PDA

View Full Version : Diana Ross will be on Oprah 25th Feb. 2011.

test

Pages : [1] 2 3

supreme_lady
02-08-2011, 09:54 AM
This information was posted on a Diana Ross message board this morning, so
I googled Diana on OPRAH and this came up, stroll down to see until you get to THE VIEW CO-HOST OPRAH on Friday live headline, I am really curious to know why Diana is going on Oprah, hmmmmmmm. http://images.proboards.com/new/undecided.png

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/entertainment/index [[http://content.usatoday.com/communities/entertainment/index)

topdiva1
02-08-2011, 10:54 AM
Thanks for the heads up. Surely Oprah will be in her full Ross glory.

But will she ask any HARD questions of the icon. Do not bet on it. Still this will be a feeding frenzy for those who care.

Like me!!!

carlo
02-08-2011, 12:01 PM
yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

carlo
02-08-2011, 12:38 PM
"Friday, February 25: The legendary Diana Ross comes to The Oprah Show stage for a rare interview and performance."

http://www.oprah.com/pressroom/One-Time-Only-TV-Events-This-February-on-The-Oprah-Winfrey-Show

miss_lish
02-08-2011, 12:42 PM
This information was posted on a Diana Ross message board this morning, so
I googled Diana on OPRAH and this came up, stroll down to see until you get to THE VIEW CO-HOST OPRAH on Friday live headline, I am really curious to know why Diana is going on Oprah, hmmmmmmm. http://images.proboards.com/new/undecided.png

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/entertainment/index [[http://content.usatoday.com/communities/entertainment/index)

LOVE IT!! It's been a while since Miss Ross has had a lengthy interview. Certainly she will discuss being a grandmother. Evan's CD drops in June, and there will be a duet on it. Perhaps she has a new CD to promote, and yet another leg of her tour commences on the February 28 in Austin, Texas, so she will certainly be promoting that and possibly European and other legs of the tour? This is Oprah's final season, and she has been doing shows that reflect that. Nice to see that Miss Ross will be included.

miss_lish
02-08-2011, 12:47 PM
Thanks for the heads up. Surely Oprah will be in her full Ross glory.

But will she ask any HARD questions of the icon. Do not bet on it. Still this will be a feeding frenzy for those who care.

Like me!!!

What hard questions would you like answers to, Tony?

Penny
02-08-2011, 01:17 PM
I wonder if Mary and Cindy will be there?

Roberta75
02-08-2011, 02:03 PM

I would love Florence's daughters along with Mary Wilson and Jean Terrell to be on Oprah with Diana.

tamla617
02-08-2011, 02:08 PM
is this appearance after she's been to the shops or before?
when can we expect more pics of her shopping,they are so interesting!

jobeterob
02-08-2011, 02:25 PM
I'm sure it is a "come as you are, no make up" appearance.

olamaebarto
02-08-2011, 03:59 PM

Well I've been told that Mary will be in the UK at the time. Interesting how this was scheduled at a time with Mary Wilson will not be in the US.

It's well known that Oprah is a Rosser. She promoted RTL in 2000 by having Ross on with Lynda and Scherrie. So maybe this shouldn't be a shock.

bradsupremes
02-08-2011, 04:26 PM
Well I've been told that Mary will be in the UK at the time. Interesting how this was scheduled at a time with Mary Wilson will not be in the US.

It's well known that Oprah is a Rosser. She promoted RTL in 2000 by having Ross on with Lynda and Scherrie. So maybe this shouldn't be a shock.

Actually Mary will be back in the US when this is filmed. The airdate is February 25th; however episodes are taped one to two weeks in advance. Mary doesn't kick off her UK tour until the 26th so the window of time in the US is the same as the taping.

I would like to see something happen, but I'm not holding my breath. It will be great to see Diana on Oprah though. I'm looking forward to it.

Roberta75
02-08-2011, 05:05 PM
Actually Mary will be back in the US when this is filmed. The airdate is February 25th; however episodes are taped one to two weeks in advance. Mary doesn't kick off her UK tour until the 26th so the window of time in the US is the same as the taping.

I would like to see something happen, but I'm not holding my breath. It will be great to see Diana on Oprah though. I'm looking forward to it.

So maybe Mary and Jean and Florence's daughters can be on Oprah with Diana.

elegant_soul
02-08-2011, 05:27 PM
I'm sure it is a "come as you are, no make up" appearance.

LOL!! I know I won't be watching it with my wig, teeth, or chin in place. Got to put potato chips on the shopping list, tho.....

smark21
02-08-2011, 09:26 PM
I would love Florence's daughters along with Mary Wilson and Jean Terrell to be on Oprah with Diana.

How about Scherrie, Susaye, Lynda, and Barbara Martin as well?

miss_lish
02-08-2011, 09:33 PM
Eso's thoughts on the tough questions:

Timmy Lopez-Fitzgerald <timmy_lopez_fitzgerald@msn.com>
View Contact
To: RosSORESwhichneverheal@yahoogroups.com
I have a feeling that if the topic of Gladys Horton does not come up on Wedneday, February 27th on Oprah with Diana we can pretty much assume it is a verboten topic that Oprah had to agree NOT to ask Diana about considering the vehicular manslaughter allegations.

Eso

What vehicular manslaughter violations?

midnightman
02-08-2011, 09:36 PM
To be honest I'll watch Oprah again if Aretha is willing to be on there since it's Oprah's last season and all. That said I will watch. It's been 18 years since she was last on there. After 1994 "Oprah" started to become irrelevant to me.

olamaebarto
02-08-2011, 09:37 PM

View Contact
I have a feeling that if the topic of Gladys Horton does not come up on Wedneday, February 27th on Oprah with Diana we can pretty much assume it is a verboten topic that Oprah had to agree NOT to ask Diana about considering the vehicular manslaughter allegations.

Eso

Talk about the ravings of a madwoman!

olamaebarto
02-08-2011, 09:38 PM
What hard questions would you like answers to, Tony?

I think mona2400 would like to know as well.

Penny
02-08-2011, 09:58 PM
All I will say is there is a potential Nobel Peace Prize in this for Oprah!

Roberta75
02-08-2011, 10:34 PM
How about Scherrie, Susaye, Lynda, and Barbara Martin as well?

That's too many people. All we need on Oprah with Diana Ross are Mary Wilson, Jean Terrill, Cindy Birdsong to sing the Lords Prayer and Florence Ballard's kids.

captainjames
02-08-2011, 10:58 PM
You may get Rhonda or Chudney in the audience but no former Supremes will be there.

midnightman
02-08-2011, 11:02 PM
All I will say is there is a potential Nobel Peace Prize in this for Oprah!

For what? This is just an interview with someone she's admired since she was 10.

carlo
02-08-2011, 11:04 PM
Don't forget that Diana is now a grandmother, so maybe she'll be talking about her grandson. She'll be performing, so maybe she'll perform the song she wrote for him. That would be cool.

midnightman
02-08-2011, 11:06 PM
^ Exactly! This will be the first time since she'll talk about something new happening in her life, I'm sure Oprah will mention that. :)

topdiva1
02-08-2011, 11:22 PM
ALREADY TAPED - or so I was told.

jobeterob
02-08-2011, 11:35 PM
Can we get Eso to come on SD? Then all the nuts that got listed in Diana's Dogs will be together in one place.

He is the funniest man, Rossnation and all; he what all the Rossers think; lives with his Dad apparently; wonder if there's a job besides covering Rossnation.

topdiva1
02-08-2011, 11:37 PM
^ now you know better hahahahaha

nomis
02-08-2011, 11:40 PM
why on earth would Jean be there ? she never really knew Diana or ever worked with her !! hopefully it will cover MJs will,Arnes death,DIU case,Return To Love,Her skills as a mother and her all round presence as a music goddess..

midnightman
02-08-2011, 11:49 PM
ALREADY TAPED - or so I was told.

Well most shows get taped in advance.

topdiva1
02-08-2011, 11:51 PM
Well most shows get taped in advance.

Yes they do - thanks. ^

nomis
02-09-2011, 02:25 AM
it has to be taped in advance as Diana is performing at the Golden Moon casinio Mississipi on that date

supreme_lady
02-09-2011, 03:35 AM
it has to be taped in advance as Diana is performing at the Golden Moon casinio Mississipi on that date

I am so excited about this:D, I have been wanting to see Miss Ross again on the Oprah show [[I know how much she admires her), I was starting to get worried that it ain't never going to happen again since this is Oprah's last season.
Should have known all along that Miss Ross will schedule herself into the show somehow, can't wait.:D

Koach
02-09-2011, 04:12 AM
I'm so excited! :D

honest man
02-09-2011, 09:09 AM
Supreme lady Diana , where can we view in the UK, ADVISE pretty pretty please and all that, cheers.

supreme_lady
02-09-2011, 09:35 AM
Supreme lady Diana , where can we view in the UK, ADVISE pretty pretty please and all that, cheers.

I was planning to watch it on YOUTUBE, as you can bet it will be on the YOUTUBE site on the same day or the following day it was aired.
And I wonder whether it will be on any of the CABLE or SKY channels, but for the UK though, it probably wouldn't be aired until next month or something.

skooldem1
02-09-2011, 10:27 AM
Also on the OWN network they have a new show that is basically the "Oprah Show season 25" behind the scenes. Not sure if Diana's show will be included, but its something else to look forward to. I've caught that show a couple of times and it is a good show.

miss_lish
02-09-2011, 02:42 PM

View Contact

Eso

It finally clicked; Eso is alluding to the blind boy automobile incident between Miss Ross and Gladys on the Motortown Review tour. LOL! Pretty funny actually.

miss_lish
02-09-2011, 02:43 PM
I think mona2400 would like to know as well.

Who is mona2400? Another 20-something college student and Tony Turner fan?

theboyfromxtown
02-09-2011, 07:04 PM
It finally clicked; Eso is alluding to the blind boy automobile incident between Miss Ross and Gladys on the Motortown Review tour. LOL! Pretty funny actually.

Would Miss Lish care to explain what happened please?

theboyfromxtown
02-09-2011, 07:05 PM
Has Mary Wilson every appeared on Oprah?

midnightman
02-09-2011, 07:08 PM
^ Not that I know of.

theboyfromxtown
02-09-2011, 07:15 PM
Hmm...interesting. I thought that was the case and I find that hard to understand.

Oprah was supposedly very affected by that first Supremes performance. So why avoid an original Supreme from such a vivid memory. It doesn't add up.

Is there history that I dont know about?

jobeterob
02-09-2011, 07:17 PM
Rather ironic but Diana seems to have this lineup behind her [[or beside her) of Berry, Smokey, Michael [[had), Barbara W., Oprah, Rick James [[had), Beyonce, Cindy, Lynda, Scherrie. I wonder what that means.

theboyfromxtown
02-09-2011, 07:23 PM
Rob

I think it's more about who she don't!

LOL

Roberta75
02-09-2011, 07:26 PM

Mary Wilson, Cindy Birdsong, Jean Terrill and Florence Ballard's children should all be on Oprah with Diana Ross.

theboyfromxtown
02-09-2011, 07:34 PM
My ideal match would be to have Barbara Martin, Mary and Diana with their guitar player, Marv Tarplin. Now that would be the ultimate dream for me.

It'll be up to the man to make it happen! HAHA

REDHOT
02-09-2011, 07:40 PM
It would be great to see the real,DIANA ROSS AND THE SUPREMES,MARY WILSON AND CINDY BIRDSONG on OPRAH,For the last time.[[smile)
Please stay positive

Penny
02-09-2011, 10:36 PM
My ideal match would be to have Barbara Martin, Mary and Diana with their guitar player, Marv Tarplin. Now that would be the ultimate dream for me.

It'll be up to the man to make it happen! HAHA

That sounds like a very nice dream to have theboyfrommxtown.

Roberta75
02-09-2011, 10:48 PM
Does Barbara Martin still sing? Last I heard she a Podiatrist in Wisconsin.

miss_lish
02-10-2011, 01:09 AM
Would Miss Lish care to explain what happened please?

With pleasure!

"Sometimes, though the rowdiness got dangerous. At one point, Gladys and Diana were feuding over some criticism Gladys had about the Supremes' dresses. Before she went on stage that night, Gladys was handed a note by one of the theatre employees: 'Diane is gonna kick your butt after the show.'

