PDA

View Full Version : Diana Ross and Johnny Mathis

test

Albator
05-09-2018, 02:28 AM
I often wondered if they knew each other. They do :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22gWeYIRK-U [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22gWeYIRK-U)

In a french newspaper, he said that "her ego was bigger than her wig" ;)

RanRan79
05-09-2018, 08:55 AM
He wasn't lying. Obviously she's one of my favorite singers ever, and Johnny has one of my favorite voices ever. Wish they had recorded something together.

milven
05-09-2018, 09:19 AM
What a nice combination that would have been. Years ago, I combined bother their versions of Wonderful Wonderful and tried to make some kind of duet out of it. Of course, it was very amateurish , but I enjoyed it.

Wish someone would put a professional version together and post it on YouTube

Johnny is still selling out concerts and he is 82

RanRan79
05-09-2018, 09:57 AM
That would be great, a mashup of "Wonderful, Wonderful". No surprise that he's still selling out concerts. He's still in very fine voice. Held up nicely, a clip I saw not too long ago.

midnightman
05-09-2018, 04:07 PM
Okay, Miss Johnny. :rolleyes: ;)

lakedistrictlad1
05-10-2018, 04:16 AM
In a french newspaper, he said that "her ego was bigger than her wig" ;)

Yeah but I bet he has a bigger wig somewhere in the back of his closet!

midnightman
05-10-2018, 05:53 PM
Yeah but I bet he has a bigger wig somewhere in the back of his closet!

OKAY! It's like a queen like myself to go on about someone's ego when our egos could be as much as theirs haha

Lest we forget the diva war between Luther and Anita in the '80s. ;)

Roberta75
05-10-2018, 10:10 PM
OKAY! It's like a queen like myself to go on about someone's ego when our egos could be as much as theirs haha

Lest we forget the diva war between Luther and Anita in the '80s. ;)

Now that Luther and Anita Diva battle was epic. LOL

RanRan79
05-13-2018, 09:45 AM
Does Johnny have an ego? I don't think I've ever heard about any of his "diva" moments. Diana, on the other hand, is legendary for hers. As I said before, Johnny didn't lie.

midnightman
05-13-2018, 04:09 PM
Does Johnny have an ego? I don't think I've ever heard about any of his "diva" moments. Diana, on the other hand, is legendary for hers. As I said before, Johnny didn't lie.

Heh... maybe not.

I know that many who've been in contact with him that said he was one of the nicest people they ever met.

I was just joking anyway. :)

captainjames
05-13-2018, 04:15 PM
HAHAHAHA
Johnny is a true star and gentlemen. I just can't believe any negative comments from him at all. He loves blueberries.

midnightman
05-13-2018, 04:19 PM
HAHAHAHA
Johnny is a true star and gentlemen. I just can't believe any negative comments from him at all. He loves blueberries.

I'm sure he meant it in a good way anyway. :D

But yeah he's very sweet. I saw his biography special [[I think) and, I mean, you can't help but fall in love. You see why he was a big deal in his heyday. :)

captainjames
05-13-2018, 04:31 PM
I'm sure he meant it in a good way anyway. :D

But yeah he's very sweet. I saw his biography special [[I think) and, I mean, you can't help but fall in love. You see why he was a big deal in his heyday. :)

Of course he is .....
Mr. Mathis is King Mathis and anyone who claims different is just plain out of touch.

RanRan79
05-13-2018, 11:52 PM
Heh... maybe not.

I know that many who've been in contact with him that said he was one of the nicest people they ever met.

I was just joking anyway. :)

Figured that, but I wondered if maybe there was something I hadn't heard.

captainjames
05-14-2018, 12:16 AM
Figured that, but I wondered if maybe there was something I hadn't heard.

Naw, he is a real class act and has a long history of beautiful music and no scandals. I believe the Supremes even said in the sixties that Johnny was one of their favorite singers. He liked them and they adored him.