

midnightman
05-30-2018, 01:27 PM

Tammi was actually mouthing "I know, babe, I know" when Marvin sang "I told you that you could always count on me darlin'." :)

lockhartgary
05-30-2018, 02:12 PM
Of all of the women Marvin dueted with, Tammi was the absolute best fit. It's like they had grown up together.