After the performance, Horton was accompanying Lee Garrett, a blind youngster, across a parking lot when Diana made her move. She was sitting behind the wheel of a station wagon waiting for Mary and Florence. When she saw Gladys, she stepped on the gas pedal and headed straight for her and the boy. The two of them stood frozen in the parking lot. Diana hit the brakes just as the car came to a screeching halt just a few feet away from Gladys and Lee. Gladys was understandably infuriated. She stood in front of the car and began screaming at Diana. "Go on ahead and hit me! Hit me! You crazy bitch!

Diana rolled down the window, gave Gladys the finger, rolled it back up and sped off laughing."

J.R. Taraborelli [[1989) Call her Miss Ross

Miss Lish is no lawyer, but this doesn't appear to rise to the level of vehicular manslaughter. ;o)

bradsupremes
02-10-2011, 01:10 AM
Wisconsin? Where did you hear that? From what I read in the "Meet The Supremes" deluxe edition, Barbara still lives in Detroit and has a degree in Psychology.

I think it would be great to see the surviving original Supremes together, but I don't think Diana and Barbara have spoken since she left the group in 1962.

Hell, they should just turn Diana's appearance on Oprah into an episode of "This Is Your Life."

jobeterob
02-10-2011, 02:50 AM
Well, we've not heard her sing since He's Seventeen, so probably not. It would be great if some or all of these people could be somehow involved in the show; but Oprah's people will want to stick with people who would give them ratings and name recognition. It isn't going to happen. Sounds like it will be an interview and a performance. We'll see.

marv2
02-10-2011, 03:02 AM
Well does she anything to sale, to hawk at this time? Everyone knows that if you have a hot book, a hot CD, a hot made for TV movie or a hot reunion tour, Oprah is the go to person! Oprah can insure a huge surge in sales ,etc for anyone. . ...... urrr well for just about anyone! LOL!

robbert
02-10-2011, 03:39 AM
On an Oprah page it says: "...the Oprah Winfrey Show today announced a February full of exclusive, once-in-a-lifetime television events, incredible reunions and appearances by some of music's biggest stars."

So this door could swing every which way... :confused:

Step out of your unrealistic dreaming shoes.

Oprah only wants Diana. It's so obvious.
The Supremes gave birth to just one diva.
And the Diana show has already been taped, anyway.

theboyfromxtown
02-10-2011, 03:53 AM
Miss Lish

Thank you sweetheart. I need to read that book sometime....just too many big words for me!

smark21
02-10-2011, 08:46 AM
With pleasure!

"Sometimes, though the rowdiness got dangerous. At one point, Gladys and Diana were feuding over some criticism Gladys had about the Supremes' dresses. Before she went on stage that night, Gladys was handed a note by one of the theatre employees: 'Diane is gonna kick your butt after the show.'

After the performance, Horton was accompanying Lee Garrett, a blind youngster, across a parking lot when Diana made her move. She was sitting behind the wheel of a station wagon waiting for Mary and Florence. When she saw Gladys, she stepped on the gas pedal and headed straight for her and the boy. The two of them stood frozen in the parking lot. Diana hit the brakes just as the car came to a screeching halt just a few feet away from Gladys and Lee. Gladys was understandably infuriated. She stood in front of the car and began screaming at Diana. "Go on ahead and hit me! Hit me! You crazy bitch!

Diana rolled down the window, gave Gladys the finger, rolled it back up and sped off laughing."

Miss Lish is no lawyer, but this doesn't appear to rise to the level of vehicular manslaughter. ;o)

I wonder if the character of Regan when possessed by the devil in The Exorcist was based on Diana Ross?

marybrewster
02-10-2011, 10:09 AM
Well does she anything to sale, to hawk at this time? Everyone knows that if you have a hot book, a hot CD, a hot made for TV movie or a hot reunion tour, Oprah is the go to person! Oprah can insure a huge surge in sales ,etc for anyone. . ...... urrr well for just about anyone! LOL!

Oprah has stated several times this year that she has hand picked her guests for her final season. She does not want anyone on her show that is promoting anything, such as a book, CD, movie or tour.

marybrewster
02-10-2011, 10:18 AM

In person, I don't believe so. But she has been discussed several times over the years and there have been several clips shown of her [[as a Supreme) performing.

marybrewster
02-10-2011, 10:19 AM
On an Oprah page it says: "...the Oprah Winfrey Show today announced a February full of exclusive, once-in-a-lifetime television events, incredible reunions and appearances by some of music's biggest stars."

So this door could swing every which way... :confused:

Step out of your unrealistic dreaming shoes.

Oprah only wants Diana. It's so obvious.
The Supremes gave birth to just one diva.
And the Diana show has already been taped, anyway.

LOLz. You sure know a lot about Oprah, roBbert.

marybrewster
02-10-2011, 10:20 AM
With pleasure!

I don't believe this story for one second. Another Motown myth.

captainjames
02-10-2011, 10:21 AM
With pleasure!

Hey John
I do remember asking Gladys about this while she was living and I will be glad to tell you what she told me. It didn't happen like this and I will email you offline.

carlo
02-10-2011, 11:20 AM
Captainjames: I would also be interested in hearing Gladys' version of this story. :D

gary_james
02-10-2011, 12:12 PM
How sugar coated will that interview be?

Roberta75
02-10-2011, 12:48 PM
Wisconsin? Where did you hear that? From what I read in the "Meet The Supremes" deluxe edition, Barbara still lives in Detroit and has a degree in Psychology.

I think it would be great to see the surviving original Supremes together, but I don't think Diana and Barbara have spoken since she left the group in 1962.

Hell, they should just turn Diana's appearance on Oprah into an episode of "This Is Your Life."

Maybe it is Detroit where Barbara Martin works in Podiatry.

miss_lish
02-10-2011, 12:53 PM
Captainjames: I would also be interested in hearing Gladys' version of this story. :D

I think we all would Carlo; however the espionage tactics practiced in SupremesNation will most likely prevent that from happening. I do know that in Randy's second book, he totally glossed over this story; so, that led me to believe it had been embellished.

marybrewster
02-10-2011, 12:58 PM
I think we all would Carlo; however the espionage tactics practiced in SupremesNation will most likely prevent that from happening. I do know that in Randy's second book, he totally glossed over this story; so, that led me to believe it had been embellished.

Exactly miss_lish. To clarify my post from above; I don't believe for one second that it happened THIS WAY. I'm sure that there was some sort of confrontation, but I HIGHLY doubt Diana would seriously risk the lives of others, ESPECIALLY a child.

Funny thing, I bet 1000 sequins that Diana doesn't even remember this story, yet "the fans" have hung on to every word.

miss_lish
02-10-2011, 01:00 PM
I wonder if the character of Regan when possessed by the devil in The Exorcist was based on Diana Ross?

Yes! And Miss Lish was told, Cruella Deville, all of the Disney female villains, Nurse Ratchet, Glen Close in Fatal Attraction, Jessica Walter in Play Misty for Me, and the Alien. Miss Ross is a *S*U*P*E*S*T*A*R* baby. Florence Ballard inspired Snow White.

miss_lish
02-10-2011, 01:16 PM
Miss Lish

Thank you sweetheart. I need to read that book sometime....just too many big words for me!

You're welcome my darling. Did you fail Divadom 101? Diva's don't read, that's what minions are for, dear.

theboyfromxtown
02-10-2011, 06:42 PM
Fail! Me

Oh no dear, I didn't fail...I never got to the registration stage.

I was having a bad hair day!

lol

smark21
02-10-2011, 09:56 PM
How sugar coated will that interview be?

It's highly unlikely that Oprah will give Ross the James Frey treatment. And I doubt Ross will say much of interest. She's never been a very compelling interview. Between the Motown training in which she was taught to be non revealing and my own impression that she's doesn't possess a sparkling intelligence.

midnightman
02-10-2011, 09:59 PM
I never believed that story about Diana running over Gladys or attempting to. Just plain nonsense. Print a lie and have a million people believe it and it automatically becomes a fact no matter what both parties' accounts are. Gladys' version of that story may be far less dramatic than what the book made it out to be.

smark21
02-10-2011, 10:31 PM
I never believed that story about Diana running over Gladys or attempting to. Just plain nonsense. Print a lie and have a million people believe it and it automatically becomes a fact no matter what both parties' accounts are. Gladys' version of that story may be far less dramatic than what the book made it out to be.

In the Marvelettes book Marc Taylor wrote, Gladys says she and Diana had their fights, but it was mostly kid stuff as they were teens at the time.

miss_lish
02-11-2011, 12:25 AM
It's highly unlikely that Oprah will give Ross the James Frey treatment. And I doubt Ross will say much of interest. She's never been a very compelling interview. Between the Motown training in which she was taught to be non revealing and my own impression that she's doesn't possess a sparkling intelligence.

I think Diana Ross was right when she said, "I'm the intelligent one." One doesn't reach the heights she has reached without intelligence; however, I think Miss Ross suffers from taking herself too seriously and life-long insecurity. I think this may be why she doesn't sparkle in interviews; although there have been exceptions. There was one interview during the LSTB, Mahogany days when she was at the top of her game where the same spark she has on stage was apparent during the interview. Also, it seems she is much more at ease with the foreign press that she is at home. Below is an snippet of the interview from the LSTB, Mahogany days that I referenced:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJgwct9o7T4

jobeterob
02-11-2011, 03:35 AM
Smark and Miss Lish ~ you both have good points and I agree with both of you; it is a subject not often broached; but I saw it cause a scuffle once.

I think Diana is smart like Berry was intuitively smart; like Michael was intuitively smart; to be honest, Mary Wilson learned it too. Diana has been in the business forever; no one screws her anymore; you don't climb the heights she climbed with being able to do a quick read and be street smart, picking things up quickly and acting on them effectively.

But she isn't book smart; people very close to her have seen her writing and it's modest. She doesn't have a university education. Her interviews aren't revealing. They are never going to be. She is a private person. She suffers from a lack of confidence and shyness. Generally, there isn't much to the interviews.

I would also say..........so what. Aretha is no different in terms of intelligence and she did very well in another sense. These women don't operate where Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama work.

supreme_lady
02-11-2011, 05:48 AM
I think Diana Ross was right when she said, "I'm the intelligent one." One doesn't reach the heights she has reached without intelligence; however, I think Miss Ross suffers from taking herself too seriously and life-long insecurity. I think this may be why she doesn't sparkle in interviews; although there have been exceptions. There was one interview during the LSTB, Mahogany days when she was at the top of her game where the same spark she has on stage was apparent during the interview. Also, it seems she is much more at ease with the foreign press that she is at home. Below is an snippet of the interview from the LSTB, Mahogany days that I referenced:

You never know, this upcoming interview with Oprah might be an exception, maybe this is when we are going to see Diana finally open up, I have been on some Michael Jackson boards & forums, LET'S JUST SAY THEIR EXPECTATION ARE VERY HIGH on what Diana will say about their beloved Michael and they sure are expecting Diana to talk a lot about Michael just because he named her in his final WILL, BOY!! are they in for a major disappointment but then again maybe Diana would feel now is the time to talk about MJ and what she think about his WILL.

http://mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=105692

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/8o852p

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=192757074085055&comments

And insults towards Oprah, Michael fans really doesn't like Oprah Winfrey, do they????

I really don't need Diana to reveal anything for me to enjoy her, she might not be book smart but she sure is well spoken and I have enjoyed all of Diana's appearance on Oprah especially with her first appearance back in 1993, Oprah was practically drooling over Miss Ross, LOL!!!

topdiva1
02-11-2011, 08:19 AM
I don't believe this story for one second. Another Motown myth.

Believe it - honey it's true.

topdiva1
02-11-2011, 08:21 AM
You never know, this upcoming interview with Oprah might be an exception, maybe this is when we are going to see Diana finally open up, I have been on some Michael Jackson boards & forums, LET'S JUST SAY THEIR EXPECTATION ARE VERY HIGH on what Diana will say about their beloved Michael and they sure are expecting Diana to talk a lot about Michael just because he named her in his final WILL, BOY!! are they in for a major disappointment but then again maybe Diana would feel now is the time to talk about MJ and what she think about his WILL.

http://mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=105692

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/8o852p

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=192757074085055&comments

And insults towards Oprah, Michael fans really doesn't like Oprah Winfrey, do they????

