PDA

View Full Version : The Supremes LOVING YOU IS BETTER THAN EVER

test

Fourtopsbiggestfan
05-29-2018, 01:51 AM
Really really need help with a background lyric. The 1:09 mark Diana says I'VE WON ALL YOUR TIME I CAN BEG, STEAL OR BORROW, the the Andantes say FROM EARLY MORNING........ Can someone help with the blank.

https://youtu.be/IOR8tgjiQhs

brothadc
05-29-2018, 09:35 AM
Here are the lyrics-
Diana-
"I want all your time I can beg, steal or borrow"
Andantes-
"From early morning till it gets late"
Diana-
"Today only makes me anticipate tomorrow"
Andantes-
"Hurry tomorrow, I just can't wait"

Fourtopsbiggestfan
05-29-2018, 11:16 AM
Here are the lyrics-
Diana-
"I want all your time I can beg, steal or borrow"
Andantes-
"From early morning till it gets late"
Diana-
"Today only makes me anticipate tomorrow"
Andantes-
"Hurry tomorrow, I just can't wait"

Wow. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

jobucats
05-29-2018, 03:21 PM
From a production standpoint, this is an excellent song. I've often wondered how much money it cost for the arrangement and the musicians that played on that session. It doesn't sound like a Detroit session.

Fourtopsbiggestfan
05-29-2018, 03:35 PM
From a production standpoint, this is an excellent song. I've often wondered how much money it cost for the arrangement and the musicians that played on that session. It doesn't sound like a Detroit session.
A great Smokey production. It's definitely a smash to me.

brothadc
05-29-2018, 07:28 PM
Wow. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

You're very welcome!

gman
05-30-2018, 12:21 AM
I've always loved this song and think its one of the LPS best. And, it sounds like Mary and Cindy are back there to me...perhaps the Andantes are layered in?

RanRan79
05-30-2018, 10:49 AM

Agree about the production being excellent. According to DFTMC, the song was recorded in LA and at Hitsville. What exactly that means, I don't know. Was the track recorded at Hitsville and the vocals in LA? Or was it the other way around? Perhaps portions of the backing track were done in both LA and Hitsville. It has such a big sound.

Fourtopsbiggestfan
05-30-2018, 01:10 PM
Agree about the production being excellent. According to DFTMC, the song was recorded in LA and at Hitsville. What exactly that means, I don't know. Was the track recorded at Hitsville and the vocals in LA? Or was it the other way around? Perhaps portions of the backing track were done in both LA and Hitsville. It has such a big sound.

Loving You Is Better Than Ever [[William Robinson) published Jobete 17-Dec-69

The Supremes; recorded L.A. / Hitsville-GW, completed 06-Aug-69 ; produced by Smokey Robinson

Nov-69; LP [[S): Motown S694 Cream Of The Crop
23-Oct-00; CD [[S): Motown 159 588 2 Let The Sunshine In / Cream Of The Crop [UK]
05-Jan-04; CD [[S): Motown 066 637 2 Soul Satisfaction 04 - Mouth Watering Motown And B-Side Beauties [UK]

mysterysinger
05-30-2018, 01:38 PM
It's a great song and production. I like the whole album too.

bradsupremes
05-30-2018, 01:39 PM
Loving You Is Better Than Ever [[William Robinson) published Jobete 17-Dec-69

The Supremes; recorded L.A. / Hitsville-GW, completed 06-Aug-69 ; produced by Smokey Robinson

The first place mentioned is where the track was cut. This track was cut in Los Angeles with vocals and additional instrumentation cut at Hitsville and Golden World.

RanRan79
05-31-2018, 02:59 PM
The first place mentioned is where the track was cut. This track was cut in Los Angeles with vocals and additional instrumentation cut at Hitsville and Golden World.

Thanks for the clarification Brad.