PDA

View Full Version : Linda Eder Question

test

daviddesper
05-14-2018, 12:16 AM
Granted she is not soul, but perhaps there are some fans on here who can add some insight to my question. I had been wondering why nothing new from her had come out in a while. Finally I found her website and realized that I had missed one CD about 2-3 years ago, self-released I assume, and that a brand new one is about to be released.

But the older one is $20 and the new one is apparently being sold as an autographed CD/DVD combo for $55. These prices floor me because I have shopped for music online for years and hardly ever pay more than $12-13 for any brand new release.

Is this what music-buying has come to? Why would a self-released CD cost so much?

PeaceNHarmony
05-14-2018, 09:21 AM
I would guess that the self-releases sell far fewer copies and therefore require higher selling prices to garner a profit. But there is also the greed / 'added value' factor of a signature ...

Circa 1824
05-14-2018, 07:38 PM
Linda Eder had one of the great pop voices of all time. I saw her live in NYC and was blown away by her instrument. Sadly, her husband wrote much of her material and it was not interesting, IMHO. It seemed to be a package, if you wanted Linda, her husband's compositions came with it.

Had Linda connected with the top pop producers, she would have been a major star. I have no idea what she is doing now.