I really don't need Diana to reveal anything for me to enjoy her, she might not be book smart but she sure is well spoken and I have enjoyed all of Diana's appearance on Oprah especially with her first appearance back in 1993, Oprah was practically drooling over Miss Ross, LOL!!!

They need to lower there expectations - you will learn no more or no less than any true Diana or MJ fan already knows. While Diana will comment on MJ - the focus will be on Diana Ross.

No appearances by Mary - Cindy - LIVE.

Just Ross.

supreme_lady
02-11-2011, 09:04 AM
They need to lower there expectations - you will learn no more or no less than any true Diana or MJ fan already knows. While Diana will comment on MJ - the focus will be on Diana Ross.

Just Ross.

You are right, I believe the interview will be focused mostly on Diana and what's been happening in her live lately, I think the Michael subject will be brought up because of the WILL, Diana might want to talk about it or she might not, depend on what mood she's in.

Roberta75
02-11-2011, 10:09 AM

Just Ross.

No Barbara Martin or Florence Ballard's children? Why not?

smark21
02-12-2011, 12:38 AM

Well "intelligent one" was scripted as part of their club act. Who knows if the writers wrote it sincerely [[as when they applied "sexy one" to Mary) or ironically [[when they applied "quiet one" to Florence).

But you're right in that Diana is intelligent. One has to be intelligent to become the performer she became as she soaked in a lot of knowledge to become the star performer. But I'm not sure if she has all that much curiosity about the world beyond her career or family. Off stage she could just very well be a very dull individual much of the time.

miss_lish
02-12-2011, 05:02 AM
Of course the "intelligent one" was scripted, but I think there is some truth to that. However, I am not gonna get into a useless debate about which Supreme was more intelligent. You're right, off stage she very well may be dull; however, none of us have spoken to her, so the truth is we don't know. This is was drives me crazy about fans making assumptions about things they have no idea about. I don't think she comes across as unintelligent in interviews, I think guarded would be more descriptive, especially recently. I think she speaks mostly about career and family because those are two topics that are safe; no one will criticize her for discussing those topics. What I find more compelling are the comments of those who have worked closely with her: Lumut, Masser, Furie, DePasse, Gordy, Mackie, Rodgers, Simmons, Cher, Gaye, just a few off of the top of my head. Many have raved about what a pleasant experience it was to work with her, some have mentioned her intelligence. These are not the stories we hear about however; more often, we hear about her attempts to mow down little blind boys, and etc. Particularly compelling to me with regard to intelligence is her marriage to Naess. Of course he is a male so many will naturally perceive that he is intelligent; although, he very well may have been thick. Highly unlikely, considering his success in the shipping industry; she managed to hold his interest for thirteen years. That's saying something.

Koach
02-12-2011, 05:07 AM
I had a feeling that confrontation with Diana and Gladys was exagerrated. It seemed a bit over-the-top to be true... like something from a soap opera/movie. In fact, I remember a movie where something almost identical to this almost happened. I can't remember the name of it or who starred in it. I believe it was from the 90's.

supreme_lady
02-12-2011, 10:21 AM
Of course the "intelligent one" was scripted, but I think there is some truth to that. However, I am not gonna get into a useless debate about which Supreme was more intelligent. You're right, off stage she very well may be dull; however, none of us have spoken to her, so the truth is we don't know. This is was drives me crazy about fans making assumptions about things they have no idea about. I don't think she comes across as unintelligent in interviews, I think guarded would be more descriptive, especially recently. I think she speaks mostly about career and family because those are two topics that are safe; no one will criticize her for discussing those topics. What I find more compelling are the comments of those who have worked closely with her: Lumut, Masser, Furie, DePasse, Gordy, Mackie, Rodgers, Simmons, Cher, Gaye, just a few off of the top of my head. Many have raved about what a pleasant experience it was to work with her, some have mentioned her intelligence. These are not the stories we hear about however; more often, we hear about her attempts to mow down little blind boys, and etc. Particularly compelling to me with regard to intelligence is her marriage to Naess. Of course he is a male so many will naturally perceive that he is intelligent; although, he very well may have been thick. Highly unlikely, considering his success in the shipping industry; she managed to hold his interest for thirteen years. That's saying something.

Couldn't have said it better myself, I think it is very insulting in the first place calling Diana "unintelligent", as that sure is no compliment, this is more or less calling her stupid and that's one thing Diana ain't:[[
As you said she comes across in interviews as very guarded and cautious and like to keep to the safe subjects, that doesn't make her "UNINTELLIGENT".

thaperson
02-13-2011, 03:49 PM
I believe Mary Wilson appeared on Oprah to promote "Dreamgirl" in 86/87. Oprah was still working her way up then, so it was a thrill to have a guest of Miss Wilson's caliber on.

It would be foolish to have Mary on now anyway, unless it was directly related to Ross. There's been nothing of note to promote in ages, unless Oprah did a show on that low bugeted documentary she appeared in a few years back.

From what I heard over the years, Winfrey wanted to organize a reunion after RTL and the Arizona incident, but Diana wants nothing to do with a reunion. Apparently she meant it when she said "been there, done that".

captainjames
02-13-2011, 04:11 PM
lol I think Diana has surrounded herself with the right people and has weeded out the ones that have been a negative foce in her life. She has made some very wise investments and manage to survive the vulgers that prey on individuals. She may not have been the prettiest girl at Motown or even the one with the best voice in the studio but what she did have was the drive and she knew what she wanted and how to get it. That in itself makes her intelligent or wise.

Anyway, I remember once asking Mary about the "sexy one" title and she was quick to say that it was Diana that tagged her that title.

Now where the "quiet one" came from I have no idea except maybe it was a pun to say Flo was never quiet about anything.

REDHOT
02-14-2011, 03:27 AM
No,DIANA has never open up,and yes,we fans,want her to open up,[[like mself)but DIANA don't have to open up to anyone,she's a grown women,it would be nice,if she did,but she,don't have to.
Please stay positive

supreme_lady
02-15-2011, 09:54 AM
lol I think Diana has surrounded herself with the right people and has weeded out the ones that have been a negative foce in her life. She has made some very wise investments and manage to survive the vulgers that prey on individuals. She may not have been the prettiest girl at Motown or even the one with the best voice in the studio but what she did have was the drive and she knew what she wanted and how to get it. That in itself makes her intelligent or wise.

Anyway, I remember once asking Mary about the "sexy one" title and she was quick to say that it was Diana that tagged her that title.

Now where the "quiet one" came from I have no idea except maybe it was a pun to say Flo was never quiet about anything.

Couldn't have said it better myself:D, one thing Miss Ross ain't is DUMB.

I am getting more and more excited as the day of the Oprah interview draws near, can't help myself when it comes to Ms Diana Ross:D

theboyfromxtown
02-15-2011, 10:08 AM
Supreme_lady

"I am getting more and more excited as the day of the Oprah interview draws near, can't help myself ......"

A quick dose of Sugar Pie Honey Bunch might calm your nerves!

*Smile*

topdiva1
02-15-2011, 10:50 AM
I believe Mary Wilson appeared on Oprah to promote "Dreamgirl" in 86/87. Oprah was still working her way up then, so it was a thrill to have a guest of Miss Wilson's caliber on.

It would be foolish to have Mary on now anyway, unless it was directly related to Ross. There's been nothing of note to promote in ages, unless Oprah did a show on that low bugeted documentary she appeared in a few years back.

From what I heard over the years, Winfrey wanted to organize a reunion after RTL and the Arizona incident, but Diana wants nothing to do with a reunion. Apparently she meant it when she said "been there, done that".

Mary Wilson did not appear on Oprah to promote Dreamgirl My Life As A Supreme. She was passed over by Oprah who had been trying for years to book Diana Ross and did not want to upset Diana by booking Mary Wilson - thus - Oprah did get Diana to sit for an unterview for doing Diana the "FAVOR" not to book Mary.

Really quite wicked of them.

topdiva1
02-15-2011, 10:53 AM
You are right, I believe the interview will be focused mostly on Diana and what's been happening in her live lately, I think the Michael subject will be brought up because of the WILL, Diana might want to talk about it or she might not, depend on what mood she's in.

You will see that you are right.

topdiva1
02-15-2011, 10:55 AM
I had a feeling that confrontation with Diana and Gladys was exagerrated. It seemed a bit over-the-top to be true... like something from a soap opera/movie. In fact, I remember a movie where something almost identical to this almost happened. I can't remember the name of it or who starred in it. I believe it was from the 90's.

Being a "...bit over-the- top", has made and kept Diana Ross a star - and honey, yes it is a true story. Or are you calling Mary Wilson a liar.

Koach
02-15-2011, 12:43 PM
I didn't know it was her who told the story. I'm not calling her a liar. I'm just saying it's natural for stories to get twisted over time as they're passed down to others... sort of like that kid's game where one says a secret into another's ear and so forth. I didn't mean anything against Mary Wilson, please believe me.

jobeterob
02-15-2011, 07:34 PM
From Diana Ross, Facebook:

Mark your calendars! Tune in to the Oprah Show on 2/25 for an interview and performance!

Roberta75
02-15-2011, 07:39 PM
Mary Wilson did not appear on Oprah to promote Dreamgirl My Life As A Supreme. She was passed over by Oprah who had been trying for years to book Diana Ross and did not want to upset Diana by booking Mary Wilson - thus - Oprah did get Diana to sit for an unterview for doing Diana the "FAVOR" not to book Mary.

Really quite wicked of them.

Are you presenting this as fact or hearsay Ma'am? The good book of Timothy says the following.

“Besides, they get into the habit of being idle and going about from house to house. And not only do they become idlers, but also gossips and busybodies, saying things they ought not to”

jobeterob
02-15-2011, 07:44 PM
From Diana Ross, Facebook:

Mark your calendars! Tune in to the Oprah Show on 2/25 for an interview and performance!

Penny
02-15-2011, 09:56 PM
Some of them bitches here are fierce! If you need a make over hit me up. I have many AVON products that will make you look better. You may not feel better and the Lord may not care but I do. Call Penny.

topdiva1
02-16-2011, 12:01 AM
I didn't know it was her who told the story. I'm not calling her a liar. I'm just saying it's natural for stories to get twisted over time as they're passed down to others... sort of like that kid's game where one says a secret into another's ear and so forth. I didn't mean anything against Mary Wilson, please believe me.

The story is in DREAMGIRL MY LIFE AS A SUPREME

topdiva1
02-16-2011, 10:24 AM
Exactly miss_lish. To clarify my post from above; I don't believe for one second that it happened THIS WAY. I'm sure that there was some sort of confrontation, but I HIGHLY doubt Diana would seriously risk the lives of others, ESPECIALLY a child.

Funny thing, I bet 1000 sequins that Diana doesn't even remember this story, yet "the fans" have hung on to every word.

Mary Wilson was an EYEWITNESS to this story and revealed it in her book Dreamgirl My Life As A Supreme. In was in other books as well. Of course it was not in the Ross memoir - Secrets Of A Sparrow - but then nothing negative about herself was.

Expect nothing more from her on Oprah - the most revealing will likely be her life as a grandmother. It is a soft interview - a tribute by Oprah to Diana Ross. A great staged performance and an interview that goes for the emotionally touching - and the grace and life of a great misunderstood star.

Watch what I am telling you.

skooldem1
02-16-2011, 10:32 AM
Dreamgirl..the book came out around 1986. Diana didn't appear on Oprah until 1993. You mean to tell me that Oprah didn't have Mary on her show for 7 years HOPING she would land a Diana Ross interview? How about something more realistic. It is quite possible that Oprah just doesn't like Mary Wilson. Perhaps Mary, and that book rubbed Oprah the wrong way. Maybe Oprah sees Mary as opportunistic, jealous, and vindictive and wants nothing to do with her.

topdiva1
02-16-2011, 10:44 AM
Dreamgirl..the book came out around 1986. Diana didn't appear on Oprah until 1993. You mean to tell me that Oprah didn't have Mary on her show for 7 years HOPING she would land a Diana Ross interview? How about something more realistic. It is quite possible that Oprah just doesn't like Mary Wilson. Perhaps Mary, and that book rubbed Oprah the wrong way. Maybe Oprah sees Mary as opportunistic, jealous, and vindictive and wants nothing to do with her.

Yes that is just what I mean to tell you.

You are likely near point on all that you say - EXCEPT - it is true that Oprah was made to wait even more than the seven years you counted - she had BEGGED ROSS for years to go on her show.

