PDA

View Full Version : Freddy Cole's New LP 'My Mood Is You'

test

PeaceNHarmony
05-19-2018, 11:30 AM
Officially streaming on YouTube - Cole ALWAYS makes a great LP -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sibgCKysj8g&list=PLn-TQJKAKpw2EcM9sXsvvORtgxBozIW7-

TomatoTom123
05-31-2018, 07:58 PM
Hey PNH, I'm not familiar with Freddy at all really. Would you say he is more jazz or more soul? Or perhaps an equal combination of both? :D

sansradio
05-31-2018, 08:00 PM
Hey PNH, I'm not familiar with Freddy at all really. Would you say he is more jazz or more soul? Or perhaps an equal combination of both? :D

Hey, Tom, I’m not PNH, but Freddy is decidedly a jazz legend. He’s also the brother of Nat and uncle of Natalie.

TomatoTom123
05-31-2018, 08:11 PM
Hey, Tom, I’m not PNH, but Freddy is decidedly a jazz legend. He’s also the brother of Nat and uncle of Natalie.

Thanks sans. I looked him up and couldn't quite decide. I might check out some of his earlier albums. :)

PeaceNHarmony
05-31-2018, 08:14 PM
Hi there, Tom and Sans - always happy to read posts and opinions by the both of you. Freddie is indeed a jazz singer and pianist as well as younger brother of Nat King. Freddie has created his own career for decades now and is a great singer with impeccable taste in material and instrumentation. I love Freddie's lp's - he is, indeed, JAZZ!

sansradio
05-31-2018, 08:21 PM
^Yep. And in the words of the old song, “Jazz ain’t nothin’ but soul”!

Tom, I know you have an aversion to jazz, but I’d be willing to wager that you’d really dig some of it, like Miles Davis’ late-60s-early-70s funk explorations.😎

TomatoTom123
05-31-2018, 08:31 PM
LOL, I think that's exactly what I have sans :D

I checked out Freddy's 70s albums and liked them, especially One More Love Song, so that's good.

Now I have checked out Miles Davis before but I'm an all-or-nothing kinda guy, and I'm not sure I can quite get into a, ahem, 46-minute song about Gondwana, for example. Some of that stuff is waaaaay too trippy for me.

I have gone as far as Ramsey Lewis, whose 70s albums I have and quite like!!!! "aversion to jazz"... pff... what nonsense!!! :p

sansradio
05-31-2018, 08:33 PM
LOL, I think that's exactly what I have sans :D

I checked out Freddy's 70s albums and liked them, especially One More Love Song, so that's good.

Now I have checked out Miles Davis before but I'm an all-or-nothing kinda guy, and I'm not sure I can quite get into a, ahem, 46-minute song about Gondwana, for example. Some of that stuff is waaaaay too trippy for me.

I have gone as far as Ramsey Lewis, whose 70s albums I have and quite like!!!! "aversion to jazz"... pff... what nonsense!!! :p

Cool! There’s hope for you yet!!!😆

marv2
05-31-2018, 10:15 PM
Is he still alive?

sansradio
05-31-2018, 10:46 PM
Is he still alive?

Absolutely.