PDA

View Full Version : Georgia Has Its First Black Governor Nominee

test

PeaceNHarmony
05-23-2018, 08:04 AM
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/22/us/politics/georgia-primary-abrams-results.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=first-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

sansradio
05-23-2018, 03:57 PM
My home state is making me so proud! Abrams is also the first woman to be nominated by a major party for governor in Georgia and would be this nation's first black woman governor. She's a formidable candidate with her heart and mind in the right place on the issues that matter. Even though I'm now a New Yorker, I'm with her!!!

soulster
05-23-2018, 06:31 PM
Now all Georgians have to do is get her elected in November.

I fear that progressive candidates will sweep the south, and all those cranky bigots and whatnot will continue to move out here. I ran into four racists at work today. Gee, i'm wondering how it's gonna be when Starbucks closes next week on Thursday afternoon for racial sensitivity training.

sansradio
05-23-2018, 07:54 PM
Now all Georgians have to do is get her elected in November.

I fear that progressive candidates will sweep the south, and all those cranky bigots and whatnot will continue to move out here. I ran into four racists at work today. Gee, i'm wondering how it's gonna be when Starbucks closes next week on Thursday afternoon for racial sensitivity training.

HA! Just four?!??😆

Roberta75
05-24-2018, 03:44 PM
I hope this lady wins.