Ross was fearful of open mike questions - and finally Oprah and the shows producers went with her request to take only questions that guest had written on cards, that Ross could chose herself - that first interview was carefully scripted - as this one has been as well.

The beauty of Ross, is she has the talent to make it appear natural, and effortless.

And you are likely right about Oprah not liking Mary Wilson or her books. But to each his own.

detmotownguy
02-16-2011, 11:16 AM
The sexy one was quietly taking the notes. Simply a wonderful diary; it was turned into a book that was years in the making. Oprah, sorry the truth tarnished your idealistic vision, as it did for many. I know, the truth does hurt.

chestersong
02-16-2011, 03:52 PM
I think Oprah is like everyone. She has favorites from her youth days. I like other musical groups but that does not mean i want to talk to every member of those groups. Just the ones a really enjoy. oprah seems to like Diana and knows her viewers do as well.

marv2
02-16-2011, 05:01 PM

What y'all are forgetting is that in the Fall of 1986, Phil Donahue had the top daytime talk show in the nation reaching far more viewers than any of his closest competitors. Also in the Fall of 1986, "The Oprah Winfrey Show" went into national syndication. We still did not know who she was at that time other than some fat chick out of Baltimore to be blunt!

Mary's PR people chose "The Phil Donahue Show" as the first national television program for Mary to go on to promote her book. Now, it is MY theory that Oprah may have taken offense that one of her childhood idols would go on the competitors show and not hers first ! Now there was some talk there after about Mary coming on Oprah's show, but something about the planned line of questioning did not sit well with Mary's people. This is what I recall happening.

midnightman
02-16-2011, 06:20 PM
Forget y'all [[and I say that politely to ALL OF Y'ALL lol)... I'm gonna see if Oprah books Aretha and I'll be watching Diana just to see if they're gonna talk about Michael [[I doubt it but Oprah has been persistent as of late). This ain't even about the Supremes anymore.

jobeterob
02-16-2011, 07:28 PM
As one long time Forum member recently told me, the way to reinvigorate this forum, to bring back members that left long ago, is to NOT EVEN MOUTH THE WORD "SUPREMES".

Diana might use it, but I bet Oprah wont!

stephanie
02-16-2011, 07:39 PM
I agree topdiva I will watch being a Diana and Motown fan but there will be no new revelations. The ONLY thing that would make my hair stand on end is if Mary Wilson walked out on stage. I could hear Oprah now "We have a surprise for Diana Ross" and from behind the stage in walks Mary Wilson!!!!

People dont believe that Ross hand picks her questions. Remember when Ross was on Oprah and she asked her was it true that you would put your hands up in front of the other Supremes faces? They cut to a commercial and Diana put her hands up like she was doing it and never answered the question.

topdiva1
02-16-2011, 07:42 PM
What y'all are forgetting is that in the Fall of 1986, Phil Donahue had the top daytime talk show in the nation reaching far more viewers than any of his closest competitors. Also in the Fall of 1986, "The Oprah Winfrey Show" went into national syndication. We still did not know who she was at that time other than some fat chick out of Baltimore to be blunt!

Mary's PR people chose "The Phil Donahue Show" as the first national television program for Mary to go on to promote her book. Now, it is MY theory that Oprah may have taken offense that one of her childhood idols would go on the competitors show and not hers first ! Now there was some talk there after about Mary coming on Oprah's show, but something about the planned line of questioning did not sit well with Mary's people. This is what I recall happening.

And you recall correct to the letter of the facts.

topdiva1
02-16-2011, 07:44 PM
Forget y'all [[and I say that politely to ALL OF Y'ALL lol)... I'm gonna see if Oprah books Aretha and I'll be watching Diana just to see if they're gonna talk about Michael [[I doubt it but Oprah has been persistent as of late). This ain't even about the Supremes anymore.

Diana Ross does indeed talk about Micheal Jackson - so - stay tuned - but do not expect anything revealing - just heartfelt emotion - as best as Diana can serve it up - and ya know she can. LOL

topdiva1
02-16-2011, 07:46 PM
As one long time Forum member recently told me, the way to reinvigorate this forum, to bring back members that left long ago, is to NOT EVEN MOUTH THE WORD "SUPREMES".

I will take that bet - how much!

topdiva1
02-16-2011, 07:48 PM
I agree topdiva I will watch being a Diana and Motown fan but there will be no new revelations. The ONLY thing that would make my hair stand on end is if Mary Wilson walked out on stage. I could hear Oprah now "We have a surprise for Diana Ross" and from behind the stage in walks Mary Wilson!!!!

People dont believe that Ross hand picks her questions. Remember when Ross was on Oprah and she asked her was it true that you would put your hands up in front of the other Supremes faces? They cut to a commercial and Diana put her hands up like she was doing it and never answered the question.

I certainly do remember that. Ross is wise to pick her questions - people today do not have much tack - and Ross is not ready to answer many things.

Your hair will not stand on end - there will be no Mary Wilson - I promise. LOL

theboyfromxtown
02-16-2011, 07:52 PM
I hope this doesn't seem too dumb.

Does the fact that Mary Wilson's camp chose The Phil Donahue Show mean that she is not permitted, allowed or whatever, to go on the Oprah show? And presumably the reverse is also the case...or is it?

Is this about a rivalry between TV stations, the personalities or just these two TV programmes.

topdiva1
02-16-2011, 08:00 PM

Does the fact that Mary Wilson's camp chose The Phil Donahue Show mean that she is not permitted, allowed or whatever, to go on the Oprah show? And presumably the reverse is also the case...or is it?

Is this about a rivalry between TV stations, the personalities or just these two TV programmes.

Back then every TV program wanted to be first - the same follows now - However - Oprah is very very pro Diana Ross - and is not interested as much in Mary Wilson. It is highly likely that Oprah who is now a personal friend of her childhood idol Ross - will NEVER interview Mary Wilson - for fear of losing Diana's friendship.

Yes my friends - it is still that petty.

Roberta75
02-16-2011, 08:04 PM
Back then every TV program wanted to be first - the same follows now - However - Oprah is very very pro Diana Ross - and is not interested as much in Mary Wilson. It is highly likely that Oprah who is now a personal friend of her childhood idol Ross - will NEVER interview Mary Wilson - for fear of losing Diana's friendship.

Is this your personal opinion Ma'am or do you know this to be factual?

theboyfromxtown
02-16-2011, 08:11 PM

Thank you TopDiva1 for that explanation.

I thought that the US was focussed solely on ratings so it would seem, as you say, very petty for Oprah to pass over an important guest like Mary. Surely the ratings for both ladies are not that worlds apart. Certainly you guys on SD would be watching both!

topdiva1
02-16-2011, 08:13 PM

Diana will offer her heart felt shock over the death of MJ - talk about her new grandchild, her children - her highly successful tour - and the joy of her memories of Motown - even The Supremes. It will be a love fest for Oprah and all of us - she will of course perform - and has done nothing but give you her best - it is more of a Diana Ross upclose show than an Oprah interview.

It will be very well watched and enjoyed - but - nothing new - other than her comfort with herself and concern for the world around her.

Very scripted - but then again - Ross is no fool.

theboyfromxtown
02-16-2011, 08:50 PM
I have to agree with you Topdiva1. Diana knows her craft and she's had plenty of experience at it.

bradsupremes
02-16-2011, 09:07 PM
Topdiva, how are you 100% completely sure that Diana's appearance on Oprah has already been taped?

Oprah is a very big Diana fan, but I do not believe for one second that Diana would throw away a friendship or even be hurt if Oprah interviewed Mary. Why should she? Diana does not hate Mary.

jobeterob
02-16-2011, 09:18 PM
Well we don't have long to wait to see it live, taped or whatever and to see if anyone walks out at all...........Berry, Rhonda, the grandchild held by Rhonda, Michael's kids saying they are moving in, 8 Supremes singing Someday We'll Be Together, Rick James & Michael Jackson singing My Favorite Thing leaving us unclear if we are talking about cocaine, propofol or Diana..........

topdiva1
02-16-2011, 10:33 PM
Topdiva, how are you 100% completely sure that Diana's appearance on Oprah has already been taped?

Oprah is a very big Diana fan, but I do not believe for one second that Diana would throw away a friendship or even be hurt if Oprah interviewed Mary. Why should she? Diana does not hate Mary.

You better re read Diana's Secrets of A Sparrow - start with page 228 to see how she feels about La Diva La Wilson.

miss_lish
02-16-2011, 10:39 PM

Speaking of not mouthing some stuff; you never responded about Elegant Soul and my claim about his racist rants. What should I infer from this lack of a response, jobetrob? If memory serves me well, you were on board when some of this took place??

captainjames
02-16-2011, 10:39 PM
lol
This is so funny............... now you guys have me waiting to see what Oprah does.
Perhaps Barbara or Cindy will be behind curtain number 1 which seems more like "fo real".

miss_lish
02-16-2011, 10:41 PM

It's a case of a bunch of crazed fans making stuff up.

miss_lish
02-16-2011, 10:45 PM
Thank you TopDiva1 for that explanation.

I thought that the US was focussed solely on ratings so it would seem, as you say, very petty for Oprah to pass over an important guest like Mary. Surely the ratings for both ladies are not that worlds apart. Certainly you guys on SD would be watching both!

LOL! Again, just a bunch of crazed fans making shit up to impress us with their "inside" knowledge based upon .. ?

miss_lish
02-16-2011, 10:47 PM

Tony Turner is all knowing, factual, and clairvoyant, bradsupremes; most Supremes fans are. Do not question, just accept blindly his word as gospel. It's the polite thing to do.

bradsupremes
02-16-2011, 10:52 PM
You better re read Diana's Secrets of A Sparrow - start with page 228 to see how she feels about La Diva La Wilson.

That was 20 years ago. People change.

In regards to the episode, how do you know it was taped and what was said?

bradsupremes
02-16-2011, 10:55 PM
Tony Turner is all knowing, factual, and clairvoyant, bradsupremes; most Supremes fans are. Do not question, just accept blindly his word as gospel. It's the polite thing to do.

I know, right? lol

smark21
02-16-2011, 11:01 PM

In the first couple years of her show, wasn't Oprah concentrating mostly on topics like women bitching about their men or how to lose weight? I don't think her show was about celebrities coming on to promote their books, unless it was a self help book or a book about some sort of physical or substance abuse. Oprah was a pretty trashy show when it first started and she got a reputation for specializing in male bashing, especially bashing Black men. But it worked for her and she quickly went number one.

Roberta75
02-16-2011, 11:03 PM

You are better to ignore her bradsupremes because her tongue is that of a serpent.

As the book of Exodus boldly states.

“You shall not spread a false report. You shall not join hands with a wicked man to be a malicious witness" Alas topdiva does both. May the good Lord forgive her.

jobeterob
02-17-2011, 01:08 AM
Hey Miss Lish..............I remember your comment about Elegant; well..........maybe I should send you a private message; I dont remember what thread you asked it on; it probably got buried in a fight.

I did hear the allegation Elegant was racist; I dont know the details; he wasn't to me; there are people who have posted on here that don't understand racism and it's subtleties; it will annoy some people but I think, for personal reasons, that I have a better understanding of it than many people. If Elegant is racist, I wouldnt approve and that's well known.

So all you should infer from the lack of a response was that the thread either got deleted or I lost track of it.

You and Elegant must know each other because you are in very close proximity to one another.

topdiva1
02-17-2011, 11:07 AM

No my dear - Tony Turner was at the taping.

Rest darling, rest.

topdiva1
02-17-2011, 11:09 AM

Tony Turner knows - because Tony Turner was "IN THE HOUSE"! Remember all I have posted from him here - and you will see he is on target with his preview.

skooldem1
02-17-2011, 11:18 AM
It doesn't take a rocket scientist or for someone to have been at the taping to know what the show will be about. I've read the same things from various people on the net about what they think will happen on the show.

skooldem1
02-17-2011, 11:21 AM
If there are any reunions, it will be with Diana And Billy D. Like the recent episode with Barbra Streisand and Robert Redford.

topdiva1
02-17-2011, 11:42 AM
It doesn't take a rocket scientist or for someone to have been at the taping to know what the show will be about. I've read the same things from various people on the net about what they think will happen on the show.

