PDA

View Full Version : Janet At The BMAs

test

PeaceNHarmony
05-21-2018, 01:00 PM
Janet Jackson [[and her completely natural face ...) received a deserved BMA Icon Award and gave a dynamic performance. Apparently Islam didn't take for her ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojOsAgFnvxc

sansradio
05-21-2018, 02:45 PM
What is this ragging on middle-aged women for their appearance? Jesus, the misogyny around here is unbearable.

midnightman
05-21-2018, 03:13 PM
She never converted. And I agree, sans.

marv2
05-21-2018, 06:41 PM
What is this ragging on middle-aged women for their appearance? Jesus, the misogyny around here is unbearable.

I don't know but she does it better than a lot of these 20 somethings...... Go Janet!

marv2
05-21-2018, 06:45 PM
I just noticed, Mrs. Jackson was there! Wow

midnightman
05-21-2018, 07:55 PM
Yeah I saw Katherine when Janet did her speech. She had this big smile on her face. Glad that she's not "dying" as tabloids would have it. Rebbie was there too and cheered on her kid sister. :)

PeaceNHarmony
05-21-2018, 08:02 PM
I don't mean to be misoginistic [[if that's the correct form). My comment is meant more as a statement of anyone, man [[Kenny Rodgers, anyone?) or woman who chooses to alter their appearance in such an unrealistic manner.

midnightman
05-21-2018, 08:05 PM
Nothing unrealistic about how she looks. She still takes care of herself in her early 50s. She will be our generation's Tina Turner if she remains in the business doing exactly what she does until she reaches the autumn of her years, which she still has ways to go. We should be thankful she's still here instead of meeting an early death like her brother, Whitney and Prince.

sansradio
05-21-2018, 08:06 PM
I don't mean to be misoginistic [[if that's the correct form). My comment is meant more as a statement of anyone, man [[Kenny Rodgers, anyone?) or woman who chooses to alter their appearance in such an unrealistic manner.

But every time you post about Janet, you use the same hackneyed, unfunny phrase. Give it a rest.

soulster
05-22-2018, 03:48 AM

I haven't seen anyone here do that. I also do not see any misogyny around here. If anything, there is a fair amount of misandry here. But, anyway...

soulster
05-22-2018, 03:51 AM
She never converted. And I agree, sans.

So, how's her marriage with her Muslim husband? Over? I didn't see or hear anything inconsistent with her speech or performance and Islam, but I also don't see how a Muslim could keep a marriage to a woman who won't convert.

soulster
05-22-2018, 03:52 AM
We should be thankful she's still here instead of meeting an early death like her brother, Whitney and Prince.

And Rick James.

midnightman
05-22-2018, 04:18 AM
So, how's her marriage with her Muslim husband? Over? I didn't see or hear anything inconsistent with her speech or performance and Islam, but I also don't see how a Muslim could keep a marriage to a woman who won't convert.

It's still in divorce court because both sides are fighting over custody of the boy. Janet wants full custody, her soon-to-be-ex wants joint custody.

Jaap
05-22-2018, 04:55 AM
Love the "Someday We'll be Together" sample at 2:16 [[which she used in "If") turned "Nasty" here.

midnightman
05-22-2018, 01:20 PM
Love the "Someday We'll be Together" sample at 2:16 [[which she used in "If") turned "Nasty" here.

I love how she mixes songs when she does her classics. She tries to keep it a little fresh but still retro enough for older fans. She's one of the fewest artists who could do that.

Guy
05-22-2018, 08:50 PM
But every time you post about Janet, you use the same hackneyed, unfunny phrase. Give it a rest.

Agreed. Janet looks great. Not sure why anyone would single her out -- she certainly is not the only one of the women we celebrate here who have had some cosmetic enhancement.

soulster
05-23-2018, 05:29 AM
It's still in divorce court because both sides are fighting over custody of the boy. Janet wants full custody, her soon-to-be-ex wants joint custody.

Ah-hah! I knew she couldn't be married to a Muslim and not convert. While I still didn't see anything in conflict with her soon-to-be husband...OK, maybe that dancer touching her leg...perhaps she was hinting at control issues in that speech.

soulster
05-23-2018, 05:32 AM
Agreed. Janet looks great. Not sure why anyone would single her out -- she certainly is not the only one of the women we celebrate here who have had some cosmetic enhancement. I think I understand sansradio's complaint now. It seems that every time a famous female person is mentioned, the discussion can't escape some comment on how she looks. Why is that so important to mention?

sansradio
05-23-2018, 04:00 PM
I think I understand sansradio's complaint now. It seems that every time a famous female person is mentioned, the discussion can't escape some comment on how she looks. Why is that so important to mention?

Bingo. Thank you.

Society doesn’t do this to men with the regularity that we do it to women. Unless your name rhymes with Cycle Taxin’. And that’s another thing: Janet is Michael-adjacent. I guess people have to have somebody to get their snarky licks in on now that he’s gone.

midnightman
05-23-2018, 06:08 PM
Misogyny is not cute.

soulster
05-23-2018, 06:16 PM
Misogyny is not cute.

Hatred or hostility toward anyone is not cute. Remember that misandry is still alive and well. It's getting worse with the #meetoo movement. And, there are the incels, and they are usually racist, too.