"...what they THINK will happen on the show" - that's just it - what they think, not what someone who was there saw. At any rate your idea about Billy Dee - was interesting - well we will soon see.

bradsupremes
02-17-2011, 12:34 PM
Nice try, Tony....but I'm not buying it.

skooldem1
02-17-2011, 12:39 PM
This will be the reunion of all reunions. Diane Ross and Tony Turner. Everyone set your DVR's.

Roberta75
02-17-2011, 12:41 PM
Nice try, Tony....but I'm not buying it.

Nor should you buy it bradsupremes.

As the book of Exodus boldly states. “You shall not spread a false report. You shall not join hands with a wicked man to be a malicious witness"

Alas topdiva does both. May the good Lord forgive her.

juicefree20
02-17-2011, 04:15 PM
Just to play Devil's Advocate for a moment...

I don't know Topdiva, don't know if he/she is Tony Turner or any of that. Perhaps I'm a skeptic from reading posts on Shalamar boards where sworn 'enemies' swear that anyone who disagrees with them is H. Hewett, S. Mills or J. Watley. I don't know whether what has been said here is true. I'll give the benefit of the doubt until it becomes clear that that benefit has outlived its usefulness.

Perhaps it would be more prudent to see how this plays out before labelling anyone a liar. We'll have the answer to this in about a week. If it proves to be that TD is lying, then I know how you guys will handle it & rightfully so. But for now, the cart is being placed before the horse & I think that there's some jumping of the gun here.

But what I want to know is this...

Should the Oprah appearance play out exactly as, or reasonably close to what Topdiva has stated, will anyone here be decent enough to offer an apology to Topdiva?

8 Days & counting...we'll see!

carlo
02-17-2011, 06:59 PM
lol. Well if Tony could tell us in advance what Diana sang or wore [[before the previews start airing), then maybe we could see if he was telling the truth when the show finally airs.

robbert
02-17-2011, 08:18 PM
Having read this thread I have reasonable doubt whether I would go and actually WATCH the Oprah show on the 25rd. Anyway, who still IS Diana Ross to me, more than that skinny girl with BIG eyes whom I was smitten with when I was 15 years old, in 1964 ?

The 24th. is my 62nd birthday, you know, and I will need at least 24 hours to come back out of the happy frenzy of entertaining all my guests the day before.
So maybe this time I will call it a miss... and stay in good health.

marv2
02-17-2011, 08:37 PM
Having read this thread I have reasonable doubt whether I would go and actually WATCH the Oprah show on the 25rd. Anyway, who still IS Diana Ross to me, more than that skinny girl with BIG eyes whom I was smitten with when I was 15 years old, in 1964 ?

The 24th. is my 62nd birthday, you know, and I will need at least 24 hours to come back out of the happy frenzy of entertaining all my guests the day before.
So maybe this time I will call it a miss... and stay in good health.

I'm early, but Very Happy Birthday Robbert!

jobeterob
02-17-2011, 09:02 PM
Perhaps it would be more prudent to see how this plays out before labelling anyone a liar.

An excellent idea on any thread.

miss_lish
02-17-2011, 09:51 PM
Just to play Devil's Advocate for a moment...

I don't know Topdiva, don't know if he/she is Tony Turner or any of that. Perhaps I'm a skeptic from reading posts on Shalamar boards where sworn 'enemies' swear that anyone who disagrees with them is H. Hewett, S. Mills or J. Watley. I don't know whether what has been said here is true. I'll give the benefit of the doubt until it becomes clear that that benefit has outlived its usefulness.

Perhaps it would be more prudent to see how this plays out before labelling anyone a liar. We'll have the answer to this in about a week. If it proves to be that TD is lying, then I know how you guys will handle it & rightfully so. But for now, the cart is being placed before the horse & I think that there's some jumping of the gun here.

But what I want to know is this...

Should the Oprah appearance play out exactly as, or reasonably close to what Topdiva has stated, will anyone here be decent enough to offer an apology to Topdiva?

8 Days & counting...we'll see!

Thank you for your unsolicited intervention, Juice. You are so kind, balanced, and fair; however, a few of us have been to the dance a few times with Tony. Let's see if he tells us what she wore. Oh! He won't. We are too mean, vindictive, and jealous; therefore, he has no choice but to withhold any information that could be substantiated..blather..blather..

miss_lish
02-17-2011, 09:55 PM
Hey Miss Lish..............I remember your comment about Elegant; well..........maybe I should send you a private message; I dont remember what thread you asked it on; it probably got buried in a fight.

I did hear the allegation Elegant was racist; I dont know the details; he wasn't to me; there are people who have posted on here that don't understand racism and it's subtleties; it will annoy some people but I think, for personal reasons, that I have a better understanding of it than many people. If Elegant is racist, I wouldnt approve and that's well known.

So all you should infer from the lack of a response was that the thread either got deleted or I lost track of it.

You and Elegant must know each other because you are in very close proximity to one another.

I know that at one time, ES, lived in Montana; if he is or was is Colorado, that is news to me. Do you consider Montana and Colorado to be in close proximity, my darling?

smark21
02-17-2011, 10:37 PM
Anyone who's seen enough of Diana Ross' interviews over the years can accurately predict that her sit down with Oprah will be a rather meh affair without startling revelations as she's generally pretty guarded in her interviews [[20/20 at the time of RTL is a rare exception). I've heard she's going to perform on the show. Since the show has supposedly been filmed, what song[[s) did she perform?

smark21
02-17-2011, 10:39 PM
I know that at one time, ES, lived in Montana; if he is or was is Colorado, that is news to me. Do you consider Montana and Colorado to be in close proximity, my darling?

AS of January 2010 he was in Montana:

http://billingsgazette.com/news/local/0faf1194-feda-11de-85dd-001cc4c03286.html

juicefree20
02-17-2011, 10:41 PM
Topdiva

You're welcome. I try to be fair, but admittedly, that hasn't always been the case, so, i'm trying to learn from past mistakes.

Let's just say that I have been around enough events & artists, so that I've come to understand that you can't always speak about what you know, nor give details. I read posts all over the internet which state all kinds of things that I know are nowhere near the truth. Regardless, I can't violate confidences just so that I can prove what I know, nor to clarify what is the personal matters of others. Once trust is broken, it's rarely regained & even if it seems to be regained, relationships are rarely the same afterward.

Most people on the internet have the gift of anonymity to hide behind, which makes it possible for them to say all sorts of things with impunity. Some of us do not have that benefit, nor would I personally want to have it. If I'm going to be so bold as to say something, then I want people to know that it's coming directly from me & not from someone who's hiding in the shadows. I believe that hiding behind ficticious names while lobbing grenades is rather cowardly. I believe that if you wouldn't talk crap to or about someone to their face, it's a punk move to do it over the internet. I wouldn't say anything here that i wouldn't say to someones face & to many, I'm far from anonymous, nor do I try to be.

Such is life when people trust you enough that they know that you won't betray their confidence, as well it should be.

miss_lish
02-17-2011, 11:45 PM
Anyone who's seen enough of Diana Ross' interviews over the years can accurately predict that her sit down with Oprah will be a rather meh affair without startling revelations as she's generally pretty guarded in her interviews [[20/20 at the time of RTL is a rare exception). I've heard she's going to perform on the show. Since the show has supposedly been filmed, what song[[s) did she perform?

If you're waiting to get this answer from Tony Turner, don't hold your breath dear.

miss_lish
02-17-2011, 11:47 PM
AS of January 2010 he was in Montana:

http://billingsgazette.com/news/local/0faf1194-feda-11de-85dd-001cc4c03286.html

Yes, I recall seeing this article can others. I also recall Jobeterob being active on the Forum when ES was spewing hateful racist filth. I was surprise when Jobeterob wrote "alleged." Maybe all of the hate speak was lost in the shuffle, although it is difficult to assume how. The board was up in arms for weeks about this.

miss_lish
02-17-2011, 11:50 PM
Topdiva

You're welcome. I try to be fair, but admittedly, that hasn't always been the case, so, i'm trying to learn from past mistakes.

Let's just say that I have been around enough events & artists, so that I've come to understand that you can't always speak about what you know, nor give details. I read posts all over the internet which state all kinds of things that I know are nowhere near the truth. Regardless, I can't violate confidences just so that I can prove what I know, nor to clarify what is the personal matters of others. Once trust is broken, it's rarely regained & even if it seems to be regained, relationships are rarely the same afterward.

Most people on the internet have the gift of anonymity to hide behind, which makes it possible for them to say all sorts of things with impunity. Some of us do not have that benefit, nor would I personally want to have it. If I'm going to be so bold as to say something, then I want people to know that it's coming directly from me & not from someone who's hiding in the shadows. I believe that hiding behind ficticious names while lobbing grenades is rather cowardly. I believe that if you wouldn't talk crap to or about someone to their face, it's a punk move to do it over the internet. I wouldn't say anything here that i wouldn't say to someones face & to many, I'm far from anonymous, nor do I try to be.

Such is life when people trust you enough that they know that you won't betray their confidence, as well it should be.

Baby, you may be mistaken; I think you are responding to my post about your fairness, and balance..not Tony Turner's. If Tony thanked you, I musta missed it.

juicefree20
02-18-2011, 12:01 AM
HOLY SHIT!!!!

Miss_lish

You are very wrong about that!

Not only am I mistaken, but I must be blind, crippled & crazy. It's more than a little obvious that it was you who posted that & I apologize for making a mistake that even Helen Keller could've gotten correct had she read it in braille!

I thank you for what you wrote & moreso for handling it rather nicely when you could've slammed me for being a half-blind, illiterate. I think that in the future, it would be best that I confine myself to keeping just one window of the forum open at a time.

I aslo believe that I should also avoid attempting the more difficult task of walking while chewing gum for awhile!

Thanks again, I appreciate how you handle my mistake, which is more than a little embarassing.

That sound that you hear is me trying to pick my face up from the floor!!!

marybrewster
02-18-2011, 09:43 AM
lol. Well if Tony could tell us in advance what Diana sang or wore [[before the previews start airing), then maybe we could see if he was telling the truth when the show finally airs.

Funny how this largely went ignored.

carlo
02-18-2011, 09:44 AM
Yes, it is funny, isn't it? :rolleyes:

marybrewster
02-18-2011, 09:54 AM
I was at least expecting "Diana wore a dazzling outfit and sang one of her greatest hits".

SURELY someone that can remember the specifics of conversations and incidents that happened decades ago can remember small, incidental details as to what exactly Diana wore and what exactly Diana sang.

Has anyone on this forum ever been on the Oprah show? I have some gal pals that were on earlier this season; funny thing is: they didn't know until they were IN THE STUDIO what the topic was, and who, if any, were the guests. That Tony Turner was able to pick the EXACT DATE of Diana's taping is just AMAZING to me.

Maybe Tony doesn't want to 'SPOIL THE SUPRISE' and tell us what Diana wore and what she sang, but MAYBE he'll at least tell us about the one gift that Oprah gives ALL of her audience members? And I am not talking about her "Favorite Things".

carlo
02-18-2011, 11:48 AM
but MAYBE he'll at least tell us about the one gift that Oprah gives ALL of her audience members?

Kotex? :p

You're right, MaryBrewster. I have heard the same thing in the past. Audience members do not get to choose which show they get to attend. Her tickets are always sold out months in advance, even before the topic or guest of the show is announced. So the only way Tony Turner could have been there is if he's still really close to Diana and she made provisions for him to sit up front and center.

bradsupremes
02-18-2011, 11:54 AM
I'll take Mary Brewster's word over TopDiva's anyday!

topdiva1
02-18-2011, 12:01 PM
I was at least expecting "Diana wore a dazzling outfit and sang one of her greatest hits".

SURELY someone that can remember the specifics of conversations and incidents that happened decades ago can remember small, incidental details as to what exactly Diana wore and what exactly Diana sang.

Has anyone on this forum ever been on the Oprah show? I have some gal pals that were on earlier this season; funny thing is: they didn't know until they were IN THE STUDIO what the topic was, and who, if any, were the guests. That Tony Turner was able to pick the EXACT DATE of Diana's taping is just AMAZING to me.

Maybe Tony doesn't want to 'SPOIL THE SUPRISE' and tell us what Diana wore and what she sang, but MAYBE he'll at least tell us about the one gift that Oprah gives ALL of her audience members? And I am not talking about her "Favorite Things".

I am only telling you a tidbit of what Tony Turner told me. As he himself has said - do not kill the messenger. As I build my friendship with people I do not pry and ask tons silly questions. I only share SOME of what we talk about in conversations, as you see what happens here from the Tony Turner haters when I share the tiniest bit of news.

I will say this Tony Turner remains very well connected. So do not hate!!!

topdiva1
02-18-2011, 12:03 PM

And that of course is your supreme choice.

Thank you for being man enough to admit it. But I do not post here to gain your trust and confidence.

topdiva1
02-18-2011, 12:12 PM
Kotex? :p

You're right, MaryBrewster. I have heard the same thing in the past. Audience members do not get to choose which show they get to attend. Her tickets are always sold out months in advance, even before the topic or guest of the show is announced. So the only way Tony Turner could have been there is if he's still really close to Diana and she made provisions for him to sit up front and center.

Actually Carlo - it appears provisions have always been made for Tony Turner since he was a little boy - You are almost correct in saying that Oprah tickets are hard to get. They are perhaps gone almost a year in advance. And perhaps - horror of horror's - Tony Turner was invited to this show and did not require a ticket - and perhaps he was even backstage with Ross - helping - I'am just saying perhaps. I know this would, for some silly unknown reasons - piss the usual faction of Turner haters off. But such is life - everything and everyone is not for everybody.

What I find here is that you fans - who are so very distant from the performers that you love - cannot stand when someone like Tony Turner - who has a lifelong association with Motown performers - can still come and go as he pleases - even AFTER two "interesting" books that the fans bash - but the people written about said little or nothing.

Admit it - be real - although none of you know Tony Turner - you cannot stand him - for what he has done , where he has been, his connection to The Supremes, The Temptations and Motown period. Most of you would give your right arm to have been in his position all these years - so stop playing.

topdiva1
02-18-2011, 12:15 PM

He did not PICK any date - silly. He was invited. Now don't faint or drop dead. But horror of horror's SOMEONE asked him if he would like to be there, and he accepted.

Are you shocked? Can you handle that?

And truthfully - don't you wish it was you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roberta75
02-18-2011, 12:16 PM

A wise choice bradsupremes.

Roberta75
02-18-2011, 12:20 PM
Actually Carlo - it appears provisions have always been made for Tony Turner since he was a little boy - You are almost correct in saying that Oprah tickets are hard to get. They are perhaps gone almost a year in advance. And perhaps - horror of horror's - Tony Turner was invited to this show and did not require a ticket - and perhaps he was even backstage with Ross - helping - I'am just saying perhaps. I know this would, for some silly unknown reasons - piss the usual faction of Turner haters off. But such is life - everything and everyone is not for everybody.

What I find here is that you fans - who are so very distant from the performers that you love - cannot stand when someone like Tony Turner - who has a lifelong association with Motown performers - can still come and go as he pleases - even AFTER two "interesting" books that the fans bash - but the people written about said little or nothing.

Admit it - be real - although none of you know Tony Turner - you cannot stand him - for what he has done , where he has been, his connection to The Supremes, The Temptations and Motown period. Most of you would give your right arm to have been in his position all these years - so stop playing.

You were not backstage with Diana Ross and you were not at the taping. You fabricate these things for attention. To thine own self be true topdiva. Read the book of Peter and take these words to heart.

"Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.

topdiva1
02-18-2011, 12:29 PM
^^^ Isn't this rich? But wrong!

You are prowling heavy for the devil yourself. But it don't matter to me.

Praise God, for keeping me away from idiots like you - nuff said.

Roberta75
02-18-2011, 12:30 PM

No one is jealous of the one born with the viper's tongue. You need to read the book of Revelations topdiva and let these words resonate within you mind, your heart and your soul.

"But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death"

Roberta75
02-18-2011, 12:36 PM
^^^ Isn't this rich? But wrong!

You are prowling heavy for the devil yourself. But it don't matter to me.

Praise God, for keeping me away from idiots like you - nuff said.

A liar will never dwell in the house of the Lord topdiva. If you open your heart to God today I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns.

topdiva1
02-18-2011, 12:38 PM
^^^ do you preach before you ---- oh never mind - my demons are showing - LOL.

Praise God for the ability to ignore the false profits. Better know as idolaters of supreme foolishness and stupidity.

Touch!

olamaebarto
02-18-2011, 12:51 PM
On a side note ... did anyone see the Oprah show with Debbie Reynolds and Carrie Fisher??? It was a scream!

marybrewster
02-18-2011, 12:52 PM
Say what you will; I'd bet my last sequin that Diana Ross would rather welcome into the fold one Mary Wilson than one Tony Turner. Diana Ross has not so much given Turner one THOUGHT since his rehash of "Dreamgirl" was released.

Turner surrounds himself with, God bless them, a list of B and C list celebrities that have managed to build careers out of one or two hits. While lovely and talented, Valerie Holiday is NO Diana Ross. He doesn't have it in him to rub elbows of the elite. He was a passing fancy that made a few bucks out of the good names of a few celebrities. That's all he was, all he is, and all he will ever be.

TRUST.

olamaebarto
02-18-2011, 12:53 PM

I remember that interview on Miss 20/20!

Roberta75
02-18-2011, 12:56 PM
^^^ do you preach before you ---- oh never mind - my demons are showing - LOL.

Praise God for the ability to ignore the false profits. Better know as idolaters of supreme foolishness and stupidity.

Touch!

Cast aside your robe of lies topdiva, cleanse your body, mind and soul of sin and deceit and read the book of Revelations.

"Blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they may have the right to the tree of life and that they may enter the city by the gates"

olamaebarto
02-18-2011, 01:04 PM
AAdmit it - be real - although none of you know Tony Turner - you cannot stand him - for what he has done , where he has been, his connection to The Supremes, The Temptations and Motown period. Most of you would give your right arm to have been in his position all these years - so stop playing.

Um, no. It's that you continue to pull this bullshit "I'm not Tony Turner" act. And before you talk shit about my screen name .... I re-signed up under my own name but for some reason I can't post with it.

olamaebarto
02-18-2011, 01:07 PM
You were not backstage with Diana Ross and you were not at the taping. You fabricate these things for attention. To thine own self be true topdiva. Read the book of Peter and take these words to heart.

"Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.

Calm down there Tammy Faye. Don't have a baptist blowout over this!

whitesoxx
02-18-2011, 01:14 PM
Just posted on Diana Ross' Facebook:

Diana Ross
Want to attend Diana's Oprah taping on 2/21 in Chicago??? We are randomly selecting one winner! You must like this page and email dianaoprah@gmail.com with your name, birthdate, phone number and city. One winner will receive 2 tickets to the show. Transportation is not provided. GOOD LUCK!!!

Erm, so Topturner attended the taping and hung out backstage and then travelled back in time???

Kamasu_Jr
02-18-2011, 01:18 PM
Say what you will; I'd bet my last sequin that Diana Ross would rather welcome into the fold one Mary Wilson than one Tony Turner. Diana Ross has not so much given Turner one THOUGHT since his rehash of "Dreamgirl" was released.

Turner surrounds himself with, God bless them, a list of B and C list celebrities that have managed to build careers out of one or two hits. While lovely and talented, Valerie Holiday is NO Diana Ross. He doesn't have it in him to rub elbows of the elite. He was a passing fancy that made a few bucks out of the good names of a few celebrities. That's all he was, all he is, and all he will ever be.

TRUST.

I trust MaryBrewster. She speaketh the truth.

Roberta75
02-18-2011, 01:31 PM
Just posted on Diana Ross' Facebook:

Diana Ross
Want to attend Diana's Oprah taping on 2/21 in Chicago??? We are randomly selecting one winner! You must like this page and email dianaoprah@gmail.com with your name, birthdate, phone number and city. One winner will receive 2 tickets to the show. Transportation is not provided. GOOD LUCK!!!

Erm, so Topturner attended the taping and hung out backstage and then travelled back in time???

We must pray for topdiva because she knows not the truth. The book of proverbs says "A faithful witness does not lie, but a false witness breathes out lies"

topdiva is a false witness who breathes lies. May the good Lord cleanse her of this abominable disease.

topdiva1
02-18-2011, 01:39 PM

Welcome back sista.

topdiva1
02-18-2011, 01:40 PM
We must pray for topdiva because she knows not the truth. The book of proverbs says "A faithful witness does not lie, but a false witness breathes out lies"

topdiva is a false witness who breathes lies. May the good Lord cleanse her of this abominable disease.

This is old - for all of you in Chicago land - simply go to Harpo on that day and see if Ross is taping for yourself - then report back.

marybrewster
02-18-2011, 01:42 PM
DIRECT FROM DIANA ROSS' FACEBOOK PAGE:

FUNNY THAT TONY TURNER WAS AT THE OPRAH TAPING THAT HASN'T BEEN TAPED YET.

topdiva1
02-18-2011, 01:46 PM

TRUST.

We all trust in your word as gospel Mr. Marybrewster, thanks luv.

Oh - can you name the b and c list stars that Turner surrounds himself with for us.

I believe he made way more than a few bucks - but I could be wrong - and God knows you are ALWAYS right and know all there is to know about Diana Ross - Mary Wilson - The Supremes - Motown and the passing Fancy - Tony Turner.

But as far as that's all he will ever be - your right - he will always be Tony Turner and you will not, you will be just another silly willy nilly fan boy - old as the hills Motown was built on.

Touch!

Roberta75
02-18-2011, 01:46 PM

You will be added to my prayers olamaebarto.

topdiva1
02-18-2011, 01:50 PM
Um, no. It's that you continue to pull this bullshit "I'm not Tony Turner" act. And before you talk shit about my screen name .... I re-signed up under my own name but for some reason I can't post with it.

And how do you know I am Tony Turner = you are so wrong - yet so funny and stupid - what makes you know this so well - and why in heavens name do you NEED to believe this. You ole fans sure hate Turner - just jealous of him - you are all Taborelli lovers.

And what a vulture - money hungry hooker J Randy Taborelli is - stealing - reportedly - Mary Wilson's personal diaries and then turning them into a book.

Roberta75
02-18-2011, 01:50 PM

The one with the serpents tongue has been caught in yet another lie. It is written in the book of Proverbs that a false witness will not go unpunished, and he who pours out lies will not go free. Repent topdiva and you will be free.

topdiva1
02-18-2011, 01:51 PM
You will be added to my prayers olamaebarto.

That is scary in and off itself. Good Lord LOL - I did not know the devil's dolls prayed.

marv2
02-18-2011, 01:53 PM
[QUOTE=marybrewster;36470]Say what you will; I'd bet my last sequin that Diana Ross would rather welcome into the fold one Mary Wilson than one Tony Turner.QUOTE]

What are you saying here? What exactly do you mean by that?

marybrewster
02-18-2011, 01:55 PM
"silly willy nilly fan boy"

Reverting to your childhood?

I've got one for you! How about 'LIAR LIAR PANTS ON FIRE'.

Since we've be able to confirm what we've known all along, that you are nothing but a liar, filled with dillusions and drama, you have now been placed on permanent IGNORE.

Best of luck to you come judgement day, Tony Turner.

marybrewster
02-18-2011, 01:58 PM
[QUOTE=marybrewster;36470]Say what you will; I'd bet my last sequin that Diana Ross would rather welcome into the fold one Mary Wilson than one Tony Turner.QUOTE]

What are you saying here? What exactly do you mean by that?

What I meant was: regarding the potential of a "suprise" on the Oprah Winfrey taping and appearance, Diana Ross would, without a doubt, pick Mary Wilson over Tony Turner.

marybrewster
02-18-2011, 01:59 PM
The one with the serpents tongue has been caught in yet another lie. It is written in the book of Proverbs that a false witness will not go unpunished, and he who pours out lies will not go free. Repent topdiva and you will be free.

Preach Roberta75. It's the only hope for his salvation.

topdiva1
02-18-2011, 01:59 PM
"silly willy nilly fan boy"

Reverting to your childhood?

I've got one for you! How about 'LIAR LIAR PANTS ON FIRE'.

Since we've be able to confirm what we've known all along, that you are nothing but a liar, filled with dillusions and drama, you have now been placed on permanent IGNORE.

Best of luck to you come judgement day, Tony Turner.

Topdiva will rely your lovely message about judgement day to Tony Turner.

I am sure he will be ever greatful to your kindness and "...best of luck", wishes - as well Diana Ross - for a bugger snake and bitch has never lived.

Ask Flo on your judgement day - worry about yourself - honey.

topdiva1
02-18-2011, 02:01 PM
Preach Roberta75. It's the only hope for his salvation.

She cannot preach with her mouth full of hateful devil's venom - or can she???

olamaebarto
02-18-2011, 02:16 PM
And how do you know I am Tony Turner = you are so wrong - yet so funny and stupid - what makes you know this so well - and why in heavens name do you NEED to believe this. You ole fans sure hate Turner - just jealous of him - you are all Taborelli lovers.

And what a vulture - money hungry hooker J Randy Taborelli is - stealing - reportedly - Mary Wilson's personal diaries and then turning them into a book.

Oh jesus mona2400 go back to Amazon and promote your books.

Roberta75
02-18-2011, 02:17 PM

You repeatedly lie topdiva and bear false witness. You should know that a liar will never dwell in the house of the Lord.

The good book of James says "If you have bitter jealousy and selfish ambition in your heart, do not be arrogant and so lie against the truth"

The book of Proverbs says "Do not be a witness against your neighbor without cause, And do not deceive with your lips"

Stop deceiving with your lips topdiva and ask God to forgive you for your lies and deceit.

iconicpuff
02-18-2011, 02:21 PM
Why have you not replied to the posts that prove you weren't at the 'taping' of this as yet 'untaped' show, Tony?
And, if you do deign to completely backtrack and totally embarrass yourself [[yet again) could you please do it with correct spelling and grammar for a change!

iconicpuff
02-18-2011, 02:24 PM
I am only telling you a tidbit of what Tony Turner told me. As he himself has said - do not kill the messenger. As I build my friendship with people I do not pry and ask tons silly questions. I only share SOME of what we talk about in conversations, as you see what happens here from the Tony Turner haters when I share the tiniest bit of news.

I will say this Tony Turner remains very well connected. So do not hate!!!

So you were telling the truth all along! You have 'conversations' with Tony Turner, so you can't be him!
What a load of old poop!

Motown_M_1056
02-18-2011, 02:24 PM
direct from diana ross' facebook page:

Want to attend diana's oprah taping on 2/21 in chicago??? We are randomly selecting one winner! You must like this page and email dianaoprah@gmail.com with your name, birthdate, phone number and city. One winner will receive 2 tickets to the show. Transportation is not provided. Good luck!!!

Funny that tony turner was at the oprah taping that hasn't been taped yet.

Caught in yet another lie. How many [[LIES) does that make it so far? Tony Turner was at an OPRAH taping that hasn't even happened, yet he told Top Diva what happened. Tony Turner lives this fabulous life that we haters all envy. He gets invited to all the big events. Perhaps he was at Oprah with Diana. Yeah, right. Tony Turner Is delusional and should be on meds.
But TD will probably say her mentor is psychic or can travel through time.

carlo
02-18-2011, 02:25 PM

TopDiva is a liar. We don't take too kindly to liars in this town.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_kOcTWF9gbTg/SIJ-SMwKuZI/AAAAAAAAALw/_X5OSmlt4_o/s400/old_lady.gif

Motown_M_1056
02-18-2011, 02:30 PM

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_kOcTWF9gbTg/SIJ-SMwKuZI/AAAAAAAAALw/_X5OSmlt4_o/s400/old_lady.gif

LMAO
Let's get the tar and feathers. Somebody fetch a rail.

iconicpuff
02-18-2011, 02:33 PM

My, Tony Turner has much improved since that hideous photograph of him just prior to page 213 of the Barbara Aria book!
What a great improvement 30 years can bring!

topdiva1
02-18-2011, 02:39 PM

Your mother has never looked better 0 was she lost on the last Pan Am flight - LOL - very funny miss carlo very funny indeed - now let's see you laugh about what's to come for you -

topdiva1
02-18-2011, 02:41 PM
My, Tony Turner has much improved since that hideous photograph of him just prior to page 213 of the Barbara Aria book!
What a great improvement 30 years can bring!

Welcome back - mom all cremated and done - you where not missed.

I am returning to IGNORE for you and your usual bunch 0 now on here in a number of NEW names.

How gauche.

iconicpuff
02-18-2011, 02:51 PM
Welcome back - mom all cremated and done - you where not missed.

I am returning to IGNORE for you and your usual bunch 0 now on here in a number of NEW names.

How gauche.

She's burnt to a crisp and scattered who knows where. The house has been ransacked of all the possessions
and the memory of her is barely a presence now.

I see your spelling is still.......lamentable, to say the least.

You should inform the moderator about your 'IGNORE' function, Tony. It doesn't seem to be working.

'How gauche'???? That's a bit French, isn't it? Shouldn't your el conde de Barcelona teach you how to say in Spanish or Catalan?

Also, you still haven't answered the enquiring folk here who are champing at the bit for your explanation of how you were at the Oprah taping, dear, Missie Turner!
You must be cringing with embarrassment, hoping folk will soon forget all about it or, at the very least, be praying that this thread gets deleted!

jobeterob
02-18-2011, 02:51 PM
Now we'll need to ask Ralph to get rid of this nonsense; soon, Diana will be on the show and we can hash what she says out, how she sings, what she wears, runs in her nylons and whatever else.

Let's all apply to be at the taping! Thanks for the tip MaryB.

iconicpuff
02-18-2011, 02:58 PM
Now we'll need to ask Ralph to get rid of this nonsense; soon, Diana will be on the show and we can hash what she says out, how she sings, what she wears, runs in her nylons and whatever else.

It must be really awful for you. Being forced against your will to read posts you don't want to. I bet you wish you had the freedom of choice to do what you would like rather than what you are forced!
I thought you Americans had a constitution or something.

Roberta75
02-18-2011, 03:16 PM

Why? This proves that topdiva has been spreading lies. I for one feel sorry for her as she is a desperate attention seeker and a sinner. The serpent was more subtle than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made. The good book of Mathew says the following.

"Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit. O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh. A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things"

selbmarsh2000
02-18-2011, 03:42 PM

JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA!!!! Snap! Let's all wait and see if TD/TT fesses up to lying.

selbmarsh2000
02-18-2011, 04:00 PM

No she's the new Miss CLEO!

http://www.marclamonthill.com/mlhblog/wp-content/uploads/2006/09/cleodbts.jpg

smark21
02-18-2011, 04:58 PM
Tony Turner knows - because Tony Turner was "IN THE HOUSE"! Remember all I have posted from him here - and you will see he is on target with his preview.

Oh really?

midnightman
02-18-2011, 05:22 PM
Sometimes I just want to scream... do y'all have to make this a personal war every time a Supreme is involved? Really?

Motown_M_1056
02-18-2011, 05:58 PM
Sometimes I just want to scream... do y'all have to make this a personal war every time a Supreme is involved? Really?
In this instance, some peoples' reactions were justified. I am tired of the BS we have been fed .

selbmarsh2000
02-18-2011, 06:09 PM
In this instance, some peoples' reactions were justified. I am tired of the BS we have been fed .

Beware, she might sick the count on ya!

milven
02-18-2011, 06:24 PM
According to Access Hollywood, Diana is bringing all her children and her grandchild on the show and the entire hour will be devoted to her. Sounds similar to the Barbara Walters' Mothers Day Interview. Doesn't sound like this interview has already been recorded but who am I to argue with Tony Turner.

As for Tony Turner, and speaking only for myself, I don't hate or dislike Tony Turner. Nor do I like or love him. I don't like that Top Diva turns every thread into a Tony Turner discussion and now I have fed into it too.

Back on topic, the Oprah interview should be an interesting hour. I wonder if Oprah will ask any of the hard questions like alcohol, rehab, Mary, Reunion etc.

Roberta75
02-18-2011, 06:27 PM

In her quest to become popular topdiva has turned to deception and lies. If she would only read the book of Exodus topdiva would learn "Thou shalt not raise a false report nor put not thine hand with the wicked to be an unrighteous witness"

My prayer is that she will seek the truth and live in the light. In Corinthians it is written "Evil communications corrupt good manners"

In proverbs topdiva will find the following words "A righteous man hateth lying but a wicked man is loathsome, and cometh to shame.

Start seeking and telling the truth topdiva and you too shall rise from shame.

topdiva1
02-18-2011, 06:50 PM
^^^ You sound just like JONC

NOw back to Ross and ignore

jobeterob
02-18-2011, 06:51 PM
Diana Ross To Visit 'Oprah' For First Interview With Family & First TV Performance In 4 Years
Access Hollywood - 2 hours, 12 minutes ago

celebs:
Oprah Winfrey
Celine Dion
Diana Ross
Tracee Ellis Ross
Diana Ross, Oprah WinfreyFilmMagicAccess Hollywood
CHICAGO, Ill. -- Diana Ross will make her first television performance in four years on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" later this month -- and she's bringing her family with her,Access Hollywood has confirmed.

In addition to performing, the "I'm Coming Out" singer and former Supremes legend will also sit down for her first-ever interview with all of her children and her grandson on Oprah's February 25 episode.

PLAY IT NOW: Intimate Moments With Oprah Winfrey & Stedman Graham

Diana's children who will be appearing on the show include Rhonda Ross Kendrick, "Girlfriends" actressTracee Ellis Ross, Chudney Ross, Ross Arne Naess and Evan Ross. Diana's first grandson, Raif Henok Emmanuel Kendrick, is her daughter Rhonda's son with Rhonda's husband, jazz musician Rodney Kendrick. He was born in August 2009.

The legend, whose career spans more than five decades, will take up the entire hour of Oprah's show no doubt talking about going from her humble beginnings in Detroit to international superstar and icon.

VIEW THE PHOTOS: Big Hair! Wild Fashions! Oprah Winfrey Over The Years

She is currently on the "More Today Than Yesterday" tour, which has been crossing the U.S. since late 2010.

Other guests to appear on Oprah this month include Celine Dion, who will visit on Feb. 21, and the winners at the Oscars, who will stop by her show, which tapes from the Kodak Theatre in Hollywood on Feb. 28.

topdiva1
02-18-2011, 06:54 PM
She's burnt to a crisp and scattered who knows where. The house has been ransacked of all the possessions

You should inform the moderator about your 'IGNORE' function, Tony. It doesn't seem to be working.

'How gauche'???? That's a bit French, isn't it? Shouldn't your el conde de Barcelona teach you how to say in Spanish or Catalan?

Also, you still haven't answered the enquiring folk here who are champing at the bit for your explanation of how you were at the Oprah taping, dear, Missie Turner!
You must be cringing with embarrassment, hoping folk will soon forget all about it or, at the very least, be praying that this thread gets deleted!

Why should I pray it gets deleted - and I see you are your same retarded ass self.

selbmarsh2000
02-18-2011, 06:54 PM
I In Corinthians it is written "Evil communications corrupt good manners"

and Confucius says: "Squirrel who runs up woman's leg not find nuts."

marv2
02-18-2011, 06:57 PM
Beware of those who pray in public........

topdiva1
02-18-2011, 07:01 PM

According to records your sweet mother died and was buried last year in Hillsdale Michigan. How soon we forget.

Reflections

topdiva1
02-18-2011, 07:02 PM

without having washed their mouths out..................

topdiva1
02-18-2011, 07:03 PM
Beware, she might sick the count on ya!

Welcome to a new ROSS CRAZY

topdiva1
02-18-2011, 07:20 PM
she's burnt to a crisp and scattered who knows where. The house has been ransacked of all the possessions

You should inform the moderator about your 'ignore' function, tony. It doesn't seem to be working.

'how gauche'???? That's a bit french, isn't it? Shouldn't your el conde de barcelona teach you how to say in spanish or catalan?

Also, you still haven't answered the enquiring folk here who are champing at the bit for your explanation of how you were at the oprah taping, dear, missie turner!

your mother died last year and is buried in michigan - she was not cremated this year in the uk and scattered about - do not call for this thread to be deleted it is you that need to be deleted. With all of your stirfrysupreme crazies - you all should be fried in oil.

selbmarsh2000
02-18-2011, 07:25 PM
your mother died last year and is buried in michigan - she was not cremated this year in the uk and scattered about - do not call for this thread to be deleted it is you that need to be deleted. With all of your stirfrysupreme crazies - you all should be fried in oil.

You do that the woman you are referring to is NOT the mother of Iconicpuff but another poster here and at SFF? Or did you just bring that up again to get the thread deleted so you don't have to defend your lie about the Ross/Oprah taping?

Koach
02-18-2011, 07:31 PM
It would be hilarious if this thread was brought up on the show, LOL! :D

topdiva1
02-18-2011, 07:36 PM
You do that the woman you are referring to is NOT the mother of Iconicpuff but another poster here and at SFF? Or did you just bring that up again to get the thread deleted so you don't have to defend your lie about the Ross/Oprah taping?

wHY WOULD THAT LIE GET THIS THREAD DELETED.

topdiva1
02-18-2011, 07:37 PM
Will Oprah as any really hot questions - like - are you the natural mother of both of your sons - or - were you not a grandmother some 20 years ago and kept it hid - Maybe you all can answer that.

selbmarsh2000
02-18-2011, 07:41 PM

You're the one spreading the lie, HON. The last time you tried to link the death to Puff's mom's death, the REAL person who's mother's death in your morbid researched complained about what you wrote and thread was deleted.

So, how's the Oprah taping date workin' out for ya?? Did Miss Cleo tell you what is going to happen in the future?

topdiva1
02-18-2011, 07:43 PM

That would not get this or any thread deleted - for who the heck gives a hoot.

Go ahead gang - and gang up on me.

marv2
02-18-2011, 07:48 PM
Will Oprah as any really hot questions - like - are you the natural mother of both of your sons - or - were you not a grandmother some 20 years ago and kept it hid - Maybe you all can answer that.

Ahummmmmm.......... Now it's gettin' hawt in hurr. I think y'all need to cool it a bit. whew! LOL!

selbmarsh2000
02-18-2011, 07:48 PM
That would not get this or any thread deleted - for who the heck gives a hoot.

Go ahead gang - and gang up on me.

You DO realize that more and more people in here are getting sick of YOUR bullshit? Not just the stirfry peeps. I love how when you get caught in another lie you spin your stories.

So I'll ask again ... how's that recording date for Oprah working out for ya? Did YOU lie or did you "friend" TONY TURNER author of ALL THAT GLITTERS lie?

Do tell, mona2400.

Roberta75
02-18-2011, 08:08 PM

May God forgive you for spreading such vicious accusations topdiva. Miss Ross is the mother of both her sons and you should be ashamed of yourself for writing such filth.

It seems to me that when found out in a lie you lash out at Diana Ross a woman you profess to admire.

The gospel according to Mathew says "For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned"

Shame on you ma'am. God will condemn you unless you repent.

Koach
02-18-2011, 08:11 PM
There are some people on Diana's Facebook that suggest perhaps someone hacked into it and is using it to get a lot of personal info from people. Two things that come as odd to me are that they ask for your age [[for what purpose) and that no transportation will be provided.

miss_lish
02-18-2011, 09:50 PM

and be even more wary of those who lie in public........

miss_lish
02-18-2011, 09:53 PM

Yesterday, you wanted to see it played out. Today it plays out and ONCE AGAIN Tony Turner is exposed to be a liar, and you want the thread squashed?! I swear, the logic some SDFers use in their decision making processes continues to baffle.

miss_lish
02-18-2011, 10:08 PM
I wonder if she will perform the song she wrote for her grandchild all those months ago? Maybe Tony Turner will tell us?

smark21
02-18-2011, 11:28 PM
According to records your sweet mother died and was buried last year in Hillsdale Michigan. How soon we forget.

Reflections

Wrong. It was my mother who died last year on February 15 at Riverside Methodist Hospital in Columbus Ohio, not IconicPuff's. IP is Tez over at Stirfry. I'm charcas67 and the moderator over there. Tez says his mother died in January. Tez is from England. I'm from the US. We are different people and my mother's passing is something I would not toy around with to use in some sort of internet flame war. But since you feel the need to constantly bring it up, here are some details: My mother's obit was published in the Columbus Dispatch, the Hillsdale Daily News and the Fairmont West Virginian. And she's not buried in Hillsdale Michigan. Her body was cremated and her ashes are stored the columbarium at Holy Trinity Anglican Episcopal Church in Hillsdale, Michigan according to her wishes. Her memorial service was held Mother's Day, 2010. Among the readings at her service were Psalms 27, Romans 8:14-19, 38-39, and the Gospel from St. John 6:37-40. The celebrant of the service was Fr. Duane C. Beauchamp. Is there anything else you would like to know? Are you now convinced that I'm telling the truth and that you were wrong to jump to the conclusion that you did? I find your constant dredging up of my mother's passing to be in very bad taste when you fought with Iconic Puff. It says much about your character that you would jump to a wrong conclusion about whose mother has passed and then make vulgar remarks such as disinfecting her room after she died, all in some flame war having to do with the Supremes and Tony Turner. I respecfully ask you to never make mention of her death and passing here ever again.

Roberta75
02-18-2011, 11:46 PM
From Diana's facebook page. It seems a winner was chosen to attend the Oprah taping.

Diana Ross

Congratulations Sean R! Hope you enjoy the taping!

Roberta75
02-18-2011, 11:52 PM
Wrong. It was my mother who died last year on February 15 at Riverside Methodist Hospital in Columbus Ohio, not IconicPuff's. IP is Tez over at Stirfry. I'm charcas67 and the moderator over there. Tez says his mother died in January. Tez is from England. I'm from the US. We are different people and my mother's passing is something I would not toy around with to use in some sort of internet flame war. But since you feel the need to constantly bring it up, here are some details: My mother's obit was published in the Columbus Dispatch, the Hillsdale Daily News and the Fairmont West Virginian. And she's not buried in Hillsdale Michigan. Her body was cremated and her ashes are stored the columbarium at Holy Trinity Anglican Episcopal Church in Hillsdale, Michigan according to her wishes. Her memorial service was held Mother's Day, 2010. Among the readings at her service were Psalms 27, Romans 8:14-19, 38-39, and the Gospel from St. John 6:37-40. The celebrant of the service was Fr. Duane C. Beauchamp. Is there anything else you would like to know? Are you now convinced that I'm telling the truth and that you were wrong to jump to the conclusion that you did? I find your constant dredging up of my mother's passing to be in very bad taste when you fought with Iconic Puff. It says much about your character that you would jump to a wrong conclusion about whose mother has passed and then make vulgar remarks such as disinfecting her room after she died, all in some flame war having to do with the Supremes and Tony Turner. I respecfully ask you to never make mention of her death and passing here ever again.

A decent person would apologize to you smark21.

The book of Psalm says the following "Her mouth is filled with cursing and deceit and oppression, under her tongue are mischief and iniquity" Take head of these words topdiva, show some decency and leave the deceased parents of people who post here alone in their eternal rest.

selbmarsh2000
02-19-2011, 12:09 AM

Well said Charles. Sorry that I may have got out of bounds and called out Top Diva before you could respond. But when I saw that posting I had to say something. Your mom had herself one hell of a son and I'm glad to call you a friend.

TopDiva is a low life that dared to bring up your mom's death and also Andy's death .... Tony Turner aka Top Diva, mona2400 or Anthony Green as he calls himself on Amazon is a heartless lying ass.

supreme_lady
02-19-2011, 03:43 AM
Diana Ross To Visit 'Oprah' For First Interview With Family & First TV Performance In 4 Years
Access Hollywood - 2 hours, 12 minutes ago

celebs:
Oprah Winfrey
Celine Dion
Diana Ross
Tracee Ellis Ross
Diana Ross, Oprah WinfreyFilmMagicAccess Hollywood
CHICAGO, Ill. -- Diana Ross will make her first television performance in four years on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" later this month -- and she's bringing her family with her,Access Hollywood has confirmed.

In addition to performing, the "I'm Coming Out" singer and former Supremes legend will also sit down for her first-ever interview with all of her children and her grandson on Oprah's February 25 episode.

PLAY IT NOW: Intimate Moments With Oprah Winfrey & Stedman Graham

Diana's children who will be appearing on the show include Rhonda Ross Kendrick, "Girlfriends" actressTracee Ellis Ross, Chudney Ross, Ross Arne Naess and Evan Ross. Diana's first grandson, Raif Henok Emmanuel Kendrick, is her daughter Rhonda's son with Rhonda's husband, jazz musician Rodney Kendrick. He was born in August 2009.

The legend, whose career spans more than five decades, will take up the entire hour of Oprah's show no doubt talking about going from her humble beginnings in Detroit to international superstar and icon.

VIEW THE PHOTOS: Big Hair! Wild Fashions! Oprah Winfrey Over The Years

She is currently on the "More Today Than Yesterday" tour, which has been crossing the U.S. since late 2010.

Other guests to appear on Oprah this month include Celine Dion, who will visit on Feb. 21, and the winners at the Oscars, who will stop by her show, which tapes from the Kodak Theatre in Hollywood on Feb. 28.

It will be so cute seeing the grand-son for the first time, it's great that all her children will be there to support their mother, I am really looking forward to the show even more now.
Can't wait:D

marybrewster
02-19-2011, 04:48 AM

smark; you have shown a class well beyond what is deserved here at SFD.

jobeterob
02-19-2011, 05:05 AM
As usual, I haven't a clue why any of this would be brought up.

But Tony, don't you feel at all bad bringing up these personal things about people that passed away? It reflects so badly.

topdiva1
02-19-2011, 10:03 AM
There are some people on Diana's Facebook that suggest perhaps someone hacked into it and is using it to get a lot of personal info from people. Two things that come as odd to me are that they ask for your age [[for what purpose) and that no transportation will be provided.

True, very odd in did - and the winner was chosen very quickly.

topdiva1
02-19-2011, 10:09 AM
As usual, I haven't a clue why any of this would be brought up.

But Tony, don't you feel at all bad bringing up these personal things about people that passed away? It reflects so badly.

First and foremost I am Topdiva - and I do not feel bad - since I did not bring up the subject in the first place - now a month after the subject was posted here - for reasons that remain unclear - the gang are closing ranks to protect themselves - and now a month later someone has stepped forward to explain a story and claim a mother. Why did they wait so long - and why post it anyway?

They did it just to enhance an agenda to ruin SDF. Wheter it reflects badly or not, I am not having it.

Roberta75
02-19-2011, 10:16 AM
First and foremost I am Topdiva - and I do not feel bad - since I did not bring up the subject in the first place - now a month after the subject was posted here - for reasons that remain unclear - the gang are closing ranks to protect themselves - and now a month later someone has stepped forward to explain a story and claim a mother. Why did they wait so long - and why post it anyway?

They did it just to enhance an agenda to ruin SDF. Wheter it reflects badly or not, I am not having it.

Then again I must ask you to repent and mend your ways. I don't see anyone here trying to ruin Soulful Detroit. What I see is you lying and hissing venom topdiva.

The good book of Psalm says "Their wine is the venom of serpents, the deadly poison of cobras"

Leviticus states "Any bed the man or woman with a discharge lies on will be unclean, and anything he or she sits on will be unclean"

Ask the Lord to wash and cleanse the lies, discharge and venom from your mind, body and soul topdiva and you shall be healed.

You owe smark21 a big apology ma'am.

topdiva1
02-19-2011, 10:19 AM
For Smark 21

After reading your post this morning, I take my responsibility and admit I did let the situation get way out of hand - therefore, - I would like to send my sorrowful regrets to you.

topdiva1
02-19-2011, 10:20 AM
Then again I must ask you to repent and mend your ways. I don't see anyone here trying to ruin Soulful Detroit. What I see is you lying and hissing venom topdiva.

The good book of Psalm says "Their wine is the venom of serpents, the deadly poison of cobras"

Leviticus states "Any bed the man or woman with a discharge lies on will be unclean, and anything he or she sits on will be unclean"

Ask the Lord to wash and cleanse the lies, discharge and venom from your mind, body and soul topdiva and you shall be healed.

You owe smark21 a big apology ma'am.

Apology sent.
Thank you kindly.

Roberta75
02-19-2011, 10:28 AM
Apology sent.
Thank you kindly.

You are on the long road to redemption topdiva. Don't you feel better after apologizing?

Penny
02-19-2011, 11:43 AM
smark21 is one classy guy. It's too bad the same can't be said of others around here.

Penny

smark21
02-19-2011, 01:45 PM
For Smark 21

After reading your post this morning, I take my responsibility and admit I did let the situation get way out of hand - therefore, - I would like to send my sorrowful regrets to you.

Thank you.

selbmarsh2000
02-19-2011, 03:49 PM
For Smark 21

Atta girl.